Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Feeling very tired this morning even though I was asleep before 9:00 last night:bloodshot: I woke up a couple of times during the night. I really wish I drank coffee on mornings like this-could use the caffeine. .

Yesterday I had a great first day of school with the kiddos:teacher: So far it seems like a great group!

Crossing my fingers difficult child has a good first day of school! He starts one day later because he is in 8th grade and only 6th graders went to middle school yesterday.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

Good Thursday Morning!

Sharon, I'm with you on the being tired :bloodshot:!! Glad you had a good first student day - I know I knew but I can't believe your difficult child is going into 8th grade! Man, we've been around here long enough to see our children go through elementary school, middle school and now mine is going to high and yours is in his final year of middle - time goes by so quickly! Fingers crossed that difficult child has a good first day!

Another busy day here for me....I'll be leaving for the office in about an hour and the work until 1:45 when I will take my cousin back to the doctor (fourth day this week), while she is there I will run and do her and my grocery shopping, run to both our houses and put things away, then run back to the doctor's office and pick her up, take her home and get her settled. She has one more day of leg/vein surgery to go after today!

I will be hard pressed to get all my work done at the office. This huge project we are working on takes a lot of work. Part of the project is tax credit eligible and part is not - I have to keep totally accurate records since the tax credit stuff will actually be audited separately by independent accountants. There is just more billings to handle and more employees and a lot more subs right now and I have to make sure bonehead knows the status of every "type" of work on the project. For example - total hours and $ the plumbers have put in for (and then same for other categories) so we can monitor their progress against their billing. So if the plumbers have billed and been paid for 75% of their initial quote, but only 1/2 the plumbing work is complete.........I think I will have to add a third day beginning next week....

Anyway, I hope your Thursday is a good one! Don't work too hard :salute:

Sharon

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning!

Sharon (WO), I hope you're able to get a nap in at some point to catch up on your sleep - and that difficult child has a great first day!
Sharon (LDM), I totally get what you mean about those big projects at work and multitasking like that. I've been on my own for about a month now, with my assistant being out on leave, and it hasn't been easy. I think next week will be the true test of my ability to multitask and meet deadlines! Good luck to you~And you're a saint for being so helpful and kind with your cousin.

Today is technically my last day of work this week as I have tomorrow off as my last *Free Friday* of the summer. I didn't actually get all of mine (every other week) because it's been so crazy in the office, but I am determined to take tomorrow because after Labor Day, it's all over! Haha.

Today is my second day of Chantix. I have tried not to read all the tragic warnings on line about how it makes people psychotic and have asked two people to keep an eye on my and let me know if I begin behaving oddly. That sounds strange.

difficult child will be offered her job as permanent rather than temp today - I'm so happy and excited as she really seems to enjoy this one! Fingers crossed.

My 2nd class last night was very enjoyable for the first night, considering the poor professor did all the talking. Another late class, but I think it will be okay long term. The content is very interesting - it's a psychiatric class on lifetime development from birth to death.

Still sticky and humid here so the AC's are on for the dogs today again~

Have a great day everyone and hello to anyone who snuck in behind me~

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- Get some rest! Fingers crossed for difficult child...

Sharon- Your project sounds (potentially) like an administrative nightmare! But I know you can do it... you're very gifted.

H&R- I hope you enjoy your extra long weekend! Maybe you can rest up for next week?

Duckie is absolutely thrilled to be heading over to the school this morning to meet her teacher... she can barely contain herself! She's still having breathing troubles; she needed her inhaler twice yesterday and we used the nebulizer again last night. I'm ready for cooler temps and a soaking rain...

Have a great day! :salute:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all. I keep thinking it is Friday. Looking forward to a three day weekend.
with-O too bad about no caffeine. Even husband and difficult child are starting to drink coffee in the morning to get themselves going on bad days.
Enjoy your new class and hope difficult child really enjoys his new school year.

LDM, you have my sympathies. I hate all the paperwork that comes across my desk. I am forever trying to dig out from under it. Hope your cousin is feeling ok.

H&R Yay!!! about difficult child being offered a permanent position.
Enjoy your day off and your new classes. I, personally, love Growth and Development. It is such a great tool when raising children.

I am going to run errands. We don't expect any rain from Earl but I am going to have fresh batteries for flashlights, extra dog food etc on hand. They won't go to waste.

difficult child is starting to get excited about his new adventure next week. Now to try to get everything packed up and ready in high 90 degree heat will be a chore.
Have a good day everyone.

Marguerite

G'day people.

Sharon/LDM, I hope your first impression of your class is borne out this year.

Sharon/LDM, good for you, helping your cousin. No wonder you're tired! I hope you can get your tasks done at work too, with all the rush.

Jo, fingers crossed for difficult child and her job. I hope things go OK for you on this new medication.

TM, I hope Duckie's asthma settles down soon. It's been a problem for a while now.

Fran, stay safe in the hurricane.

Oh, what a day! Stayed at home, but very busy. All the lovely spring weather we were enjoying has turned back into winter, just as spring is officially starting. Tonight was col and windy, with a thin, light drizzle that seeps into everything. Still warm, technically, but the wind-chill is unpleasant.

The day began early, I was still in bed in pyjamas when the phone rang at 8 am. I had my notes ready on the bed beside me, my laptop open and linked to the 'Net. I'm involved in a couple of staffing panels at the school. The first phone call was from a teacher letting me know the conference call was late, and do I mind being on a third panel? They especially want a parent with some SpEd understanding, so how could I refuse?
Then the conference call - all to organise the ad for a staff position. There are rules we have to follow, I was glad we were able to handle it by phone. But all through the call I had to call out to difficult child 3 to get started on his work. Getting him started in the morning is always a huge problem. Once he starts, he goes fairly well. I finally got him started on History, just as our phone conference was finishing. There were a few follow-up calls plus emails back and forth. In between those calls I had a late breakfast and a much-needed coffee.

Then it was all done. Almost midday. difficult child 3 was now firmly working on History, just as I'd wanted him to be finished and ready for his exams. So he had to finish - I cooked him some lunch and went for a shower.
I got out of the shower, History lesson online was finished and difficult child 3 was eating his lunch. Once he'd eaten, it was time to start his first exam. Two pm, and I'd wanted him to start at 11 am.

He finally finished his second exam at 4.30 pm. i was tired! During the second exam, I peeled vegetables for dinner, although difficult child 3 began to complain that my bustling was a distraction. I have to watch that - he is so distractible, it is a real problem.

difficult child 3 dashed out the door to visit his friend. He's got chores to do but I let him off doing them right then. He has to do them before bedtime, though. And it's already late - I need to go nag.

I barely had time to rest before walking down to mother in law's with the prepared vegetables and the meat we were roasting for dinner. Got it on cooking, sat with mother in law while I knitted and acted as if I had plenty of time to relax and take it easy.
Had dinner. Watched more TV with mother in law. Headed home. Now I'm talking to you guys and planning my day tomorrow - difficult child 3 seeing the therapist. It means a trip into the city, difficult child 3 never gets much work done on such days. We're taking mother in law to the mall.

We're coming up to the last quarter of the school year. difficult child 3 does his final exams for tis part of schooling. Senior high school follows next year, if he passes. It's going to take a lot more work, and some luck.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg