Good Thursday Morning!!!

LittleDudesMom

:bunny_ears:I can't believe that Spring starts today!!!!!!

That fact that it's March 20 today is mind-boggling to me! Where has this year gone. It seems it was just Christmas! I'm sure Spring can't come soon enough from those of you in the midwest. It's been a heck of a winter huh?

I'm just about ready for the visit :wildone:. The only things left to do is polish the silver (especially since we eat in the dining room every night when mom is here and I haven't polished since Christmas :bag:) and clean out the car! I'm going to stay home this morning and take care of that and then go into the office afterwards. I have so much more energy in the morning to get that kind of stuff done.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday - just keep thinking that the weekend is a mere day away :bigsmile:!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, Sharon. All the best for your visit. I wish I could lend difficult child 1 to you, he loves polishing silver and brass.
I'm not used to your seasons starting mid-month. For us, autumn began officially on 1 March, although we've had the hottest weather of the year in the last couple of weeks.

The cool change is coming through right now. Thunderstorms circling overhead, a bit of rain in it as well.

easy child arrived half an hour ago, easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 will be driving home in this as well. So will difficult child 1, come to think of it. I have a hot curry waiting for them when they get home. Hot weather is curry time for us.

This afternoon I collected our friends from Philadelphia at the airport. They've been stuck in Aussie heatwave conditions for the last two weeks and are probably dancing in the rain right now. They are staying in the city tonight and tomorrow, we'll meet up again on Saturday morning.

If this storm eases a little more, I'm going for my daily walk with easy child. Here's hoping!

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Marg

susiestar

Roll With It
Sharon, have a good visit. Enjoy using your dining room, and the "good" china and silver. I would help you polish if I was nearby. You might look into buying some of the cloth to store silver in to keep it tarnish free. It can be bought by the yard online, then wrapped. Also, I was always told that the best way to keep silver tarnish free was to use it. I have a mis-matched lot of silver that we use, it never seems to tarnish because it is always being used.

Marg, sounds like the weather is quite wild today. I hope you can get your walk in. Like your difficult child 1, I love to polish silver. It is relaxing and so rewarding, you can SEE the progress you are making. I spent many hours polishing silver with my best friend's gma, times like while she was at graduation rehearsal and hte day of her wedding.

Enjoy your curry.

We are having lunch at a fave restaurant with my daughter's best friend, best friend's gma (one of my fave people) and then thank you and I will do some errands and go to the park.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Susie

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-I'm glad you are almost ready for the visit!:wildone:Usually I'd be glad the weekend was only a day away. This week it means my spring break is almost over and I'm not too happy about that.

Marg-You sound busy, busy, busy. I hope you are able to get in your walk. The curry sounds delcious!:D

Susie-Your lunch sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy:wine:

I know the calendar says spring but winter isn't through with us yet. Yesterday was beautiful and we only needed a light jacket. Tonight and tomorrow we are under a winter storm watch! We are supposed to get 4-7 inches of snow-just when we could finally see our grass:snowing:

This morning I am headed to the health club as the past two days although well intentioned I just didn't get there.

This afternoon is lunch with my best friend who is really struggling right now and then we are headed somewhere just to talk.

Later probably a visit to see difficult child. I'm not sure though as he is probably being discharged tomorrow so we may decide to just lay low tonight.

Wishing everyone a calm, peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

Susie,

I actually keep my silver flatware and serving pieces in a silver chest that really helps keep it nice. However, I have a large sideboard and a large dining room table. I have silver pieces on the table and a silver tea service, candelabra, and some old family pieces out on the sideboard. I wouldn't want to keep them put away because I enjoy them. It's just a pain to polish it! Seems like a visit from mom is always the impetis to get it looking nice!

Sharon - more snow!!!!!!!!!! Actually, I'm taking the kids and easy child's friend to the beach on Mon (thru Wed) and guess what the forecast is for? Snow showers here Monday afternoon and evening! So we are scheduled to get our first bit of snow and I'll be at the beach!

Sharon

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Sharon, I hope your mother's visit is pleasant, passes quickly, and holds no unexpected, unwanted surprises... I've got my fingers crossed!!!

Marg, As always, you're so BUSY!!! It is definitely unbelievable that Spring is here already for us and your summer is over...Time flies!!! I'm glad your walking daily.

Susie, Enjoy your day!!! It sounds like fun!!!

Sharon, It's nice that you're going to spend some time with your best friend. in my humble opinion, if you're picking up difficult child tomorrow, spend tonight doing things just for YOU. It is a good idea to get in as much "me" time as possible. Thanks for the good wishes regarding easy child's spelling meet. They worked!!! (I'll try to post about it later.)

Today is a BUSY day for me - Lots of errands to run, phone calls to make, etc... In fact, I've got to go!!! Easter will be here soon!!!:easter_eggs::bunny_ears:

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today...:flower: WFEN