Good Thursday Morning Everyone!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by LittleDudesMom, Sep 16, 2010.

  1. LittleDudesMom

    LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

    Good Morning All!

    Running a little late here this morning. I've been up an hour and should have been up in the shower 20 minutes ago!

    It's Thursday so I'll be at work all day - pick up difficult child - then the grocery shopping.

    difficult child has had another great week in high school. Our local paper was at the school on Tuesday for reaction to Obama's school address and difficult child was interviewed and got his picture in the paper yesterday! He's awful proud of himself...

    If I can get through this extraordinarily busy day, it's all gravy from here. easy child and I are leaving for the beach tomorrow morning! difficult child has decided to stay home. She and I will be leaving around 9 in the morning and will be back Sunday afternoon! The weather is supposed to be great! I have two free nights at our favorite place at the beach and thought September would be the perfect time!

    Wishing you a great day :peaceful:


  2. Wiped Out

    Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

    Good Morning,

    Sharon-How cool that difficult child made it into the paper!! I wish I was going with you to the beach-it sounds like a perfect weekend!!! Enjoy:)

    Feeling very tired this morning, the school days and after school appts are kicking my butt! I'm sure I'll get back in the swing of things-this is our first full week and that is always a tiring one. Also we had Open House this week and I have an IEP for a student after school today plus last night difficult child had a late psychiatrist appointment so by the time we got home it was well after 8:00!

    Of course, my plans for the weekend aren't going to help revitalize my energy level but they are fun. husband, difficult child, and I are headed to the Michigan game after work tomorrow! We are going to the game Saturday with my sister in law, niece, her husband, and one of my great nephews!

    Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:
  3. Rabbit

    Rabbit Member

    Good Morning Friends! Hope everyone has a GREAT day! Same old same old stuff here.
    Sharon - the beach sounds wonderful! Enjoy! Wish I was going too!
    Sharon- I hear u! This time of year is very tiring and takes getting used to.
    Sending hugs to all! Rabbit
  4. PatriotsGirl

    PatriotsGirl Guest

    Good morning fellow warrior parents!!

    Sharon - I miss the beach soooo much!!!! We are so landlocked where we are :(

    Sharon - have fun at the game - we are football fanatics in this house!! :D

    I am trying to get difficult child enrolled into college so she can start classes January 3rd. She has picked the school she wants to go to (no major yet....grrrr). husband and I are constantly nagging on her to get a job. The laziness is driving me completely out of my mind!!!!! But I am taking her to some places to fill out applications later this morning and then off to the doctor for bloodwork. She looks very healthy again but we want to be absolutely sure the infection is gone. Tonight she has her drug and alcohol class and her weekly check in with her PO. Fun, fun.

    Have a great day every one!!!
  5. Marguerite

    Marguerite Active Member

    G'day, people.

    Sharon/LDM, how lovely for difficult child to be interviewed by the paper! Exciting!

    Sharon/WO, a weekend with family at the game will be a fitting reward after a tiring, busy week.

    Rabbit, good to see you happily bouncing around today.

    PG, good luck with difficult child and college. It is difficult for them to decide so young. My kids weren't really sure at that age, not even easy child. They felt that once they made a choice, it would cut them off forever from ever being able to change their minds, or switch. I told them about a classmate of husband's who went to uni to study Medicine. He graduated, but decided he didn't want to be a doctor. So he went back to uni and studied Law. Now he works in a law firm specialising in medico-legal matters.

    Any study done, even in the field you decide you don't want, is never wasted.

    difficult child 1's first college study was animal care. Then he tries zookeeping but found the course too difficult. In there somewhere he studied Japanese. Now he's an apprentice carpenter and very happy. We set a rule - once school is over, do a course or get a job. Even a volunteer job, such as visiting old people in a nursing home and recording their memoirs for them. Not just a volunteer job, it's a make work job because nobody asked you to do it, but generally will be glad you are doing it.

    Today we had our only uninterrupted full day at home this week. The only day I could give difficult child 3 his exam. As I expected, it took a lot longer than it should have to get difficult child 3 ready to sit and work on the exam. First he insisted on finishing some earlier (but related) schoolwork online. Then just as he posted the work, the site crashed and everything he'd written was lost. Of course he insisted on doing it over... so we didn't get to start the exam until 1 pm. Then he kept getting up and pausing (I use the microwave oven clock) while he went to the toilet, got a snack etc. I can trust him completely to not cheat, but when he does his exams for the state in a couple of months, he won't be allowed food breaks, and the total break he will be permitted will only be about ten minutes. I also had to help him organise his time (after the fiasco of last week's English exam, when I really should have pulled the plug on it because he just wasn't able to get on task).

    difficult child 3 finished his 90 minute paper at about 4 pm. Somewhere in there we'd stopped the clock while he cooked and ate his lunch.

    I had intended to go fetch difficult child 3's new medications from the pharmacy (I ordered them over the phone yesterday) before the exam, but as it turned out, I had to wait until afterwards. So it was 4.30 pm when I found that the new medications were NOT ordered, because the secretary I rang did not write down the dosage. It seems that difficult child 3's dose is smaller than usual, and the local pharmacy does not stock it in that size. He has ordered it in (would have yesterday if he had been told - grr!) We have to go out tomorrow (therapist appointment for easy child 2/difficult child 2 as well as difficult child 3) so we'll be out of town before the pills come in. And we really should have started them today. Now we'll have to wait until Saturday.

    I've had a lot of paperwork to deal with, plus the added complication of my email address showing up on a listserv which has suddenly started including me, fifteen years after I unsubscribed! I HATE listservs! I lost a lot of time today, dealing with the flood of spam and people replying (to all, of course!) with "what? Why am I getting this? Stop emailing me!" when I haven't emailed any of them. I LOATHE listservs!!!

    Tomorrow will be busy. I also have to see my oncologist again in the afternoon, plus get back to the butcher before he shuts, then hopefully back to the village before the pharmacy closes. At least I get to sit down and wait a lot during the day.

    Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

  6. PatriotsGirl

    PatriotsGirl Guest

    Marguerite - that has always been our rule, too. Now we are just trying to enforce it. It is like I have to put strings on her and make her do everything. Ugh.

    I saw you wrote you have to see your oncologist. I have had carcinoma in situ twice. Yet another reason all this stress is not good at all. :(
  7. Marguerite

    Marguerite Active Member

    Mine was invasive ductal carcinoma. And on Monday I have to get easy child 2/difficult child 2 to the gynaecology clinic for a colposcopy, she has a lesion detected on her cervix that is possibly cancerous. Or it might be precancerous. Don't know yet until they look at it.

    We really could do without this.

  8. PatriotsGirl

    PatriotsGirl Guest

    My difficult child had issues, too. She had to have the cells froze off. :( Guess these problems run in our family.
    I am sorry you are having to deal with it, too. They caught mine just before it turned invasive and the second time I caught it before it turned invasive. Had to have surgery twice. I need to go for a check up myself but with all of difficult child's things going on I just haven't had the time. Bad, I know. Is yours gone? My prayers are with you and yours!!!
  9. hearts and roses

    hearts and roses Mind Reader

    Good morning! Wow, busy morning thread today (and I'm a little late getting in!).

    Dropped the dogs off at the groomers this morning and am now at the office. I will accompany difficult child for her ultrasound midday and then swing by to pick up the dogs and head back to the office. easy child wants to meet later to talk about her moving in but I may just ask her to come over for dinner so H can be there.

    I am feeling a bit run down today. Sleeping was not easy last night as I was cold and too tired to get up for another blanket, so I kept trying to make myself smaller and smaller - ugh. Hopefully tonight will be better!

    Have a great day everyone - you all sound busy! And Sharon, I wish I could hide in your trunk for the trip to the beach!
  10. Marguerite

    Marguerite Active Member

    PG, my surgery was only six months ago, I only finished the radiation treatment on 30 June. But they say I have an excellent prognosis. The pathology report said the margins were clear and the two sentinel nodes were negative. So the cancer is as gone as it could be, I guess.

    Jo, sorry you were feeling so cold last night. Here tonight the wind chill factor is nasty, we can hear the wind howling. During the day it is getting warmer, but night is still cold. When our summer comes in (and your winter) I'll let you live vicariously at our village beach. In summer the sand warms you to the bones. I could do with that right now.