Good Thursday Morning Friends

Rabbit

Good Morning Friends! difficult child 3 is having problems because she did not finish her paper!
Ugh! Hope everyone has a GREAT day! Hugs Rabbit

susiestar

Roll With It
Good Morning!! I hope you don't have to put up with too much more middle of the night stuff for this paper. And that she gets a decent grade!

I slept a good part of the day because I had spent several nights up most of the night. I did get a bunch of stuff scheduled, so I have to update husband's calendar today and run some errands.

The mgr of the local mid-sized grocery store wants to have coffee with me - his treat. I sent a letter to corporate and he wants more info and to make it as right as possible. They are afraid I will go public. If they don't do a good job I just might. More will be in WC..

Otherwise, we are going to try to get the floor down in Jessie's room today or tomorrow. The timing depends on some things. We want to take some of the boards over to cut on my dad's table saw because husband isn't confident with the saw and gets really nervous when I use it. Not sure why, I have been using them most of my life. Probably he worries I will drop it. He has a nasty cold so I won't push it.

That is pretty much it for us. I do want to get Jess to walk some so she will be able to go to the art festival this weekend.

Hope everyone has a peaceful and productive day with little or no gfgness.

Hugs to all of you, every last one!

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Rabbit, sorry difficult child 3 didn't get her work done. Why is it that we get so much of the stress that by rights should only be theirs?

Susie, I hope you get some resolution from your cafe meeting. It's funny how the men in our life get anxious when we are around their power tools. I mean - do I hover when the fellas use my sewing machine?

We had a busy day today. husband had to get new tyres on his car (it's old, almost a classic and very loved) so we grabbed the chance to get a lot of fiddly things done. So first thing - husband dropped me and difficult child 3 off at the motor registry, we finally got difficult child 3's Learner's Permit! So we now have our last learner driver in the family!
While we were there I saw some old friends who used to go to our church when they first came to Australia. They moved away and now live in the town where the motor registry is. It was good to catch up. They were refugees from Africa and the dad now works with the refugee community to help them settle in. Then just as they were leaving and just as difficult child 3 was called to the counter to collect his very new Permit, the deputy principal from difficult child 3's school came over - he had come in with his wife to transact some business. They live a long way from that registry, I'm not sure why they were there. I forgot to ask him. But it was very nice of him to congratulate difficult child 3 on passing his first test. He's a very nice man, I've always found hi to be and he has always been very friendly and supportive towards difficult child 3.

After that, we walked to the music store I've been meaning to go to, for choral music. At last I found some, so I bought it and I've been burning the accompanying CDs to my iPod as I type this, so I can play it for the choir and we can learn the pieces. We were leaving the store and walking along the path just as husband came up in the car, freshly shod. From there we went to the hardware store, then to easy child 2/difficult child 2's & SIL2's place. We talked for a while, planned some strategies. husband talked to SIL2 about his job prospects now he's out of work, while I talked to easy child 2/difficult child 2 about costumes for the upcoming play we're both in.

Then we headed to the mall. I got some lunch (late!) then shopped for costume fabric. difficult child 3 shopped for computer game bits, then we all headed home. We're about to head down to mother in law's to cook a prawn and vegetable stir-fry. The rice has been cooking while I've been down here on the computer.

Anyway, it's time for me to get cooking.

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Rabbit-I hope you can manage to get some extra rest today. Sorry difficult child didn't finish her assignment-story of our lives with easy child/difficult child.

Susie-Sounds like a busy day ahead. I'll be checking out wc to find out more about the grocery store.

Marg-Sure was a busy day for you. Congrats to difficult child 3 on getting his permit!!

After work today we are hoping to get to the health club and then we'll go visit difficult child.

I haven't decided yet whether or not to go to book club. Guess it will depend on my energy level after visiting difficult child.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!:peaceful:
'