Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

We're almost to Friday and May is finally here! For me that means about 1 1/2 months of school before summer vacation finally arrives! I'm ready for it because of difficult child stuff. My class this year is so great I could just keep on going with them.

After work today I have to pick up our dog from the vet as she will be getting her yearly physical with shots. I also need to get to the health club. Our niece is coming over to help with easy child's hair and to color husband's (she does this every month). I figure I'll go to the club when she is working on their hair.

I also have to pack because tomorrow after school we're headed to Michigan to visit husband's family for the weekend.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day and I hope you have many reasons to smile.:D

LittleDudesMom

:princess:Good Thursday Morning!!

Sharon, difficult child and I were talking about how much school is left last night. It seems to have creeped up on me that there is so little time left in the school year :puppet:. Come on summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice that you all are going away this weekend. Hope difficult child makes the trip enjoyable!

easy child came home yesterday afternoon. She had a fabulous tme, loved Atlanta, met tons of people, and was shocked
at how big this leadership conference was. She talked all night! She wants to try and become an officer in the orgranization. Has to have the app completed by Friday and has to have an essay and some references as well. Wonderful for our kids to see how large the world is and how much it has to offer them if they work hard :reading:.

It's thursday so you know that means I'll be at the office today! I want to get out to the greenhouse, I've exhausted the options at Lowes, this afternoon so I can do some more planting tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be lovely :lady:.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Thursday.

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day all.

Sharon/Wiped, I hope the dog's check-up goes smoothly. Enjoy your trip to Michigan over the weekend.

Sharon/LDM, sounds like easy child really enjoyed the conference. It will be really good experience for her to get involved. My easy child was involved in a couple of organisations while she was still at school (and later, at uni) and it has all been very helpful for her. She learnt a great deal on how to interact with other people in a committee environment, how to work with others and how to actually function in a group.
Enjoy your gardening.

We had a quiet day today. difficult child 3 is still struggling with his English work, I can't wait until this unit is over. I think I'm going to have to set him a lot of homework this weekend, he's getting so far behind.
We had a speech pathology appointment lined up for this afternoon but she had to cancel. Monday or Tuesday, most likely.

We've got a quiet night tonight - difficult child 1 is staying at girlfriend's parents' place because of road closures for this week; easy child 2/difficult child 2 has college tonight and BF2 is probably working on the evening shift tonight - they'll be home in another couple of hours. I've got a big pot of osso bucco simmering on the stove (classic winter comfort food) which should be done soon. difficult child 3 has already eaten (leftover roast chicken & veg - I LOVE microwave ovens!) so soon husband & I will have the house to ourselves, for a short while.

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon (with-o), you're a brave woman - a trip to Michigan with difficult child. Enjoy your time at the club.

Sharon (LDM), the conference really made an impact on easy child. Have a good day at the office.

Marg, how long is this unit for difficult child? I'm sorry to hear he's struggling so through it.

This morning is my continuation IEP mtg for kt. kt is pushing for attending the local high school (don't blame her - friends in the neighborhood); however SD is saying that they will not transition her because of the distance & the cost of transportation. It may prove to be a battle royale this morning. We are NOT transitioning kt to one school next fall & then the local school the next year. Too much - just too much. If nothing else, I'm hoping our CADI manager can find funds in the budget to pay for the taxi ride from day treatment to school for a couple of months next fall.

After that, it's home to a bit of laundry (husband runs it up & downstairs - I fold & put away). A nap & hopefully some time in the backyard. kt has promised she'd help me clean & fill all my bird feeders. It's almost time to put out the bird bath for the summer.

I'd like to take my easel out back & do some painting. I doubt that will happen today - in fact, I bet I get home from the IEP mtg & sleep the day away. Should probably stop on the way home & pick up an easy dinner.

Enjoy your day - here's to a calm day!