Good Thursday morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:

Today is finally Duckie's last day of school! I'll be picking her medication up from the school and taking her to lunch. That's a tradition dating back to pre-k.

Then, we have some serious work to do! We have more than 30 kids descending on us tomorrow for Duckie's big pool party. We have the regular pool, a baby pool, a slip'n'slide, a swing set and water bombs. I'm sure it will be fun! :swimming:

Then, she has her final gymnastics class and we go out to dinner with husband and a buddy of his. Should be fun! Please send us a good thought that we get no severe thunderstorms today as I already have the tents and furniture set-up. :angel:

by the way, Duckie got her report card and did great! She met or exceeded every standard. :)

Have a great day! :salute:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi kids, we are almost to the weekend. :bravo:

It's been a scorcher here in N.C. If it isn't down before 1PM then it waits until after 6. I'm hunkered down behind closed blinds and windows. It's expected to get to hotter today and tomorrow. :hot:

I am going to try out the local pool for the first time. My fish belly white legs could use a touch of sun and I could use a little break from the house. I figure 2 hrs is tops for me but I could use the change of scenery. :swimming:

difficult child went to the Transformer movie with yet another buddy. Not sure how that went but he is getting out. I'm glad for him.

Guess I need to get moving and finish up the chore list. Mostly I want my coffee. Have a wonderful summer day.

smallworld

Good morning, friends!

TM and Fran, you must have been posting at the same time so I merged your Good Morning threads.

TM, congrats to Duckie on a stellar report card and for finally finishing school. Hope you all enjoy the pool party.

Fran, I think your scorching weather is heading our way. Enjoy your coffee and the pool.

It's very quiet in the Smallword house because A and M left for overnight camp in Maine yesterday. I even had last evening to myself because husband and J took in the Red Sox/Nationals baseball game. So I met a friend for a yummy Asian dinner. It feels very strange to have so much time to myself.

Not much on the agenda this morning. There's always paperwork and phone calls, but I may put it off in favor of taking J to a museum or another fun attraction in Difficult Child.

Hi if you snuck in. Hope you have a peaceful day.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thanks smallworld.
How wonderful that you can see your 2 children out doing activities without mom in attendance. Enjoy the time to recharge.

TM, good news about Duckie's grades. She is growing up. The pool party does sound like fun. Enjoy.

Guess I need to get going too.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-Yeah for Duckie with her grades. Finally the last day of school for both of you! I like your lunch tradition. husband used to take both kids to lunch on the last day and when I could I joined them. Now it's too hard as we are scattered across the city and teachers always have a full day even if the kids don't. Crossing fingers for no storms for at least the next 48 hours. I want to come to the pool party:D

Fran-Enjoy the pool!!! I went for the first time on Monday-I am still fairly white but picked up a bit of color. It's been almost too hot for the pool the past couple of days but I am hoping to get there tomorrow. Good for difficult child for getting out to see the movie!

difficult child is already awake. I think he is excited for his camping trip. Tonight they go to a state park, learn to put up tents. For difficult child this is his first time camping. Crossing my fingers he does well! (Yesterday we had his psychiatrist appointment. He slept through the entire thing-I don't think psychiatrist has ever seen him so quiet, even when he woke up he was out of it and didn't do almost any talking.

husband and I have from this morning til tomorrow at 4 all to ourselves. Think we'll see a movie this afternoon, this morning we'll hit the health club. Napping, of course, will happen.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Tiredmommy - What fun planned for you and Duckie! I would be so excited about the pool party. I do hope the weather behaves from now through clean up! (oops, sorry to bring that up - don't worry though, it will be soooo worth it and not too hard)

Fran - Stay cool in the scorch! I guess Summer is here isn't it? Though the heat is way too early in my books.

Smallworld - What a nice night for you! I hope you get many more on your "at home vacation".

Wiped Out - I am glad difficult child is looking forward to his camping trip. I demonstrated to Diva's Girl Scout troop how to set up a tent. They were so in awe that I actually knew how that I don't think they remembered what I showed them. (the other mom with me was also surprised - just 'cause I don't camp doesn't mean I don't know how. :tongue:)

I was so glad to see 6:00 this morning. Not because I wanted to get up but because the alarm went off at 5:30 and I seriously thought it was 7:00 when I first looked at the time. Then a few minutes later realized it was only 6:00, I still can get to work by 7:30.

difficult child and I joined over 4,000 at a RedHawks baseball game against Gary Railcats. VERY exciting ending to a somewhat boring night. The Railcats came from behind to a one point lead by the bottom 9th with the RedHawks up. With one person on base and one out, one of the players hit an amazing homerun to put us in the lead by one point and win the game. Fun!

difficult child's rash is heat rash but since it is spreading he is on antibiotics. Diva has a bad case of chiggers and trying to figure out which lake she got them in. Not a good way to start this vacation on Saturday. Hopefully they will calm down and not itch so bad for the trip.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Busy morning this morning.....

TM, you're pool party sounds like so much fun....what time should I be there?
Fran, I'm proud of my lily white legs. Don't forget to use the sunscreen this afternoon.
SW, the house must seem deserted. Enjoy the one on one time with J.
Sharon, difficult child will have a gas learning all the camping stuff. wm loved it & wants me to take him camping.
Andy, glad to know that difficult children rash is something simple to treat. I hope it lessens his anxiety.

"HI" if you snuck in.

The day here is starting out with tstorms & then we move onto hot & muggy ~ just like the entire last week.

I have a session with my grief group this morning then I head out to my golf league. Instead of kt this week, wm will be mtg me there with his "marine" mental health mgr. I'm looking forward to it & wm must have called me at least a dozen times this week about it.

Have a fun day.

Marguerite

G'day, folk.

It's late here, just a quick note.

The rheumatologist today said I can wean myself off the prednisone. He confirmed the broken rib and has ordered a bone scan. So things should look up.

I got some shopping done with mother in law, I found I was coping better today than I did on Tuesday. I'm still coughing a lot, it isn't good, but things are slowly on the improve. I have put things on hold for as long as I can get away with, it starts to get busy from tomorrow.

Time to get some sleep!

Have a good Thursday, everyone.

Marg

therese005us

Hi everyone!
We haven't been long home from daughter's presentation concert. I was VERY grumpy tonight. I think I've been on this prednisone too long already - it's been 10 days already. Lucky you Marg that you can start weaning off! I've got another 2 days at 50mg before I can start 'coming down'. I know it is affecting my moods and altering my thinking..... just don't know what to do about it.

Today was dull and overcast all day, and I did lots of errands from about 9.30am. Appointment re: job capacity went well - I have zero capacity to hold down a job reliably - which I already knew. So that stress is removed.

DS did get a haircut, but was not in a cooperative mood by the evening, hope he changes by tomorrow as he's supposed to make a couple calls for jobs.

Just a little more sewing or tidying up and I should be in bed by 1.00am again - tomororw the three extra children come for the week so I have a few more things to prepare before then.

All have a lovely day in your warm weather, I don't envy you - I always think the summer is way too long..... I do like the winter/spring months best.