Good Thursday morning!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:good_morning:

Good morning friends,

Cannot believe it's Thursday already ~ the week seems to be flying by.

I see my GP this morning & then I have Occupational Therapist (OT). After that, kt, PCA & I are making more cookies (non bake). I've been collecting all sorts of recipes; they all seem to include oatmeal & peanut butter as base ingredients. I'm on the search for something different today.

I'm also on a search for spiced nuts ~ nothing too hot, but I'd like to use curry or cumin along with garlic. Ideas anyone?

I've been experimenting with a new graphics/card & calendar making software. Cannot seem to get it working for whatever reason. Uninstall then reinstall this morning before I leave for the GPs office. After that, all bets are off, I'm calling husband down from his ivory tower for a tech support break. He hates that.;):geek:

Have a good Thursday. I hope all your difficult children are cooperative & dinner is done on time. :rofl:

LittleDudesMom

:bloodshot: Morning Friends!!

My little friend here this morning is my twin! I'm a little tired here. I've hit two classes at the gym the last three days and today is the third in easy child's 6am classes!

She has gotten some good feedback Her boss called yesterday and asked if she could teach two classes on Friday. Oh to be young again...........

Linda, hope you find some good cookie recipes and figure out that software!!!

difficult child and I are putting the finishing touches on his big 13th birthday party. I'll share his plans with you later - sufice to say that it includes zombies.......

easy child and I visiting the photo dept of that local university yesterday. It was a great idea as she got one on one time with the second chair of the dept and a tour by a grad student is also teaches two classes. Lots of great info on putting her portfolio together. Much better than going in mass during the open houses!

Office today for me after class and then finishing touches for moms visit.

Hope your thursday is a good one :peaceful:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Linda, I have my thinking cap on for recipes for you. Why is kt doing no-bake cookies? Are you trying to avoid her using the oven? I have a good cookie recipe which can be played with to make different colours/flavours which can give you different effects. I like to cut them into different shapes and arrange the different colours etc together. The easiest one is to roll two different flavours out flat, lie one on top of the other then roll them up into a cylinder. You put it in the fridge to firm up and then cut thin slices for a two-tone spiral biscuit. I like to cut discs from two different flavours and then cut out smaller shapes from them and swap them over. I did some bear cookies with a smaller person cut out from the inside - sort of "Papa Bear ate Goldilocks" effect.

I hope you can get the calendar software sorted out.

Sharon/LDM, I can relate to the little yellow fella. I feel much the same. But not because I've been to the gym - just because I'm overtired, I cancelled my appointment for CT scan today because I felt three days out so far this week was already too much.

I'm glad easy child enjoyed her tour of the photographic department at the uni.

It was dry today but still cold. We haven't had an explanation for the unseasonal cold weather here. So I got some cooking done today - a hot curry for dinner, to keep us warm.
Signs of spring are around - jasmine is beginning to flower. I can't wait until the weather begins to get a little warmer.

We've discovered that Buddy the new budgie is very frisky and very curious - anything we're eating or drinking, Buddy wants a taste. I was drinking from a cup of water, Buddy wanted some too. He climbed down my hand to peer into the cup, took a sip - then threw himself in to have a good splash! difficult child 3 says we have to buy him a proper budgie bathtub. I think he's right.

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning :)

Linda-I hope you are able to get the software program up and running. I always have husband do stuff like that-I am just not good at it. Have fun with the cookie making-I'll have to look up some no bake recipes to do with difficult child.

Sharon-It's great that easy child is getting such great feedback! How often will she be teaching once school starts? I can't wait to hear more about the Zombie party! I'm glad easy child had a good visit to the university!

Marg-The budgie story has me smiling! Enjoy your curry dinner-it sounds delicious!

I too can relate to looking like that little guy in Sharon's post. I spent most of yesterday nauseous and was unable to get to the gym. I ate some cereal yesterday morning and it tasted fine to me but when I gave some milk to difficult child he said it tasted sour so maybe I had a touch of something from the milk? Anyways so far it seems to be gone but I haven't really gotten up yet.

Lots of appts today. We meet with someone about difficult child this morning and easy child has a therapist appointment this afternoon. I just really am hoping to get to the health club today. husband is going shopping at an outlet mall because his sister is in town. Later I will make dinner for sister in law and niece-nothing fancy just grilled chicken thighs and roasted potatoes and corn on the cob.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:peaceful:

Andy

GOOD MORNING TO ALL!

Timer - Good luck with cooking, software, GP, and Occupational Therapist (OT).

Little Dude's Mom - Are you used to getting up so early? Hope your body adjusts soon - The zombie party sounds interesting - glad easy child's university plans are coming together.

Marg - Stay warm - Glad Buddy is bringing joy into your household.

Wiped Out - I am glad you are feeling better. I hope all appts go smoothly and you can get to the health club.

difficult child is completely recovered from Tuesday's oral surgery. I think a trip to the store to get him shoes and a large tote to store VBS materials at church is on the agenda. Also a trip to the post office for stamps to mail reminder birthday postcards (Didn't think I would get them in time for the actual invite so decided to use them as reminders.) and a trip to local t.v. access to hopefully pick up the local Dwarf Championship game DVD to take to the cities this weekend. difficult child will ask for a friend to come over this afternoon.

Have a GREAT day - find a way to make your difficult child laugh today.