Good Thursday Morning!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All!:)

difficult child is so excited about this morning that I'm surprised he isn't awake yet! One of the SEA's I work with has a son in his 20s that difficult child has "hung out" (translated babysitting) with in the past. difficult child loves this guy. He told husband and me last night that he loves "L" and that "L" is his role model. Today difficult child has no school so this young man is going to spend the day with difficult child. difficult child should be in a good and tired mood when he gets home today!!

At work today we will have a ton of treats as we are having a surprise going away party for my student teacher. I need to work at avoiding all of those treats!! After work no appts so I'm coming straight home!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon (WO), So happy for your difficult child! Keeping all body parts crossed he is in an excellent mood and exhausted... Glad you have an evening free of appointments - Hope it's a peaceful one...

easy child/difficult child 3 had a good first day at the new school. She said the kids were much more friendly then she expected. She sat on the bus both ways and ate lunch with a student from our apartment complex. She is just a year behind easy child/difficult child 3 and I'm hoping they become friends. It would be nice if she had someone to hang out with who also lives so close to us. She also likes her classes and all of her teachers with the exception of one. Hoping things continue to go well...

I'm going to get another cup of coffee. Hope everyone has a good day... SFR

Marguerite

G'day. After midnight here, Australia Day (and difficult child 3's birthday) have just been. He is now officially a man. Scary thought.

It was wet here, the eastern seaboard of Australia is in flood. Not too bad in Sydney although a lot of celebrations today were washed out. Our local beach was not as crowded as expected but there was still a strong police presence (unusual - extra shifts put on for the occasion) and the beach, usually almost deserted, was packed to moderate density. Surprising, given the rain.

As I headed home from the beach, it began to rain heavily. But it is still hot here. The rain rapidly turned to steam on the hot road and I watched the resultant mist cascade down the hill to the beach.

The mosquitoes are out in force. And tonight the frogs are numerous and right outside our window in our small pond. There are so many of them going "bonk!" that it sounds like coffee percolating...

Humidity is so high that a lot of the 'rain' is just condensation materialising in the air.

We pick up our new car in the morning, plus I have to organise a lot of stuff over the phone. Nothing was open today, of course, because of the public holiday.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

Marge,

A belated HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!! Also a belated HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY to difficult child 3!!:hapBday:

Got to go. My "favorite sanity saver" wants to go out and probably has all four paws crossed by now, lol... SFR

cubsgirl

Hello everyone.

I worked for four hours this morning, then came home and cleaned so I'm tired and will probably take a nap. I just thought I'd say Hello to everyone - I haven't posted on the morning thread in a while.