***Good Thursday Morning***

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by timer lady, Mar 4, 2010.

  1. timer lady

    timer lady Queen of Hearts

    Good morning friends!

    After a busy Mon, Tues, & Wed I have 2 free days to finish all I've been trying to accomplish here at home before the weekend. I feel a sense of freedom not having to run here & there.

    I've spent the night working on charcoal & pastel drawings (couldn't sleep) - just experimenting with this new medium. I have at least an hour of piano practice today as I have lessons tomorrow.

    Lots of continuing drama at school regarding kt - I hate SWs who think they're MDs.

    Have a wonderful day ~ hope the sun is shining in your neck of the woods.
  2. Marguerite

    Marguerite Active Member

    G'day for Thursday.

    Linda, sorry kt's school SW is being such a know-it-all. Your artwork session sounds very productive. Enjoy your free days, do program in some rest breaks.

    I had a fairly quiet day today until I left on the boat at 3 pm to go see the neurologist. easy child 2/difficult child 2 met me at the jetty on the mainland and drove me to her place. husband turned up there about half an hour later and catnapped for the next half hour os so, before we left to walk to the doctor's rooms. her rooms are over the road from the mall, so we went to the mall afterwards to buy a few items.

    The news from the surgeon was good. I posted in Watercooler, but basically it's looking fairly certain that the doctor got all the tumour, although she had to go back in for a second chunk when she realised it was a bit bigger than we had thought. But it looks like that second chunk she took out (extra margin of safety) was clear. They are doing more pathology on it to make sure, I'll know in another two weeks. But the first look says it's all clear.

    The tumour is hormone-receptive, so I'll need to take pills, on t op of the radiotherapy. But it's all to make sure.

    On the way home we dropped in to mother in law (took her shopping to her) and showed her the scars. They'll fade well, they're very thin lines. And I don't wear tops that low-cut, as a rule.

    I'm driving myself out in the morning to see the neurologist. Wish I could have seen him today, the surgeon is literally in the next office. I have an hour's round trip to go back in the morning.
    We got the bill for the surgery today, too. It's $1500, our compulsory national health insurance will cover some of it.

    I'm definitely feeling a lot better since beginning to take antibiotics. We made a good call.

    But I'm still tiring faster than usual, so I'm heading to bed for another early night.

    Enjoy your Thursday.

  3. Wiped Out

    Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

    Good Morning!

    Linda-Two free days sounds wonderful! Your charcoal and pastel drawings I'm sure will be beautiful-please share when you're done! Sorry the school is being such a pita!

    Marg-Glad to hear everything looks clear!!! Have a good night's rest!

    Wishing I had the day to sleep as I am extremely tired this morning but it's not going to happen. Today's agenda includes work, an appointment with the sports medicine dr, and a dinner with my teammates (I made the 40 enchiladas last night so they only need to be reheated tonight).

    I'm enjoying the longer daylight and am really looking forward to when we spring ahead in time about 1 1/2 weeks from now!

    Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: