Good Tuesday morning, friends.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:good_morning:

:coffee: I'm sitting here sipping freshly brewed hmj & enjoying the "calm before the storm". :chatty: It's a cool morning here & the forecast predicts temps in the lower 60's. I believe we're in line for a cool summer here in MN.

Looking at my calendar for the week & it's going to be another slow week - kt has therapist appointment tomorrow & I have some blood work & neuro doctor visit on Thursday. Nothing I can't handle.

We had a lovely peaceful weekend (other than Sunday's storms & such). husband had a nice b/day celebration with his bbq'd ribs & homemade cheesecake. It's one of those "take me out back & shoot me now" meals cholesteral & fat wise. I let him know to enjoy it now because it would be another year before he ate this well. :morecrackers: :rofl:

Have a good day friends......hope you find a reason to smile.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Bbq ribs sound so delicious-glad husband got to indulge! I'm glad you have a week with not many appts.

Like Linda it is cool here this morning and we're not even suppose to hit 60, only 57 for a high. Yesterday we were in the 80s-go figure?

Today after school we have difficult child's iep. After only 3 hours of sleep last night I hope I will be able to function at it. Not sure if we'll also go to the health club. I have a feeling it may be early to bed tonight.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

:bigsmile:Good Tuesday Morning Everyone :bigsmile:

Linda, glad you had a nice weekend and are expecting a slow week. Gives you more time to gets some healing in :angel3:.

Sharon, not sure why you didn't sleep well, but I got about the same amount last night. Just couldn't sleep. That rarely happens to me. So we will be bleary-eyed Sharons together today :meditating:!

difficult child and I sat down yesterday afternoon and went through his two Five Stars to organize things for SOL testing. Our state standards of learning start tomorrow. As we were going through his things and cleaning them out, he counted the days of school left and was estatic to realize he only had 13 :teethy:! We actually got a notice that instead of the kids getting out on the 17th, their last day is the 12th - clearly we used no snowdays this year!

easy child had a great weekend at the river. She loved meeting boyfriend's grandmother. All the kids spent three days boating, tubing and just hanging out at the beach. Fortunately, we had a very unusual gorgeous Memorial Day weekend weather-wise. High 80's.

I think my kids can feel summer coming..........:sunny:

Wishing everyone a fab Tuesday :jumping:

Sharon

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

I can't seem to get here very often lately!!! Lots has been happening. Another BUSY day for me!!!

I'm hoping for a quiet evening... Peaceful and uneventful would be nice, lol!!!

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... :flower: WFEN

Happy Tuesday All!

Timer lady, so glad to hear that husband had such a nice birthday celebration! Our easy child has a Memorial Day birthday too, I think it's a great time of year to celebrate. by the way, your comment to find something to smile about did make me smile.... :)

Sharon I, good luck with the IEP.. I'm thinking good thoughts for you and the planning for difficult child for next year. Those meetings always make me dig deep.

Sharon II, I hope all goes well with difficult child and testing. We successfully passed that hurdle for another year. Lots of kids in our state weren't so lucky. A new social studies test was introduced this year and only 20% of the kids passed it . It's a huge political debate here. Personally, I think that these kids are tested way too much. It sounds like easy child's weekend was really fun for her. Aren't grandparents the greatest?

WFEN, Here's hoping that you have lots of reasons to smile today! Take a few breaks in that busy day.

husband and I spent a lot of time yesterday planning for our upcoming vacation. He has a conference in Miami next week and difficult child and I are tagging along. We've never really been to South Florida before so we've planned several days to see the Everglades and drive along the Keys. We've just got our fingers crossed that the weather cooperates and that difficult child has a little bit of fun.. It's always hard to gauge what he will or will not enjoy. Nonetheless, we think it's important to change the scenery from time to time.. I'm smiling a lot today, because I'm working at home - no commute into my office in the city.

Take care everyone!

Valerie

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Linda, I really hate hhow blokes can generally eat what they like, but we females have to watch every calorie.

Sharon/Wiped, I hope the IEP meeting goes well. And maybe getting some sleep instead of the gym might be a wise chopice tonight?

Sharon/LDM, it's good news for difficult child, to be getting out early from school. Not sure how it affects you, though. easy child's weekend sounds wonderful.

WFEN, don't overdo things today. I hope you get the quiet evening you're hoping for.

Valerie, your holiday sounds like it will be really exciting. I'd love to see Florida too. And travelling with difficult children over the years, we've found that even if they're total grumps for the trip, in later years they value having been.

difficult child 3 had a productive day today, with schoolwork. Tomorrow is a big day - his correspondence school has an open day, a sort of educational expo. On the agenda is "NASA virtual excursion" which could be another satellite hook-up like the one he & I attended last year, or maybe video of last year's event. If it's a new hook-up we might be able to talk to them about the Mars lander.
And indoor rock-climbing, among other things. It's a great day, we've been every year that difficult child 3 has been enrolled. Crowded, though.

After that, I have to visit husband at work and collect some stuff to bring home (he's been dumpster diving, found some conduit he can use to re-wire the lighting in the garage). Then shopping, then waiting around for difficult child 3's drama class. A long day. I'll have to remember to bring the camera. Somewhere in the afternoon I might see if I can get in to see my GP, my leg has been cramping badly since Friday night and I'm beginning to wonder if it's more than a cramp.
I also have to remember - first thing in the morning, as we head out - I have to collect a young friend of ours, difficult child 3's therapist's daughter, and take her to school for an early music class. She and difficult child 3 are good friends; both exceptionally bright, she is very tolerant of difficult child 3 because of this.

I've already packed the schoolwork for tomorrow - difficult child 3 can work in the car on the way there and back again, even if it IS a holiday at school. I've got his work for the past week to hand in, instead of posting it all, plus the exams he did today, plus the paperwork to request the missing worksheets for the exam he COULDN'T do, for lack of supplementary material. Paperwork, paperwork...

Then it's back into the school again on Friday for a Maths study day. He gets a week's credit every time he attends a school function, so it's worth us making the effort. Besides, the city is fun to visit occasionally.

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone.

Marg