Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

It's Thursday which must mean tomorrow is Friday!! This cold is still wearing on me and I'm hoping it is on its way out.

I'm taking my students on a field trip to the Planetarium this morning. They have a program on how explorers used the skys to navigate before they had any equipment and since we are studying explorers it's a perfect fit. Then I'm hoping to finish up our state tests!

After work today difficult child has a therapist appointment and then I have book club :reading:Looks like no visit to the health club today but since I've already been 4 days this week and can make it tomorrow and Saturday I'm not too worried.

I hope everyone has a peaceful day and finds reasons to smile and even laugh! :flower:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, sounds like you may be overdoing it again - you need to take time to rest that body of yours. I'd hate to have to come down & hog tie you as I'm using a walker & would lose. What an ugly scene. :rofl: Okay, never mind - just take care my friend.

Today I'll be busy with sleeping & becky homecky stuff around the house. I believe sleep is first on my agenda though - well, need to get kt off to school & then sleep.

I'm determined to get to the grocery store today - seedless red grapes are on sale & I want to pick a couple of pounds up. I love those things. Otherwise, I'm stuck with bananas again - if I never see another banana I'll be just fine. Whine, whine, whine. :smile:

Please forgive me - I believe that I'm a tad punchy this morning.

Enjoy your Thursday - hug your loved ones.

Remember: If you cannot hide your family skeletons, at least make them dance. (G.B. Shaw) :rofl:

LittleDudesMom

:snowman: Good Morning Sharon, Linda, and all to follow!

Sharon, now listen, it's November, you live in the midwest - the cold is there and it's there for a long while to come :cold: Just wanted to make sure you had a reality check this morning! Sounds like you have a busy day, but all in all a positive one!

Linda, the sleep and the grapes sound good. The red grapes we have been getting lately have been delicious, but quite pricey. Enjoy your day :thumb:

We have had our first real hard freeze here in central virginia. I actually put cut on "the monster" aka, my old furnace, yesterday. I have a gas fireplace in my family room and my living room and they can really knock the chill out until it gets too chilly outside. The radiators are nice and toasty this morning :gingerbread:

It's thursday so it's office day for me. I'll only be working until around 11:30 because I have a hair appointment. I had to switch my appointment from next week this this week. I normally go in first thing in the morning because I don't like the waiting if those ahead of me were late!!!! difficult child wants to stop by his old elementary school this afternoon for their bookfair. We won't be having one until spring. I think he really wants to go and see his old principal. It's on our way home, so of course we'll stop in.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday - keep warm :blizzard:

Sharon

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Morning -

Sharon you sound so busy. I actually enjoy the cooler weather myself but I understand the change being difficult. Take some time for yourself.

Linda - Sounds like you have a good day planned. My table just keeps piling up.

Sharon I am sure you will enjoy your hair appointment. I don't do those often but I just love having my hair washed.

Today I have therapist and then tonight easy child and I are going to the play Annie. 3 1/2 hour drive to get there means she gets out of school a bit early. This is her b-day present. The drive home is the part I am not looking forward to.

Hope everyone to follow has a good day also.

Beth

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
Sharon- A trip to the planetarium sounds great! :blizzard:
Linda- What time do the sisters arrive? :princess:
Sharon- Do you miss the book fair? I may be volunteering a few hours next week at our fair. :hammer:
Beth- I hope you and easy child enjoy the show! :flower:
I have errands, cleaning and invoicing today (if my order arrives). It will be busy, but not impossible like the last few weeks. :bloodshot:
Duckie's Brownie meeting went well last night. We have an extremely large group of very active girls. It's often difficult to keep the activities moving along, but we did well last night. We were working on a badge for sport skills, so we stretched out as one large group, then divided into three groups that travelled to different stations for the various activities. We actually had some free time before snack! I'm very pleased this morning. :thumb:
Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :bath:

Good Morning Everyone :coffee:,

This morning I'm going to meet a friend for breakfast. She and I have been the best of friends for over 30 years!!! Time really does fly!!! Anyway, got to run so I don't have time to say hello to each of you individually.

I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today.:autumn::cold: :blizzard: :coffee: WFEN

Marguerite

G'day, everyone. I'm late tonight, a bit tired after my busy day. I STILL haven't heard from my neurologist, so much for "let me know immediately if there is any change." husband faxed him the letter I wrote, giving the details of Monday night's fun and games.

easy child 2/difficult child 2's appointment with the gynaecologist - he's not concerned, says to do another Pap smear in six months to check, or get back to him if any other changes, but he thinks it's going to be OK.

And yes, I did drive. I had the choice to get her to drive but I know the area. Plus I broke up the trip a bit so I didn't get too tired. I was glad when I got home, though. It's an easy car to drive, but my right hand and right leg were really working hard, and that's my weaker side at the moment.

Lots of rain today - the weather's been really weird. Haven't checked the rain gauge - could even be overflowing. Nothing landing in the dam, though - just the coastal strip.

BF2 was concerned with this morning's storm, that the ferry wouldn't be running due to storm-whipped seas. He rang them early and the ferry captain told him, "No worries, mate, she's flatter than a 17 year old boy."

I drove him to the wharf later. And indeed, it WAS flat - barely a ripple. Considering the boat often has to surf in and snag the wharf with a rope as it goes past, it was amazing. And a blessing.

Tomorrow I rest, apart from working with difficult child 3. And hopefully hearing from the neurologist.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning! I am enjoying a nice hot cup of :coffee: from daughter - yum.

difficult child works today and easy child goes to several doctors for her checkups and shots before she heads back to school in December. :nurse:

I am excited it is Thursday because that means all my favorite shows are on tonight! :thumb: