Good Thursday morning friends....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
It seems we have many sleeping in this morning - including myself. It's to be another warm but less muggy day today. Additionally, it's the second to last day of ESY for kt & I'm scrambling for activities for the rest of the month.

My health issues put some of our ideas on the back burner until next year. PCA & I are working out swimming park outings for next week; my brother (god bless him), would like kt to come visit for a few days with his daughter. That one is still iffy.

PT coming in this morning. I'm about to put a marinated beef roast in the crock pot & get a potato salad going while it's still cool.

Enjoy your day - keep it calm. :flower:

K

Kjs

Good Morning

Linda - Dinner sounds delicious. Is Kt glad school will be out?
Hope your PT goes well.

Very warm here today again. Planning on meeting with school principal afternoon today. (Hopefully) If not will definately schedule a time soon.

Start with HRT today..hope it works fast.

Have a great Thursday.

On_Call

Linda,

Kjs is right - dinner sounds delicious! I hope that kt does get to go visit your brother for a few days - that would give you a couple of less days to try to 'entertain' her when esy program ends for the summer.

Kjs,

A meeting with the principal sounds a bit ominous! Hopefully it's routine and goes well.

I thought I was up early this morning - you girls are really early risers.

We have been invited up to camp where difficult child is on his own esy program - for dinner and a 'patriotic presentation' tonight. Camp is at least 2 hours away - which means I would have to leave work early. Normally, that would not be a problem, but we are leaving on Sat. for a week's vacation - and one of my 3 bosses has been out the bulk of this week - so it may be tough for me to get away. husband said if I can't go, he and easy child will go anyway, but I know difficult child would be disappointed.

So, I plan to go in very early - and work through my lunch - so that it might take the sting out of me going early??

Wish me luck.

Good morning to all who snuck in.

Wishing all of you a stress-free, calm Thursday!

Marguerite

G'day, all. I'm having computer problems tonight, this is my second attempt.

Linda, the crockpot is a real boon at times like this. I'm cooking a lot of roasts at the moment (shove it in the oven, get it out in an hour's time). I hope the swimming is helping.

Kjs, good luck with pinning the principal down to an appointment. I hope it's nothing serious...

Jamie, enjoy your holiday. I hope the camp visit goes well - it's always butterflies in the tummy for something like this. Will he be OK? Will he hold it together? I do agree, going in to work a bit early can sweeten the boss when he's giving you time off.

We heard the news tonight about the bridge collapse. It was the lead story. I hope they find more people than they expected to. It is so shocking.
The next story was very close to home - our deer herds, the ones which rip our gardens to shreds every night and knock over our bins, have been found following the train tracks into the inner Sydney suburbs, where they get lost, confused and such a concern that they're having to be shot. NOW they decide to do something about it.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Linda-See if I had come for dinner last night I could have stayed for the beef tonight! :wink: I hope you are able to get all of the activites planned that you would like for kt. Very nice of your brother to offer to take kt!

Kjs- I hope you are able to meet with the principal and that the HRT kicks in quickly!

Jamie-I hope things work out with the camp. Just be sure to drive carefully!

Another hot one here today-it's already 72 which is unusual for us at this time of the morning. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hot.gifdifficult child is up early today and talking non stop! I'm glad wrestling camp is on his agenda today! They are taking a break and taking the kids swimming this afternoon which also means they are keeping him an extra hour today!

As for me, I have a therapist appointment this morning and then a long nap is on my agenda. I was up til 1:30 last night. We watched a good movie, Changing Lanes, I think was the name and then I was reading. Later I will make it to the health club!

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day :dance:Hi to anyone who snuck in. :kisses:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning Linda, Kjs and Jamie. It does seem we are slower to get moving on these August mornings.
We had a horrendously loud thunder storm yesterday which just made it more Miami like. I don't think I have ever seen it so green in this part of Texas in August. The drought is over.
I'm going to spend some time with my mom this weekend and visit with new sister in law who is about due to have our first niece(all nephews until now). My sisters and I are about goofy over little girl things. It's a lot of fun.

difficult child came buy to help with some work and continues to be delightful.

Linda, I'll be by for dinner. Sounds yummy.

tiredmommy

Good morning Linda, Kjs, Jamie, Marg, Sharon & Fran! :coffee: Sorry I've been MIA for the last little bit. It's been hectic trying to get Duckie out the door in the morning for camp. Add two hours of cheering in the evening (in this heat!) and you got one tired and stressed mommy here, lol! :smile: Gotta go!
Have a great day! :salute:

mum2JK&TH

Well it was starting to be a good morning until difficult child woke up, lol, and it's only 8:00...

When does puberty start for boys??!! There are many things that I have been enjoying with difficult child being medication-free, however there are a few things I could do without. Anyways, he blessed us with a grumpy awakening only to be sent back to his room within 4 mins of that for being mean and then he broke out into the "I hate this family, it :censored2:, I hate you two, blah, blah, blah." Can't say that I am enjoying being a member of the "I hate you" club but at least he's making me a regular member of it very quickly. I have decided that each time he says this, it's going to cost him $1.00, I really don't like it.

Sooooooooo anyways, won't be doing much today as it supposed to get insanely hot. Will probably spend most of it in the pool, maybe take them to the park if all the kids get here early enough but we'll see. easy child has cheerleading tonight so I was thinking of stopping by a nearby mall while she's there or maybe read more of my Potter book. I am loving it.

Have a great Thursday everyone!!