Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Why is it I always forget how much the first week back to work can kick my butt? I am so ready for the weekend to get in a couple of naps!! I love my job, just really tired! Last night I fell asleep at the computer while playing a game and it was before 7:30! I ended up waking up and staying up til 9 but I almost went to bed much earlier.

One more day of semi warm weather before the cold returns! They are forecasting a high of 20 but by tomorrow the wind chills will be 0-20 below and the rest of the 7 day forecast isn't looking much warmer.:frozen:

After work today husband is having our niece color his hair so I need to go with him since we are car pooling; when we finally get home we are all just having soup for supper! Easiest thing to just open the pan and heat and it sounds absolutely delicious to me!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:hugs:

Marguerite

G'day for Thursday.

Sharon/WO, a few early nights sound like a good idea for you, until your body adapts back to work.

We went to the doctor today, myself and mother in law. She had routine fasting blood tests needed, and I needed to see the doctor about my sinus infection. As I expected, the doctor prescribed antibiotics. There is only one left that I can take, and I still need to take anti-emetics as well, plus take it all with food. So I wasn't able to start the antibiotics until after lunch. However, I feel a little better already and hopefully by morning I will be better still.

After the doctor, I took mother in law out to the mall. I'd booked a mobility scooter for her, she was a bit surprised and trying to say she wouldn't need it, but she used it and I think was glad of it. She is very independent and hates infirmity.

I got an email this evening - a friend is about to leave for another of her treks around the world's hidden places, we're meeting for coffee to see her off. If I'm well enough, I would like to go. I have a few other people I need to see, however, and other things to do.

The weather will be warmer tomorrow too, and sunnier. I doubt I'll get time to go to the beach, however. But if I continue to get better on the antibiotics, I can make up for lost time next week.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon (WO), I hope you're able to catch up on some much needed zzz's this weekend!!! I think soup for dinner is perfect - Quick, easy, healthy, and WARM. With expected wind chills of 0 - 20 below, I think I would need to boil myself in that pot of soup, lol... THINK tropical thoughts... Sandy beaches, palm trees, lots of sunshine, etc... STAY WARM!!!

Marg, Glad you're feeling a bit better after receiving the antibiotic. Hope you're able to have coffee with your friend before she leaves - Where is she headed? Sounds so exciting!!! Hope you'll be able to get lots of beach time in next week...

This morning easy child/difficult child 3 actually made it downstairs and took the dog out - It's amazing what she can do when she wants something in return, lol... She is starting driving lessons next week and knows that once she has her license, she'll have "to do to get" (stealing Fran's line, lol...) if she wants to borrow the car.

I managed to spill almost an entire cup of coffee on the countertop as soon as everyone left for the day. It dripped down into the draw underneath (wasn't shut all the way), all the way down the cabinet and all over the floor. Just one cup can make such a huge mess!!! Not a fun way to start my day but if this is as bad as it gets, I'll consider myself lucky, lol...

Speaking of caffeine, I'm going to get some more. Hopefully, I don't need one of those toddler "sippy" cups....

Have a great day! SFR