Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

It seems many of you must be sleeping in this morning-good for you! For me this is sleeping in and I plan on trying to go back to sleep in a bit as difficult child is at respite til 9;30 this morning.

Last night husband and I went to see the movie, Charlie Wilson's War. It was a really good movie! I also finished reading a good book last night, The Space Between Us.

Today I will get in my workout and I am meeting my best friend, her mom, and godson for lunch. It's been over a month since I've seen my godson and he is such a cutie.

Of course, later I will squeeze in my nap :sleeping:

I hope all of you enjoy a peaceful day with many reasons for smiles and laughter. :skate:

Marguerite

G'day, everyone.

Sharon, I was just about to start the morning thread myself, while it still IS Thursday here! I have ten minutes left...
Enjoy your workout today. And your lunch.

We got back home this afternoon, after Christmas in Canberra (hereafter to be called Teletubby Town - see other posts). It was not as hot as I expected thank goodness, although I did live in my swimsuit for a lot of the trip. We met a lovely cooling thunderstorm on the drive home. Very enjoyable.

husband & I have spent most of the evening in various forms of paperwork. He's been working on the accounts while I've been sorting through and throwing out old newspapers and filing difficult child 3's schoolwork, so I can reclaim our dining table. easy child 2/difficult child 2 has been completing her tax return (only 3 months past the deadline).

We had a lovely family Christmas with easy child & BF1. It would have been their first Christmas without family, if we hadn't gone - they are both 'on call' over Christmas and New Year and couldn't leave Canberra.

Tomorrow is my cleaning, cooking and washing day, so I need my sleep!

Have a good Thursday, everyone.

Marg

jannie

trying to survive....
Good Morning All-
I can't believe the morning thread was not started until 7:45 am. I think that's a new record.

The date night with husband sounds lovely...I want to see the Charlie Wilson's movie as well.

Both of my kids are still sleeping. I'm still not sure what is on the agenda for today. I'm off...hopefully at least one child will go to day care...

difficult child birthday was last week and he used his money to buy a hamster and...guess what...I told him if he gets a hamster it will live in his room he will need to sleep in his room and not come into ours because his hamster will be lonely...and so far for the past three nights he's been in his own bed :smile: I should have given him a hamster years ago...

I hope everyone has a nice day.

smallworld

Good morning everyone!

Sharon, I really want to see Charlie Wilson's War, but it's going to have to wait for a night when we have a babysitter. Today sounds like a good middle-of-winter-break day for you. Enjoy!

Not too much on the agenda. J is unhappily in his day treatment program. A and M are having bloodwork this morning to check certain levels affected by their medications. Because they have to fast, we'll head to breakfast at a nearby cafe in our favorite bookstore afterwards. Then A has to meet with the cantor for her Bat Mitzvah lesson (the big day is February 9). After that, we're just going to hang out at home until we pick J up. All week we've been knitting and cleaning out our very messy basement playroom.

Hope you have a peaceful day. Hi if you snuck in.

tiredmommy

Good morning Sharon, Marg, Jannie, Smallworld and all to follow. :coffee:
I've got a relaxing day on tap (not! :hammer:): I'm taking Duckie to a local toy store to fill out a wish list, taking a package to UPS, and going to a children's program at the library. Duckie will have a blast! I will probably get a headache. :bloodshot: Then, I need to make Duckie's birthday party invitations for next month. :princess:
Have a great day!!! :sleeping:

happymomof2

Good Morning all, yes we all slept in this morning. Washed about 5 loads of clothes yesterday. I don't know how I got so far behind with them so fast. Blaming it on Christmas - not me. :smile:

difficult child & easy child are awake now. The fighting hasn't began yet. Shhh... can't say that too loud. They are going roller skating tonight with difficult child's church youth group. It was part of there Christmas present. I put 10 bucks each in cards for them.

husband doesn't have any work today :tissue:

Hope that changes real soon or we are going to be in trouble.

Next week I will go put in apps at temp job agencies. Don't want something permanent right now due to difficult child going back to school and not knowing how all that is going to go.

Hope you all have a great day.

LittleDudesMom

:rudolph: :gingerbread: Good Late Morning Ladies!

Sharon, glad you slept in a little :sleeping:. I would like to see that movie as well but will wait until it's out on Netflix!

Marg, glad you had a lovely holiday with your daughter. It was really wonderful of you guys to travel to her :miseltoe:.

Janie, great story! Little did you knw that all it would take was rodent to get him in his own bed :rolleyes:!!!!!

Small, you girls have fun at breakfast :lipstick:! Sorry difficult child is not adjusting as quickly as we all hoped.

Happymom, I hope the quiet and calm continues this morning :hypnosis:!

easy child, difficult child and I will be going to the office together sometime today. I still have to do some payroll for our salaried employees even though everyone is off until next Wed. easy child is going to earn some extra cash by boxing my 2006 files, moving 2007 over and making all my new files. She will also vacuum and clean the office kitchen. difficult child will probably draw on the dry erase board and play on a computer and with the copy machine!!

My cousin is coming over this evening for our little Christmas celebration. We will exchange gifts and enjoy holiday finger food :xmasdec:.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday.

JJJ

Good morning!!

I'm just waiting for my mom to get here to watch my littles and I'm off to have a meeting at the new psychiatric hospital with my 11 page parent report (Kanga was transferred last night.)

Hope everyone has a rage-free day,

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
A very good Thursday morning friends,

I really slept last night - a good 14 hours. husband thinks maybe too much sleep as I'm a bit brain dead. You can never get too much sleep. In fact, I'm pretty sure I could lay down & nap again real soon. :rofl:

Here's to a meltdown free day! :salute:

PersonalEnigma

Good morning. We've already had one tantrum this morning... difficult child wanted to play his video games. Unfortunately (for him) he did not put away the disks a while back and in the meantime lost two of the cases. I told him no more video games until he finds the cases he lost (proabably under the couch). He decided that he was going to do 5 loads of laundry in exchange for being allowed to play his new game (got it for Christmas - an exception was made for playing on Christmas day so he could check it out). I thought about it, but decided to stick to the original plan. I told him that we would spend the day cleaning up the living room together and hopefully we'll find the game cases. He had a good tantrum telling me how he wanted to be dead and hiding himself in the box from the GT Snowracer we got him for Christmas. Fortunately a couple good smiles from easy child cheered him up (thank goodness he loves her so much). So house cleaning is my big plan for today...

tammyjh

Good morning,
I was up early this morning but very lazy. difficult child had her meltdown last night and is still on the verge today so I'm on "watch" in case I have to step in while the kids are playing.
Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good Morning everyone! Oh, holiday vacation week is my favorite! Everyone seems so much more relaxed and less crazed.

I'm having lunch with one of my girlfriends today and then waiting for my girls to get home so we can open our Christmas presents.

Enjoy all!