Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:

Two work days left this week. It's actually been a good week. Many of the teachers are noticing the kids start to be a bit on the "school is almost out" mode even though we have 4 more weeks of school after this. However, my class seems to be doing fine-I really love this group-they are terrific-nothing more than the usual chattiness issues this year-unbelievable with 27 kids (I had 28 until a few weeks ago).

After work husband and I are headed straight to the club since we ended up skipping a workout last night. Good thing I had done a 35 minute power walk at lunch yesterday. I was so graceful I fell but seeem to be fine!

Wishing everyone a day filled with laughter and smiles.:flower:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:good_morning::coffee2:

Good morning friends,

Sharon, have fun with husband at the club this afternoon.

I spent the last 2 days visiting with my dad & it has been an enjoyable time. He's heading home early this morning so we said our goodbyes last night. :byebye: Dad is really looking good & we had such a good visit.

The man was really patient with wm especially. He & I picked wm up from school yesterday & took him out to lunch. wm still struggles with the huge Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) things; struggles to allow family to be close. He managed to keep it together as a 13 y/o for about an hour & then he crumbled back to his very childish 6 y/o antics. Dad as very patient & loving with wm (as he's always been).

wm was proud to show grandpa his different address (you know grandpa, we're a family of different addresses but we're still family). Dad smiled & said that at some time all children grow to live at different addresses.

All in all, Dad & I had a good time visiting. Today it's back to the same grind ~ Thursday means a load or 2 of laundry & catching up on phone calls & emails that must be addressed.

Enjoy your day friends. Here's to sunny days & a reason to smile. :puppet:

LittleDudesMom

:peaceful:Good Morning Linda, Sharon and all to follow!!

Sharon, I think this time of the year is probably the most challenging for teachers - probably followed by the week before Christmas break :devil2:!!! Enjoy the workout with hubby.

Linda, glad you had a nice visit with your dad. I'm sure wm really enjoyed seeing you and grandpa :childish:. I have found that my mother is much more patient and understanding with difficult child than she ever was with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, it's work today - probably a full day. I finished all the outside work yesterday. I needed to add some additonal pavers, mulch, and generally just do the finishing touches. I promised myself that yesterday's trip was my last one to Lowes!!!! I think I have singlehandedly made their second quarter :erm:!

Have a great Thursday :laughing:,

Sharon

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Sharon, I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself while power walking yesterday!!!

Linda, It's nice you and your Dad were able to spend some quality time together. It's also nice that he is so patient and loving with your son.

Sharon, Your yard sounds absolutely beautiful!!! I hope work goes quickly and the weekend is nice so you can enjoy all the hard work you put into your yard!!!

Today is sort of a busy day for me. I have physical therapy/ultrasound therapy, work, a few errands, and then it will be time to pick up difficult children at school.

Yesterday morning I wrote about getting a beach pass for the season. Marg asked me about it. My town is surrounded by water on three sides. We have two state owned beaches and two town owned beaches. In order to use the town owned beaches, you have to be a resident and buy a beach pass. The pass costs $20 for the season.

One of the town owned beaches is usually not too crowded because it is very rocky. It is one of my favorite places to go. I love sitting on the rocks out over the water and just watching the ocean. I could spend days and days and days there...

Anyway, back to reality. As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today...:flower: WFEN

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- Your class does sound like a great group of kids. The kids at Duckie's school are going out of their minds... and they're in until the end of June!

Linda- I'm glad you had such a great visit with Dad. It's good that he and wm got to spend time together.

LDM- Your yard must look lovely! husband and I listed the work we need to do, and it's a very long list. Ugh.

WFEN- The beaches in your area sound great. Maybe we'll have to take a road trip that way!

Well, Duckie is finally back to school after being off for three days with a stomach bug. I can use a little less togetherness, but of course husband is working from home. :hammer:

I've been a cleaning maniac lately... just need to do the kitchen and the basement now. I'll be happy if the house is in order by the end of Memorial Day weekend.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/Wiped, it's good when you enjoy your job. Even more, when kids reap the benefit.

Linda, I love your avatar! Does this mean you're playing the piano a bit more lately? It's good y our dad got to spend some quality time with wm.

Sharon/LDM, I'd love to see what you're doing with your place. Spring is such a satisfying tome to renovate the garden.

WFEN, thanks for clarifying about the beach pass. It sounds like your beach pass is similar to our national parks pass. Only yours is cheaper. None of our beaches are reserved just for residents, although one is very hard to get to except by walking, so generally only residents use it. We have a few celebrities who live there, and a few B & Bs are there too. Very exclusive, if you're into that sort of thing. Which I'm not.

TM, I'm glad Duckie is finally feeling better.

Today difficult child 3 & I went in to his school for his state-wide maths exam. The traffic reports were bad and the airport was redirecting incoming flights due to bad fog. So we allowed extra time to deal with the traffic, and made the trip in record time, just under the hour. Two hours early. So I took difficult child 3 to a nearby op-shop and then for a burger, so he could do his exam on a full stomach.
The op-shop had jeans, shirt, jumper and belt that fitted difficult child 3 well enough. He found a Wii Sports set (accessories only, nothing electronic) which was in new condition, which they sold us for $2. Cool!
It's late Thursday night, I'm finally getting my dinner (eating while I type) and only three of us are home (me, husband, difficult child 3). I just took a call from easy child 2/difficult child 2, who had a college tutorial tonight. She and BF2 are just leaving now, which means they are about half an hour's drive away (all through the national park I just mentioned). Could we please run her bath for her? Of course it must be run between 44.5 degrees C and 45 degrees C, she specified. She uses an oven thermometer for this, specially purchased.

Ya reckon there's just a touch of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) there?

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Yes, Marg. My new avatar is kind of a hint that I've been sitting at my piano trying to play. There are several pieces that I've memorized before I got sick that are coming back to me fairly easily. The music I was working on when I came down with the meningitis is a lot more difficult. I'm struggling to match the piano keys to the notes on the music. Go figure.

It's been a blessing of sorts to play again. It's been a frustration on how difficult it is to play new pieces. And I will continue.

How typical of you to notice & put meaning to my new avatar. You are so good.

Christy

Can you promise me that this will be a GOOD Thursday Morning?

Sorry for the sarcasm, difficult child has had a rough couple of days and based on our interactions so far it's shaping up to be another tough one. Evidently, according to difficult child, I am an idiot and can't even pour cereal right. He is so cute when he's sleeping unfortunately he was up at 5:00 and therefore so was I.

psychiatrist appointment yesterday with a medication. tweak hopfully this helps.

Have a great day everyone!
Christy