Good thursday morning

Hi Everyone:coffee:,

I'm on my second cup of coffee and it is beginning to kick in...:D This morning I'm going to jog outside - Today is supposed to be partly cloudy, low 70's BUT no rain until this evening:D.

I have about two hours of work, then a free afternoon. I might take easy child, my "favorite sanity saver":cool_dog: and go for a long walk along the ocean. Or, I could be good and do a bit of cleaning... We'll see...

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... SFR

Marguerite

G'day for Thursday.

SFR, I'm drinking coffee myself - decaf, at this time of night. We have a big day planned for tomorrow. Go jogging while you can, use every moment of your summer because it won't last. Go enjoy your ocean for me. Are you west or east? I'm so used to east coast that a sunset over the ocean feels odd to me.

It's been cold today, we had some sunshine but the rain came in again along with the cold winds. Despite this there is a feel of spring in the air and at mother in law's the peach is beginning to blossom. My nectarine tree is showing early signs of budding, but nothing opening yet. However, it's too late for pruning, I think. I missed te boat because I was sick (and so was husband) when we would have been pruning. I might get a little done, that is all. I've also got some urgent planting to do as well as (hopefully) some grafting. I finally got some weeding done this afternoon, if I'm careful my broken rib doesn't hurt. It's definitely well ont he mend.

Tomorrow I see my neurologist (he'd better be on time) then difficult child 3 & I have two consecutive appointments at the brain clinic (including the research project into oxytocin and autism). We've got some forms to fill in first - I've almost done miine but he hasn't, I had enough trouble getting him to finish his assessment task, which he did today (saying, "That was a lot quicker than I thought it would be.")

I'm still cooking comfort food - I did a coconut cream beef & vegetable curry tonight; husband takes a serve of casserole to work and heats it up in a small oven there. The brain clinic is only a few minutes away from husband's work so we'll drop in tomorrow after the appointments. I'm thinking I might get husband to take in a bit more and heat it up for me and difficult child 3 too. We can drop in and have some lunch with him... and tomorrow will be colder.

I've got a busy weekend coming up, double-booked again both days. easy child 2/difficult child 2 needs me, plus I need to go to my writing group. I might have to do some juggling. On Sunday we've got train club plus a church congregation meeting - an important one. And there's no way we can do both. 100% overlap.

School holidays finish for us, it's back on deck for Monday for difficult child 3. Busy busy...

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Searching - I like your day today. Great to have options and the time to do them!

I am off to work early (again). I love to be able to go in early in the Summer and get done sooner. I need to start making up hours for yesterday.

This afternoon I will take difficult child bowling and then go to a garden party/fund raiser (I think to raise funds to purchase Christmas gifts for our clients who are in-house this year).

I hope the weather stays nice for tonight. It is the first big playoff games for difficult child's baseball. His team (3rd from bottom) is up against the 2nd best team so not sure we will make it past tonight. I will set up a team table with pizza and snacks.

We had a great psychiatrist appointment yesterday.

Trouble in Diva world with college plans - if she can't have the most expensive programs she doesn't want to go at all! Stubborn!

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

SFR- Glad you get to jog outside today! I definitely vote for the walk by the ocean and not the cleaning!!:)

Today is easy child's 16th birthday! We will take her to lunch and then she is maybe having a friend sleep over. She has chosen an apple pie for her birthday "cake" this year, usually it is cheesecake or trifle.

difficult child goes to sleepover camp today. If we have time husband and I will fit in a workout but mostly the day will be all about easy child.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hi Andy-You snuck in on me! I'm crossing my fingers you have good weather tonight for difficult child's game and hoping that his team wins! I understand what you mean about Diva, for easy child it isn't about colleges yet, right now it's she only wants to look for the "perfect" job! Have a great day.

Andy

Marge - You snuck in on me. Good luck with the doctor appts tomorrow. I also hope the first is on time. I have been known to walk out when a doctor is over 1/2 hour late and my life needed to go on. My time is just as important as his/hers.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Marge-You snuck in too! Your dinner sounds delicious! I'll gladly take any leftovers! I was laughing to myself yesterday that you posted about your 77 degree day, that's warmer than most of our summer days lately-it's been unusually cool here.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Good morning everyone!

I have determined that, regardless of all the stuff going on right now, I am going to have a GOOD DAY!

So far you all have made that happen. You, and three cups (so far) of coffee.

In case you all haven't been to the Watercooler (http://www.conductdisorders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27076) - husband is in jail till Saturday for the kids refusing to visit their mother - Onyxx has gone from juvenile delinquent to archangel (I'm sure it's temporary, but I'll take it!) - and I'm doing better than I ever would have expected!

Oh yeah. I was told in a dream last night to hand out halos to all the people on this board. 'Cause you all are there for me. Strange dream but consider it done!!!

:angel2:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

I'm sitting in a hotel room - my contractor put me up here because of the smells & I couldn't get to the bathroom nor my bedroom.

Sorry, I'm not typing well this morning & cannot address you all. Hope you all have a good day.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Linda,

Well - at least they're putting you up. No problem about the typing, I do understand that!

I'm glad you do have somewhere to be though. :D

mstang67chic

Going Green
Morning all. I've got something painful, light sensitive and very red going on with my eye so no addressing everyone individually. Hope everyone's day is better than yesterday. I'm off to shower and then call the doctor to have this eye checked out.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Wow Stang... Not so good! Please let us know what's up as soon as you can. Hopefully it's something very small and easily addressed!