Good Thursday Morning!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

The chill is settling in but at least in a moderate way so it's not too cold all at once! I broke down and turned on the heat yesterday; I was trying to hold out until November.

Work should be interesting because yesterday (before work) I threw out my back. It hurt but was manageable. I was hopeful it would be fine by this morning but it's actually worse.

Tonight I need to come up with a list of ingredients for all the baking I have to do tomorrow. I need to make apple bars and pumpkin bars. Along with that I need to make a pretzel dip and sloppy joes. husband's 50th party is Saturday night so I need to get this done, sore back or not!

Wishing all a peaceful day!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning Sharon and all who follow,

Sharon, I hope your back is well enough to withstand all that time standing in the kitchen! I hate when my back goes out - everything comes to a screeching halt and throws off my game!

We have a big meeting in the office today so I am in a bit earlier - had to pick up all the bagels and pastries, yum. I stole a orange cranberry muffin!

I'm going to try and get some HW done at work today - I have a fairly light level of work on my desk so it should be doable. I have to create a powerpoint presentation and write a short paper. I finally chose my topic: "What to do with Mom?" and I will detail all the changes that occur when a parent dies, how to support the grieving spouse and help them make necessary changes to prepare for the next step in their life (which could mean nursing care, assisted living, etc). We are supposed to do a topic that we have experience with and since this has been the topic du jour for several months in my life lately, I figured it would be a good one for me. Maybe it will help me sort out my emotions. Ugh. Sometimes using stressful sistuations in this manner helps me to work out my own issues, so I'm hopeful!

Anyway, have a great day! Greys is on tonight and when I get home from class, I'm looking forward to plopping down on the couch with a glass of cabernet and chilling with my favorite tv characters. Yay!

KTMom91

Good morning!

Sharon, hope your back feels better soon and you get all your errands for the party finished.

Jo, the muffin sounds great! Hope the meeting isn't too boring!

I'm in first grade today, and a bit worried. It's my first day back after being sick for two weeks, and I'm still coughing...not as bad as I was, but still...it's hard to teach when your voice is gone.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!