Good Thursday Morning

Good Morning Everyone:bloodshot::mornincoffee:,

Another, rainy day ahead... Can't wait to see the sun again! We're so tired of all the rain that last night we grilled chicken outside.:bbq: I made sweet potato fries, a big salad and cut up some watermelon. We were lucky. The rain let up a bit and was just drizzling when husband was outside grilling.

Lots happening. As hard as it is to believe, difficult child 2 is graduating from high school in a few weeks. He is really excited! difficult child 1 graduated from our local community college but moved out of state before the ceremony. I'm so disappointed - really wanted to see him graduate and have him at his brother's graduation too. He made some decisions that husband and I aren't happy about. I keep repeating DETACHMENT to myself over and over again, etc... Too bad it isn't working... easy child/difficult child 3 is fast becoming just difficult child 3. She is going to be a senior in high school!

I've got to get another cup of coffee - Can't seem to wake up again this morning.

Hope everyone has a good day and some sunshine too!:sunny: SFR

Marguerite

G'day from sunny, smoky but cool Sydney.

SRF, sorry you have so much rain. We've had sunny days lately, very pleasant in the middle of the day but with the clear skies our nights are chilly. Hang in the with the detachment - teen girls especially can be very difficult.

I have had a busy day, but quiet physically. I stayed put most of the day, fielding phone calls, writing and working on a friend's book. I've had late nights for the last few days and I'm feeling it. Tonight is my night off from mother in law's, I have choir practice. Just got home, in fact. it finishes well before we usually get home from mother in law's, so I will be in bed by the time husband gets home. I might even get some sleep tonight!

Tomorrow difficult child 3 has an appointment at school. After that he sees his therapist. easy child 2/difficult child 2 also sees her therapist (next building) and wants me there with her, so I'll have to head over there fairly quickly. I will meet her there, she will drive herself there instead of coming with me as she usually does. After all the work I've done today, I might leave my laptop at home tomorrow and take my knitting instead. Or maybe just take notes, or write long-hand for a change. Or borrow difficult child 3's school laptop (it's tiny). I can at least write a little text and transfer it back to my file when we get home. Hmm, not a bad idea...

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

TerryJ2

Sorry about your rain, SFR. I hope it clears up for you soon.

Marg, as always you are so busy! I hope your friend's book is interesting. Sounds fun!

I've made breakfast, gotten difficult child off to school, done the dishes, read the news, made appts, checked my online banking ... and am thinking about going back to bed. Stayed up too late last night ...

Have a great day, everyone.

LittleDudesMom

Good Thursday Morning!!!!!

SFR - I'm wishing you sun, if not in the sky then in your step! Great news about difficult child 2 - it's always great when our difficult children are excited and tuned it!

Marg - glad the day was not physical and that you are getting in bed a little early - I love those days!

Terry - gee, wish I was with you on that bed thing! I've been at the office for an hour and a half already!

Got up a little earlier than usual this morning and rubbed an almost 9 pound pork bu**! Sounds kinda dirty doesn't it? I'm having a dinner party Friday night and it's a night of southern food - the main is both nc and va style bbq along with that will be rolls for those wanting a sandwich, jalapeno corn bread, green beans, coleslaw, and bourbon baked beans - ok, that's enough about food.....I'm getting hungry. Since I cook the pork on 225 degrees, it should take about 10 (maybe a little more). Wanted to get that baby in the oven before work this morning. I know when difficult child and I return this afternoon the house will smell devine! I'll pull it tonight before bed.....

Wishing everyone a good day.

Sharon

T

TeDo

Just want to wish everyone a good day. We begin our summer vacation today. Got to sleep in and won't have to rush any kids (and myself) out the door. Life is good . . . . . for now at least (difficult child is still sleeping. LOL)