Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

It was a rough night of sleep mostly for husband and difficult child. I went to bed then woke up when husband came up around 11:30. difficult child was still up and couldn't sleep. Both husband and difficult child took naps yesterday afternoon. Even so difficult child, with all his medications, is hardly ever up that late. Should be an interesting day today for difficult child.

We are supposed to get up to two inches of rain today-yuck-we really don't need it! It is also suppose to be windy and cold.

After work difficult child has a therapist appointment. and then maybe a visit to the health club if I can motivate myself to get out of the house in this weather. I am going to make Italian sausage in the crockpot to eat with penne pasta-good food for a cold day!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day with many reasons to smile and laugh.:flower:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:coffee::good_morning:

Sharon, dinner sounds wonderful....so what time should I show up with husband & kt?

The hmj is brewed & tasting excellent this morning.

It's to be a busy day as husband, kt & I head down to Mayo this afternoon; I'm to have a follow up with rheumatologist. We're not staying the night - heading back right after the appointment - should be home by 7:30 or so.

And of course, a major snowstorm is forecast today. Every time I go down to that clinic it snows.....I think I may have to take this personally!:bigsmile:

kt missed school yesterday as I slept through my alarms, kt slept through hers & husband had gone into the office for an early morning meeting. Ugh....an ugly morning. I couldn't drive yesterday to get kt into school. Ugly morning. kt missed an important outing & she "hates me for life".

Oh well, today is a new day......

Have a good day friends. Hope your difficult children are cooperative, your day is calm & life is good today.

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning:Good Thursday Morning Sharon and all to follow!!

Sharon, I certainly hope difficult child has a good day today. I too am worried when difficult child doesn't have a good nights' sleep - the day usually doesn't start off well and that seems to set the tone for the rest of the day :919Mad:. If that is a reasonable piont value meal, I would love to have it. I love the crock. Hope you get the gym in today.

Thursday means the office for me. I should be able to get out of there after lunch and do the grocery shopping. Tomorrow will be a busy day so I will fit as much in today as I can!

Wishing everyone a day that is filled with the promise of spring :flowers:.

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning my friends. I do believe we will see the sun all day today. :flowers:

Linday good luck at Mayo. Hope it all goes well. Yikes about the snow. I know baby sis is ready to pack her bags and run with all the snow.

Wiped out, I feel your anxiety. My difficult child was a manic wild boy if he didn't get good solid sleep. Your dinner sounds yummy.

LDM, don't work too hard.

Well, difficult child has another job. He starts with orientation next week. It's a little less hours so he can ease into it. So we jump on the roller coaster. Keep your fingers crossed. We have a phone conference with his case manager and me. He only has 3 months to prove to us that he is making progress. I guess I'm trying to flash his goals up in his head so he can head towards them. :clubbing: Same old, same old.

I spent yesterday at the doggie hospital with HoneySue. Poor thing is exhausted.
Another day of running around but there is a chance husband and I may go down to Georgia for the weekend. Depends on doggie arrangements. :its_all_good:

Hope your day is a good one. Think of something positive your difficult child has done so that you can smile.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/Wiped, the comfort food sounds like a good choice for cold weather.

Linda, I hope you get to Mayo & back safely without problems driving in the snow. Sorry to hear kt missed her outing - reminds me of Sunday a week or so ago, when the mobile phone networks all re-set everyone's phones back an hour, for the end of daylight saving - only they did it a week early! difficult child 1 missed church because by the time his phone alarm went off, he should have already left!

Sharon/LDM, work then shopping - sounds balanced. For compulsive shoppers, perfect balance usually means a credit card in each hand!

Fran, I hope difficult child can cope with the new job. Sorry HoneySue is finding the treatment so wearing on her.

We had a totally unproductive day regarding difficult child 3's schoolwork - he was really struggling to stay on task. I finally said, "Do you want to telephone your teacher? Or do you want my help?"
No, I can do the work," he said. It's just that even though there are no distractions, I just can't get the words from my head through the pen and onto the paper."

I rang the doctor at that point. We talked, it looks like either the medications are just not right, or the dose is now too low. He's sending out a new prescription but in the meantime I'm to switch back to the old medications at the old dose and see if it helps. We only have one school day left for the term, we will see how he goes tomorrow. I'll have to call the school in the morning to let them know that difficult child 3 is having trouble, possibly due to medication problems.
The doctor said that the dose could now be low, if difficult child 3 has had a growth spurt.
And boy, HAS he had a growth spurt! We saw the doctor before Christmas, difficult child 3 started on Concerta about then. And since then difficult child 3 has gone from 35 Kg to 46 Kg, grown somewhere between 5 & 10 cm taller and his voice has deepened. Yeah, I think you could say he's had a growth spurt!

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg