Good Thursday Morning

pigless in VA

More SOL testing at our school today. I would prefer to know the details, but I won't know what's up until I walk in the door.

It's another cool, rainy day here. Bingo has opted to return to the bed instead of patrolling the back yard for squirrels and moles.

pasa, I am so sorry that you had more large hail.

ktmom, I hope your hubby gets to the dentist today.

HMBgal, I don't see anything wrong with telling kids that their actions are inappropriate or unsafe. I'm glad not to have the constraint the school has imposed upon you. Yesterday, Jack ran away from me at the tennis courts. They are situated in a copse which is not visible from the school. I explained to him that we could go there and hang out with the tennis playing class, but only if he followed instructions. He ran away, so I will not be taking him back there again.

Have a peaceful Thursday.

pasajes4

I was spared any horrible damage. My neighborhood was spared except the last two streets. We must have been on the edge of the storm. My vegetation took a beating, but that is easily remedied.

Today the Maytag man will not be bored because he will be fixing my 3 month old dryer.

ksm

Yesterday was a productive day, planted six tomato plants in the raised bed in back yard, did some weeding in front flower bed, planted 3 pots with perennials for the front porch.

Youngest has two finals today, and one tomorrow, oldest graduates this Sunday. She has mastered d Irving a stick shift, after quite a few tears and saying she could never learn it.

Trying to get the house clean and ready for graduation. Their 19yo brother plans to make the 3.5 hour drive, then spend the night. He is allergic to cats p, not severely, but his eyes water... So I have been trying to dust, and mop all the hardwood floors and today vac the upholstered furniture. Then Sunday morning, will damp mop again.

Trying to help oldest Difficult Child pack up and clean out her room, as she plans to move in with my son, her dad. I think he will be in for a shock when he has to deal with her and her stuff. It is like a fungus that quickly takes over all available space. Lol! Yesterday she took a new bottle of salsa, opened it, used some (by dipping chips in the jar, not putting some in a bowl) then put it back in the cabinet! She knows opened jars goes in the fridge.., she just forgot...I have thrown so much food away because of her forgetfulness...

Have a great day, everyone!! KSM

KTMom91

Good morning!

I'm working this morning - first grade - then taking Hubby in at 2 for whatever they need to do.

After that, Day 6 of Buddhism and putting away clean laundry.

Have a wonderful day!

AppleCori

Good Morning!

Daughter and I are making chicken chimichangas and flautas this morning to bring to our last Spanish class later today. We will make some churros right before we leave.

Hope to get on the treadmill later this morning. If not, we will be walking tonight.

Have a great day!

Apple

PonyGirl65

Good morning! I'm getting ready to go through orientation with two new hires.....who are supposed to meet with my boss directly after....who has just informed me....The State is at one of our homes for Surprise! Survey. Happy Happy Happy..........

Peace Out!

Lil

Morning all. It's a BEAUTIFUL:sunny: sunny day in Mid-Mo. Makes me really wish I was anywhere else.

Yesterday she took a new bottle of salsa, opened it, used some (by dipping chips in the jar, not putting some in a bowl) then put it back in the cabinet!

Yeesh...I once found a half jar of Alfredo Sauce. :(

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
It's my FRIDAY!! I'm going to have a nice 4 day weekend.

FridayDance.gif

HMBgal

Man oh man, reading about your day's plans have me feeling tiredo_O

Pretty normal day for me. Taught a Spinning class last night, so my legs feel like tree trunks. I have a Zumba Toning class to teach tonight, so I better get over it because that class has a couple million squats in it. But, when it's done with great music and other fellow sufferers in the class, it's kind of fun. Here's some pretty roses for you ladies from my garden that my husband picked for me and put in a pretty antique camellia bowl that his wonderful sister gave us. I wish we had smell-o-vision because they smell aaahhhmaaaazing!
Roses from Andrea's garden.jpg

Last edited:

HMBgal

Bahahaha! No, we're sitting in a room with bikes that go nowhere. But, I follow the AMGEN Tour of California bike race that runs every year. It's a stage race (like Tour De France) and it's running this week. They ride to these amazing places in California every day, so I pick a day, get the profile for the race, put together a slide show of videos from the races, slides, great music, and off we go. It's really fun. We "rode" from Lodi to South Lake Tahoe, 131 miles and all uphill. The professional racers do it in 5-6 hours, but my intrepid group did it in 55 minutes. We rock, right?

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Good morning!

Our heat wave has left, it was in the 90's for 2 days. Back to the usual Northern CA. days for this time of year.....high 70's, dry, no humidity.

Going to go to Home Depot today to get more flowers to plant in my patio garden, maybe some ceramic pots to replant some house plants. I have A LOT of house plants!

I think I'm getting used to retirement now......I'm not racing around the house looking for jobs to do anymore.....my husband has been retired for many years and he can relax much better than I have been able to do! I can stay put in one place now, so that's an improvement!

We can go on a hike later, now that it's not so hot out.

He'll go to the gym this morning and I'll work out to my DVD 'Turbo Jam' which I've been doing on and off for years, it's a combination of cardio, yoga, dance, strength training with weights and ab work. Thankfully, it's now just part of my day and I enjoy it.

Pasa, so glad you didn't sustain anymore damage!

Ksm, are you feeling good about your difficult child moving in with her Dad?

HMBgal, the roses are gorgeous!

Have a really good day everyone!

PonyGirl65

Check that, only one new hire showed up. The other "got a different job" so the adventure/struggle continues to reach full staffing status.

Ugh.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Happy almost Friday!

Going out for pizza and a few drinks tonight with hubby. Need a de-stress night.

Going to a Boston and Jefferson Starship concert tomorrow night with some high school girlfriends. A friend won the tickets - so free. Should be an interesting evening!

Taking our two older boys and their girlfriends to brunch on Sunday at a place in the city. First time we have all gotten together since oldest moved out in February.

Looking forward to a nice weekend. Have a great one ya'll!

HMBgal

Our heat wave has left, it was in the 90's for 2 days. Back to the usual Northern CA. days for this time of year.....high 70's, dry, no humidity.

We must live close to each other. I work inland (south bay) but live on the coast, so going between microclimates can be quite interesting. Although it's always dampish where I live, being so close to the ocean. I, too, am glad for the reprieve from the heat. My little students hate it. I enjoy the heat, but I'm weird.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
We must live close to each other. I work inland (south bay) but live on the coast, so going between microclimates can be quite interesting.

HMBgal, when I first moved here 30 some odd years ago, I couldn't get used to the weather. I'm from NY and Connecticut, where the weather is the same in a number of states. Here, in the summer, I would drive one hour from Sonoma County where we live, to San Francisco and I would need my winter coat! It would be 85 at home and in the 50's and damp in SF. And, we hike a lot at the beach, we always bring our winter outer wear because, as you know, it can be freezing......or it can be warm.......or it can be both in one day. I think that's why I love the weather in the south, that consistent warmth, those balmy evenings, even the humidity......but we can't really complain, the weather here is usually quite lovely.......

KTMom91

I miss the Bay Area so much! So much to do, beautiful weather...and here I am, stuck in the boonies and sweating my ears off every summer.

I read my Chronicle every Sunday...because I can dream...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Well, it's not morning anymore... But I popped in and love the upbeat feel of this post!

It's not nearly warm enough here. Today's high is supposed to be 71... At least it's sunny. I need about 10 more degrees to be happy. Of course, that's because I spent my childhood & tween & early teen years in El Paso, Texas... So even though I have been in the Midwest longer than I lived there, my body still yearns for HEAT. DRY heat.

However, my little container garden is growing like crazy. Bill needs to put together the fenced-in garden so I can plant my corn, beans, squash, tomatoes, peppers, watermelon, and cucumbers. I'm going to keep the cilantro and catnip in its container. LOL they are plastic shoe boxes... I drilled holes in the bottom for drainage. Sharing a picture!

Attachments

• 13256018_10206165432478001_2673159040633620197_n.jpg
    13256018_10206165432478001_2673159040633620197_n.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 218

Nature

It's already 3 am when I'm posting ..and already Friday so I'm like the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland...I'm late! However, Good Morning right back at you and how nice of you to wish us all a good morning. :cunning:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
1036 Friday where I'm posting from.

Got to bed at about 1AM and less a couple of pee calls, was awakened by our lovely maintenance people firing up the big, riding mowers at abou t7:15AM. I realize that if you're gonna be stupid about having a lawn in the first place, they do have to be mowed frequently. I just wish they wouldn't be so early. They start at my end of the comples and work their way West.

Unfortunately, after having one of those beasts go roaring past under my bedroom window, sleep is out of the question. At least at the moment. I'm pretty sure I'll go for a nap...later.