Good Thursday Morning!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All!

I hadn't seen a good morning thread in a long time and thought I would try one today! We have two professional development days today and tomorrow so I'm not in as a big of rush to get to school, however, I do get to go out for lunch today with some good work friends!

Our weather was amazing yesterday-high 70s-very unusual October weather but today the bottom starts to drop out! Tomorrow's high is only in the mid 40s! It will be time to turn the furnace back on and close the windows.

Wishing all a day filled with many reasons to smile and laugh!

Good Morning Everyone,

WO, It's nice to see you this morning! I miss the morning thread. Our weather was beautiful yesterday too. Today is supposed to be another nice one but by Saturday, it's supposed to be cold and rainy. However, Saturday is the day husband and I are leaving for our vacation. I guess, for once, our timing is good. Maybe I shouldn't have said that so soon, lol... You never know what lies around the corner... Enjoy lunch out!!

The washing machine just stopped, got to put the clothes in the dryer, have my last cup of caffeine for the morning, and finish packing. It's been a busy year, and it'll be nice to get away, just husband and I, the first tropical vacation we're taking alone in over 21 years! I just wish I didn't have this sinus infection but even so, I just can't wait to board that plane...!

Hope everyone has a good day and at least one reason to smile... SFR

SuZir

Good afternoon around here already.

We too have a perfect weather. It has been very rainy fall and we have seen the sun first time in ages this week. Today has been especially beautiful, 30 degrees (F) and totally sunny. And we are expecting the first snow tomorrow or at Saturday. So it seems promising that this rather wet and depressing fall will end some day and we will get our winter (hopefully good one) after all also this year (last year we almost missed it, it was awful till Christmas, warm and no snow and not that great even after that.)

I'm done with work for today and I'm waiting a good night with dinner date with close friend I haven't met in some time. She is back home from a year in China and it will be so good to see her again.

T

TeDo

Upper 70's here for the last 3-4 days but woke up to SNOW this morning and howling wind to go with it. I am sooooo not ready for this yet. I kinow it's not going to amount to much AND it will go away but just seeing it gave me a chill that goes right through the bones.

Nothing much going on today. The boys have normal schoolwork and I am off work today and tomorrow. We have what we call city-wide clean-up on Monday morning. This is where all residents can put all their leaves and garden waste into the streets and city crews use their machinery to pick it all up and haul it to the city composte pile. Because if the weather (which is terrible on days I DON'T work) and my work schedule, I haven't even started yet. And now the snow. I have today and tomorrow to get it done because I work the 10 am - 5 pm shift this week-end and our sunsets are around 6:15-6:30.

Have a wonderful day WO. I always liked staff development days.

I wish everyone a low-stress, relaxing, fun-filled day.

Estherfromjerusalem

How refreshing to see a Good Morning thread. I wish everyone a great day! I don't know what time it is now in the USA. Here it is 4:40 in the afternoon. We feel autumn in the air, although the weather is still quite warm. Hopefully there will be some rain in the next couple of days -- this country certainly needs it! difficult child is still in Australia, we speak about once a week, and he actually is beginning to say that he misses us -- but that he is NOT planning to return!! I did NOT cry when he said that!!!

Love, Esther

HopeRemains

Good morning, ladies. Today I think I'll get off of my depressed rear end and surge forward with something constructive. It is gloomy, rainy day here, but I love that. Sometimes those are my most productive days! I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Good morning! We've just begun our autumn here in Northern Ca. Last week it was in the 90's during the day, cooler at night, then a big rain fall on Sunday night and now it looks, smells and feels like Fall. The change of season brings a change in menu, soups, stews, one pot dishes which I love. Good bye to barbecue chicken, hello to split pea soup! At this stage of life, it's a good day if I'm above ground, so from that perspective, it's already a great day! I hope everyone has a wonderful day with a few belly laughs thrown in!

Marguerite

G'day, people. I know it's late, blame it on time zones. It's Friday morning here, and by now mother in law's bathroom should be in pieces. Getting her to this stage has been a challenge. I'm not sure how sis-in-law will take this. She should be supportive, but has her own issues. mother in law needs to have a more open shower area so she can wash in more safety.

Weather here has been changeable - sometimes cold and wintry, but more often like summer already. Yesterday was a hot day. We had total fire bans for all of Sydney, due to the hot dry conditions. The air was smoky, you could see the yellow cast to the sunlight. Then the sun goes down and everything cools off.

My books arrived from the printer! They were delivered to husband's work, I'll drive him to work on Monday and collect them. Now it's time to pound the pavement and sell books...

Enjoy your Thursday - what's left of it.