Good thursday morning...

Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day:sunny::smiles:! I finally was able to get out for a jog. Hoping to find the time again today but it looks like it's going to be a busy one. Work, cleaning, grocery store, etc., etc., etc.

The realtor called yesterday and we have a showing scheduled for tomorrow. I cleaned the house Monday but it's absolutely mind boggling how dirty it can get in three days with one large, shaggy, mop-like dog, kids, and even husband. Have to rewash all the floors, etc., Can't wait for our house to sell!!! This constant cleaning thing is beginning to wear me down and our property hasn't been on the market very long. Wish I could make everyone camp outside until someone buys our house, lol...

Got to go get a load out of the dryer and refill my coffee cup. Hope everyone has a good day! SFR

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

SFR: I hope the showing goes well and you get an offer quickly.

As for me... it's raining. Again. Bah!

:salute:

Marguerite

G'day, people. Rain, hail or shine...

It's been sunny here but really cold. Winter is definitely here. Yesterday's gales subsided but wind chill is still high.

Having problems with difficult child 3 - just not able to get his work done, he's about to get the school year cancelled on him, he's made very little progress and the half yearly report is in - woeful. So today I was on the phone trying to get him started on a job somehow. I'm trying to find a mentorship or a place in a transition to work program. The alternative is a job in supported employment - used to be known as sheltered workshop. Basically, sweatshop piecework. I don't care if he gets a job stacking shelves in a supermarket, he needs to get a job, I think, to learn how to work.

Also today I was down at MILs helping organise the modification to her bathroom - safety issues. I'm feeling rather burnt out right now. The difficult child 3 stuff mainly.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

Estherfromjerusalem

Well, I've got my weekend shopping done much earlier than usual, because I want to watch TV this evening. Every two years here in Israel we have an international piano competition, named after Artur Rubinstein. The level is so high and it is a very prestigious competition. Last night I watched 3 of the finalists doing a piano concerto with the symphony orchestra, and tonight the other 3 finalists are going to do their concertos, and then the decision will be made, so I have made sure that I will be free to watch this evening. It is very rare that I allow myself to spend a whole evening watching TV, I just don't usually have the time. But this is very special.

By the way, the weather here in Israel is warming up, and although all the seasons are later than usual this year, the hot summer days are beginning to make themselves felt. I'm lucky -- Jerusalem has comparatively moderate weather most of the time. At least the evenings here are almost always cool because of the mountain air.

Marg, I'm not surprised you're feeling a bit "burned out." You have been and are putting so much effort into difficult child 3's schooling. These difficult children! However hard we try, they always manage to surprise us, and that is not positive surprise. I'm speaking from experience, and it is very disappointing. But "tomorrow is another day" and all that, and you are such a wonderfully active and optimistic person. I am amazed all the time at your energy and how much you get done -- just reading your posts leaves me breathless most times!

Have a great day everyone.

Love, Esther

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning my friends.
SFR, I hear you about having a house on the market and making the house look like a model and no one lives in it. It's ridiculous. It takes me 2 hrs or more to get ready for a showing despite having help. I'm sick of having the house on the market too. Ugh! It's always something.

TM, stay dry.

Marguerite, sorry to hear difficult child 3 is in a bit of a slump. They do seem to go up and down with motivation in regards to work. My difficult child can be highly motivated for a while and then loses steam. I suspect work will be like that for him.

Esther, hope you enjoy the piano competition and your favorite wins. It's beautiful to watch talent that I will never have and be inspired by the drive these folks have to win. Talk about driven. It's sort of the opposite of a difficult child. No goal, no plan and no clue.

I'm staying with my mom for now. Can't believe how humid it is.
Have a good day everyone.