Good Tuesday Morning Friends

Rabbit

Good Morning All Hope everyone has a Great day! It's the last full day of school here.
Followed by 3 1/2 days and its finally over!:DHugs Rabbit
:peaceful:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Rabbit-I can feel the excitement you are feeling about the school year being almost over!! Enjoy your day!

Looks like another cloudy and rainy day. We are really due some sunshine here. Yesterday the forecast was for all sun after today for the next week. Get up this morning and check the forecast-tomorrow is now the only day with sun and the only day without rain in the forecast for the entire next 7 days-argh!!!!

This morning I'm taking easy child to a therapist appointment and hoping to get in a workout. This afternoon we have to go cell phone shopping-we are up for some free upgrades since our contract is expiring. difficult child is very happy about this because he lost his last year and we refused to replace it until our contract was up. We also have to do a bit of birthday shopping for difficult child. At some point I know my nap will be squeezed in. I love being able to fit in daily naps again!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Ladies!

Rabbit, we are counting down as well! Two actual days of academics - grad service for 8th grade at 10 on Thur (then they can go home) and field trip to Kings Dominion on Friday. Yesterday difficult child came home with a tshirt that said "Class of 2010" with the school mascot on it and all the 8th graders names!

Sharon, phone shopping is fun. I know difficult child loves his. Rarely gets a call or makes one - just loves the idea of it! Enjoy that nap.

Not much to report other than it's hot and humid and I'll be at work all day today! Yesterday difficult child and I did something different after school. We shut the blinds in the family room and ordered "Shutter Island" On Demand and watched a Monday afternoon movie. We really liked the movie and actually had a great conversation about it afterwards. Sometimes he surprises me with his maturity and insight.......

Hope your day is great!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people. Don't forget, all of you who anticipate the end of the school year, that it means the little darlings will be home and underfoot now, for the next few months.

Rabbit, use these coming half days to prepare yourself for the summer trials.

Sharon/WO, I hope difficult child can be more careful with his new phone this time.

Sharon/LDM, movie days with the kids sound a great way to hide from the summer heat.

We've had a full day today, but not a rushed one. Radiation treatment first, of course, then in to the school. difficult child 3 had some face-to-face lessons with his computing studies teacher and got a whopping ten weeks' work dealt with. in three hours! He's got assessment tasks to do this week (three of them!) and I can't help at all with those, although I prefer to be home when he's doing them so I can help keep him on task.

While I was with difficult child 3 at school, husband dropped in at his work to get some deskwork done, and also to see the doctor about his being bitten last night by a fruit bat. It turns out that he has to have rabies shots (our bats possibly carry Lyssavirus, it's related to rabies and potentially nasty, although so far there have been no cases of bat to human transmission). Bat bites are notifiable here, Dept of Health also want to track the bat, which is now in the hands of the wildlife rescue people (WIRES). Trouble is, the WIRES bat lady told mother in law in greatdetail of the health risks husband is facing, made a huge thing out of it and mother in law is a huge worrier; she's been in a major panic all day and was in tears when we dropped in tonight. Angry with us for not telling her about the bite last night. We didn't want her worried, especially since the bat was still in her tree.

She told us the WIRES lady turned up, found the bat too high up the tree and called - the FIRE BRIGADE! They said they've never had to get a bat out of a tree before. Frankly, I think it's too much trouble to go to, for an animal that's probably not injured anyway and is not endangered in the slightest (they're almost nuisance proportions at the moment).

husband's doctor just happens to be doing research into bat-borne diseases and so is the best person to oversee the treatment. They have ordered the vaccine and the shots begin tomorrow. First the wound gets infiltrated, then the rest of the shot goes in husband's arm on the opposite side. he's having it done while I'm having my heart stress test. Then husband is back for his next shot in the arm on Friday, then Wednesday next week, then a week later, than a fortnight after that. He'll be back at work by then.

husband did all the right things last night, it turned out, including using leather gauntlets to handle the bat. Just a pity it bit right through. Then husband flooded the wound (the edge of his thumb, it bled freely) with disinfectant.

Oh, well... it will be the talk of the town, mother in law having the fire brigade called to get a bat out of a tree.

It only seems a few years ago (would be about 20 years, though) that we were handling bats with no concern for viruses. Lyssavirus is a new concern.

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone. Ours has been eventful!

Marg

Good Morning Everyone,

Rabbit, My kids still have another week to go. Enjoy your day!!!

Sharon (WO), Sorry about the weather. Hope the forecast is WRONG! Hope you manage to get a workout in and also a nap!

Sharon (LDM), What a great way to spend a Monday afternoon. I'm glad you and difficult child enjoyed the movie and eachother's company.

Marg, Never a dull moment for you!!! I'm glad your husband is being careful, saw his doctor, and is getting the rabies shots. Sorry it got your mother in law so worried!!! I really hope that fruit bat appreciates all that your husband did for him, lol...!!! I hope you manage to get some extra rest. Sounds like you could definitely use it!!!

Today is going to be a beautiful, sunny, just perfect day here. Unfortunately, I won't be able to go for a jog. I did something to my ankle yesterday (same one that I injured a few years ago), but am hoping if I stay off of it as much as possible for a few days, it'll be OK. It really doesn't seem that bad, just a bit swollen. If necessary, I'll make an appointment to see my doctor at the end of the week.

My "favorite sanity saver" is doing OK. Marg, thanks for thinking of her! I have to bring her back to the vet again tomorrow morning. She might have a bacterial infection around where the incision is. So, she and I will take it easy today!

As always, I hope everyone has a great day! SFR

P

PatriotsGirl

Good morning, every one - newbie here :)

Came home from work yesterday to find the "little angel" apparently had company here yesterday while we were at work and they carelessly left their **** all over my house (after I spent the weekend cleaning). Then we found she also turned the thermostat to 66, instead of the 73 we keep it at. Hey, why not, right? She doesn't pay the bills...who cares that we have told her a million times not to touch it.

I am gearing up for a full day tomorrow. Have to bring the "little angel" to the D.A.'s office because they want to interview her for a drug case against some one. She has to go see her probation officer after that and face the fact that she flunked her drug test and is receiving a sanction for that. Her probation officer is also really thrilled that she has STILL not performed a lick of the 20 hours of community service she is supposed to do. Three more sanctions and she goes to juvenile lock up.

Ah, the light of my life! Sorry to vent y'all, it's nice to vent and have people who understand where you are coming from...

Michelle

change

Good Mornin' Everyone!!!

Geez Michelle...down here in Texas, we might just let a little angel lke yours hang herself. Really. Bless your heart. I hope you have a good day.

Everybody else...here's to trying to relaxin this heat!!! :)

Have a great one!!