Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Only 1 more day til Friday! Our district did end up canceling school yesterday due to a wind chill warning!!!! It was so nice to not have to head out in that weather!! Eventually we had to in the afternoon and it was frigid:frozen:

It's back to work today. After school difficult child has a therapist appointment and so do I. Then it's off to wrestling practice. I would love to go to the health club but just don't see it happening today.

I hope everyone has a day filled with peace:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

:happyguy:Good Thursday Morning!:happyguy:

Good Morning Sharon, glad you got to stay home and have a little break yesterday. difficult child and I saw the frozen waterfall on the news :coldday:. Hope you find a little time today to breath!!!!

As Sharon said, one more day 'till Friday. It's like Friday for difficult child though, he's out of school tomorrow!

I feel a cold coming on so I have my orange juice along with my coffee this morning. I'm going to stay around the house this morning and do some stuff before going into the office. I got a lot of work done on Tuesday so I only have a couple hours work. I'll go in around lunchtime and work until difficult child pick up time :thumbsup:.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday - hopes it calm and smooth!

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon - we had school, even with the frigid temps. Glad you had a day off to enjoy.

Sharon/LDM - take care of that cold. My GP informed me that some of these cold virus's are a bear to shake. Have a good day at the office.

I have a staffing for wm this morning. After that a nap; I'm planning on pizza for dinner tonight. You know, using the good china - paper plates. Plain & simple.

Have to get off here & wake the bug up for school. I'm sure she'll be in a jolly mood after yesterday afternoon. I believe a root canal might be more enjoyable this morning - or she could surprise me. Wouldn't that be nice?

Have a calm Thursday. Here's to cooperative difficult children & a bit of time carved out for ourselves.

Marguerite

G'day Sharons & all to follow,

Wiped/Sharon, how bad does the wind chill have to be, for school to be cancelled? In all my schooling, I never had school cancelled because of weather. There were a few days when we did wonder if we'd be sent home because of the heat, but the problem there is, how to GET home safely... we'd have had to walk home in the blazing sun, and at least the schoolroom was made of thick sandstone. And the kids have been let out of school because of bushfires - it's happened at least twice while I've had kids at the local school.

Sharon/LDM - a frozen waterfall? I remember my sister showing me photos of her and her husband walking under a frozen waterfall in the Sixties - she said it was Niagara, I think. I find it hard to conceive of something that big freezing over. And for your cold - I hope you have some good honey. Best thing for a sore throat, a spoonful of honey from a beekeeper, rather than the commercial pasteurised stuff from the supermarket. Honey in the comb is even better - chewing that bit of beeswax seems to help soothe the throat for longer.

Today was the first day back at school (officially) for difficult child 3, for the new school year. We actually got him started yesterday, plus 'eased him in' on Tuesday, which was the first day back for teachers. While easy child 2/difficult child 2 was in the hospital getting a gastroscopy, I got difficult child 3 to do his English worksheets.

So this week so far, he's got a lot of work done. He finished his work just a few minutes before our usual knock-off time and asked if we could go to the beach - a perfect reward. He'd been worrying as he saw the sky clouding over, but the sun came out for us for another hour.
The water is warm - not tropically warm, just pleasant. The beach was almost empty, just a couple of fishermen on the rocks and one other swimmer, who chatted to me about his sister, an old friend of mine. My neurologist would have been very happy with me - I bobbed around in the water for over an hour, good exercise for me. I'm wearing contact lenses on swimming days, otherwise I'd lose my way and find myself heading for New Zealand instead of the beach. The sea is too rough for me to keep my glasses on, this is my only option.
I had a struggle persuading difficult child 3 that it was time to go home, but we needed to, the clouds were finally moving in with determination. Tonight Sydney is surrounded by storms. We're getting a little rain, not like other areas. One village not far south of us got an inch of rain in 40 minutes - there was probably none left by the time the storm got to us.
They've forecast grey skies and scattered showers for the next week now, not sure how much beach we can get in for a while, so I'm glad we had our swim today. Temperatures are dropping to a civilised level, hopefully we'll be able to get some sleep tonight.

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Marg

Estherfromjerusalem

Well, I haven't said "good morning" to you all for a very very long time.

I'm having a lovely Thursday morning. It has been snowing for the past two days in many parts of Israel, and Jerusalem is white and beautiful, and from my lounge window I can see loads of snowmen, an igloo, and lots and lots of lovely white snow. Children are playing and laughing -- it's quite idyllic! It will melt by this evening, at least most of it, but kids have had a couple of unexpected days of holiday from school.

Now the sun is shining and the sky is blue. No more excuses. I shall have to go out shopping soon so that I can do my cooking for the Sabbath (Shabbat).

I feel all nostalgic -- on the "water cooler" I see that Blondie is back, saw a message from Tia and then read a whole thread of "Picoisms." She was such an amazing person, her mind so lively and creative, and with such a talent for writing. Those were different times, a long long time ago.

I hope you all have a wonderful day (and weekend).

Love, Esther

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning my friends.
Wiped out glad they used sense and kept the kids out of that beastly weather.
Linda your pizza and china sounds yummy.
Sharon, hope your cold eases up. Enjoy your day at work.
Esther, it is good to see you. I read about the snow in Israel. It's a wonderful little gift isn't it? It was the same in Dallas. It so seldom happened that we thought we were fortunate to have that for a few days. I know what you mean about the nostalgia. It's nice to think back to the good memories.
Marguerite, hope you never have to live in life threatening cold. It's scary just as blistering heat is. I've lived in both extremes and I gladly go for the middle of the two.

difficult child did much better at the program yesterday after mom's verbal knock upside the head and reality check. Keep your fingers crossed he stays positive and gets away from the negativity. His caseworker e mailed a thank you. :woohoo: Why they sabotage themselves over and over is a mystery to me. "if you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got". You would think by 23, he would get it.

Hope you all have a lovely day and a productive one. The weekend is nearby.