Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Another warm day on tap here. It is already 30 degrees (and drizzling-hope it doesn't turn into freezing drizzle) and we are suppose to get to 36 degrees!! One of my students actually wore shorts yesterday!!

Found my Wii remote yesterday so I was a happy camper doing my workout last night. Also made a great chili for dinner last night using round steak and it was a ww recipe which made it even better-it was delicious!

After work today I have a therapist appointment and then will need to hang around for an hour on the west side of town to wait for easy child to be done with her scholarship program's tutoring.

Then home for dinner-husband bought stuff for us to make individual pizzas-difficult child will love it!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning:Good Thursday Morning!

Sharon, glad you found the remote! Love making homemade pizzas - we make them a lot around here - I use the pillsbury dough - they came out with a thin crust one about a year ago and it's delish. difficult child and I draw an imaginary line down the middle and he does one side and I do the other! You all have fun.

Just like in Sharon's neck of the woods, we are getting balmy here too. It's almost 30 here and we will be up to 51 today, mid 50's tomorrow and close to 60 on Saturday!!!!

An entire day at the office today. A number of accounting reports to do, file change-over, new year employee paperwork, and payroll. I enjoy busy days at work and I also like creating new files! Yea, I know, I'm strange.......but as I tell my kids, "your life would be really boring if I weren't!"

Have a great Thursday :salute:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/WO, glad you found the Wii remote. I need to get back on the Wii as well, at least with the balance games. I've got to be careful with the physio I'm currently doing.

Sharon/LDM, enjoy your busy day at work.

We make pizza too. difficult child 3 loves it. I should make more - probably will do over the weekend. We use the bread machine to make the dough, then we roll it out and load it up. I used to leave it to rise but I don't bother any more. It's rolled out so thin anyway, it rises fast enough as I bake it. I get difficult child 3 to make his how he wants it, but along the way I get him to load up the other pizzas as well, then I add the extra stuff on ours.

It was a cooler, overcast day today. I even had to put on a cardigan at times! I wandered around the increasingly fashionable little seaside suburb and checked out the various little boutiques. Glad I don't live there - the REAL shops (the ones that sell groceries) are increasingly hard to find. But I did find my special curry powder I've been searching for, for ages. The tiny little spice shop where I discovered the stuff, is back in business (tinier than ever) and they had one small packet of my stuff there. He's getting in more. Goody! I'd been having to make it up myself and finding some of those spices is tricky!

I didn't have to drive today, thank goodness, because my hips are also pinching a nerve (femoral) and even walking is tricky. Tomorrow I have to drive though, mother in law has to see the neurologist plus I need to buy groceries anyway, so I may as well drive her and do my shopping. difficult child 3 is coming too, plus I might meet up with easy child 2/difficult child 2.

I rang difficult child 1 & daughter in law tonight. daughter in law's broken foot is mending. She's unable to work, so at last she's been painting. They're coming out on Sunday (mental note - must buy chicken to roast for Sunday) so hopefully we can organise some more painting for her.

husband has one more day at work this week then he has a week off. He does this every year - our wedding anniversary, his birthday, difficult child 3's birthday, Australia Day. Lots of reasons to enjoy good time together. Plus some washers need changing...

The cool, damp weather is finishing tomorrow. It's all heating up again. Tomorrow shouldn't be too bad but by Sunday, we'll be back in heatwave conditions. Yesterday was the coolest day this year for Sydney. It certainly won't last!

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Morning all,

Sharon (with-o), chili sounds wonderful - I think I may make a pot for kt's homecoming tomorrow.

Sharon (ldm), I love office days like the one you're having today. Enjoy.

Marg, can you get the portable hand controls ~ here's a link

http://www.allegromedical.com/travel-aids-c6857/peddle-master-portable-hand-controls-p556271.html

My neuro suggested this for me for the time being.

I have a hair appointment this afternoon - off to get my hair colored & cut. Then lunch out with my niece who just returned from a trip to Spain.

Have a few calls to make this morning. Have a good day friends.

Marguerite

Thanks for the link, Linda.

The trouble with the hand controls - it wouldn't really help my hips and legs, it's simply sitting in the car that would do it. My arms and shoulders are in the same state, but I don't use them to walk so they're marginally better. As soon as I switch to using my arms more, they will cause me more trouble. I drive an automatic these days and we did our best to get something easy for me to drive as well as comfortable.

If I use hand controls, I have to take my driving test again, with the controls, to prove I can still drive properly. Then they would have to come out for husband, or he would have to take the test again too.

I have a friend who uses hand controls. People she knows have been very critical of her saying how physically handicapped she is, then say, "But she can drive a car!"
They don't realise just how much hand controls can help. Her hands are virtually useless, very weak and not even enough strength to push a button on an iPod. She hasn't walked in decades, not even with crutches. She needs help to transfer to and from her wheelchair and it needs to be electric. But with hand controls, she can drive a car. And she's writing her second book!

Marg