Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good morning friends!

The fall weather continues to be wonderful and we've had little rain (which I love because I haven't had to mow-and the other day when I tried the lawn mower wouldn't start).

Work today and then maybe the club. With difficult child's suspension it may be difficult to squeeze in the club as he will already have been home alone for the day.

Italian sausage will be simmering all day in sauce in the crock pot and we will have spaghetti for dinner!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:autumn:

Marguerite

G'day for Thursday.

Sharon, your mention of rain has just reminded me to double-check that difficult child 3 turned off the rainwater tank's soaker hose for my vegetable bed. I started it off at 6 pm and we rang him from mother in law's to ask him to turn it off. It's now 10.30 pm. We haven't had a lot of rain for the last could of days and I noted this evening when planting a couple of strawberry plants, that the garden bed is a bit dry. I have to get some mulch for it.

I had a busy day today slaving over a hot computer. I spent from late morning to the end of school hours, at a client's place doing a final edit on about half her book. She then gave me the computer file for the other half - I have until Saturday morning to do my edit on that. I'll take it with me tomorrow.

And what of tomorrow? easy child 2/difficult child 2 is having her colposcopy under general anaesthetic, I have to drive her to and from the hospital. Hopefully I will be able to concentrate on my work while she is in surgery. But I'd rather not count on it. I don't have to leave to get her until about 11 am, so I might get work done in the morning.

It is lovely weather at the moment. Getting warmer at night, too. Today at my client's place, I could see the ocean changing colour through the day. She lives in a cottage by the beach and the room we were in was the back veranda, closed in with glass. Nothing too flash, just a cosy, plain little cottage, slowly decaying into the sand dunes...

Well, I'd better got some last bit of work done before bedtime. Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning Thursday (rushing for a TGIF already!)...

Sharon, we also could use some rain, thought we were getting some today, but it's only a dull foggy day. Wish I could have stayed home with the dogs!

Marg, a little plain cottage by the ocean sounds lovely to me - I envision you behind the glass and the ocean calling to you, sounds very lovely. Good luck to your easy child 2/difficult child, hope all goes well.

I left class early last night because I was so tired, but I still didn't get to bed until nearly midnight and then woke up with H at 5:30 - the prednisone is wreaking havoc on my circadium rythms and I'm not liking it one bit. But I am able to breathe easier, so I guess I will take it. Well, at the office for the day - better get to it. I have more copying of files for my mom's application to wade through. I hope I have everything in order.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon (WO), We're having pasta tonight too. However, your dinner sounds so much better with the addition of those Italian sausages. What time should we plan on arriving, lol...? I'll bring the salad, some garlic bread... I've got to stop - It's not even 9 a.m. and I'm ready for dinner, lol...

Marg, The view from your client's cottage must be so beautiful... I just love the ocean!!! Keeping your daughter in my thoughts... Hugs...

Yesterday we had a meeting with the school regarding difficult child 2's ADL's. The SPED director made it clear that NO services will be given to him once he graduates in the spring. In other words, the school has already determined that he has met all of his goals. :mad:

Although he is only given four hours of ADL's weekly, the one good thing is that his current "life coach" is wonderful! (How long she'll be able to continue working with difficult child 2 is questionable. The organization the school hired seems to have a revolving door policy.) The school doesn't want to be involved in his transition plan. We were told we can use the remaining hours of transitional services any way we want to. We can use them weekly, stockpile some of them, etc... However, by graduation day, no more services will be allowed.

I can't believe I'm saying this but we're through fighting our SD. difficult child 2 is getting additional help through other avenues now that he has SSI. Battling the SD at this point is just a waste of time and money.

I'm going to have one more cup of coffee and then take my "favorite sanity saver" for a walk. It's a bright, sunny morning and both of us could use some fresh air.

Hope everyone has a good day... SFR