Good Thursday Morning!!!

LittleDudesMom

:fall: Good Morning!

The weather is lovely here in central va! Cool nights, beautiful leaves, days in the 50's and 60's - Perfect! Tomorrow night we should hit freezing for the first time - which is actually a good thing because I have a yellow jacket hive under my second floor porch that is going insane right now! I need winter to handle those stinkers! I actually got stung a week and a half ago and yellow jackets don't mess around!

It's Thursday, so it's office day for me! I do need to get back home and box up something to ship before I pick up difficult child. That's all on my schedule today - hopefully I can get back to my new Kay Scarpetta novel this afternoon!

Wishing everyone a great day :autumn:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, enjoy your time out with the detective novel. Your autumn sounds lovely except for those wasps. We get paper wasps here, they build their nests out of chewed wood pulp and hang these off a wall or similar. My mother used to deal with those by using a lighted taper after sunset, when all the wasps were back in the nest. The taper would ignite the nest too fast for any wasps to survive.

We've had a busy day today, the school put on a study day for Maths, to give the kids some last-minute revision before next week's exams. These will be difficult child 3's School Certificate exams, state-based tests where every kid in Grade 10 in NSW sits the same exams at the same time. A lot of the marks are assessment-based so we're hopeful that difficult child 3 has already passed two of his subjects. The other two - he'd better work hard in the exam!

Also today difficult child 3 got his free computer from the Federal government. They are supposed to be for Grade 9 but as he is splitting Grade 10 over two years and will be donig the rest of Grade 10 next year, he gets a computer too (otherwise next year all his classmates would have a computer and he wouldn't). It's a lovely little Lenovo easy child laptop and he is very happy.

I am annoyed with myself - we were in at the school today and I forgot to hand in difficult child 3's completed worksheets. Oh well, we'll be back in there on Monday for his first exam, we can drop the papers in then.

The weather is cool and damp at the moment, after the scorching day we had on Tuesday. It's good weather for study and revision - no temptations outside.

Marg