Good Tuesday morning, my friends....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
It's a balmy 10 degrees out this morning :woohoo:!

Sitting here - sipping my hmj:coffee: about to listen to voice mail from yesterday. I turned the phones off for a bit yesterday afternoon & forgot to turn them back on. I'm afraid to listen to what I've missed given the numbers showing up on caller I.D.

Not much on the agenda for today - I've been going through husband & my closet & sorting clothes & such to give away. It's a nice quiet time sitting on the bed & going through this stuff. And I have the bed right there if I want or need to nap.

kt & wm are pumped for Valentine's day; I need to get out today or tomorrow & get them a small box of candy to go with the cards I'm painting for them. :gifts: I'm actually looking for a couple of fleece throws for them to wrap up in from mum & dad on cold nights.

Enjoy your Tuesday. Here's to a calm day with cooperative children. I hope you accomplish all you set out to do.:flowers:
Hug your loved ones!

Marguerite

G'day, Linda. Ten degrees (F, I presume). Too cold for me, unless I'm rugged up like the Michelin man. You sound very organised this morning.

We had sun today, if we hadn't been so busy with schoolwork I'd have gone to the beach. Then just as school time was finishing, down came the rain. We got an inch and a half in fifteen minutes. They say it's the southern end of a monsoonal trough, which explains it a bit.
Tomorrow they forecast southerly (ie cold) winds and hence dryer.

And Thursday is Valentine's Day. difficult child 1 & easy child 2/difficult child 2 have been getting their heads together. difficult child 1 was trying to organise something special for Valentine's Day, with girlfriend - a special dinner, just for two. But restaurants HATE Valentine's. He tells me, because they get so overloaded. He was considering preparing her a special meal (in her very tiny flat). I suggested takeaway, set up as a candle-lit dinner in her flat (she'd have to move the computer off her card-table-sized dining table).

But easy child 2/difficult child 2 desperately wants to be a fly on the wall (difficult child 1 is going to pop the question at dinner on Valentine's - he's collecting the ring tomorrow afternoon) so she's organised a double date. That way she can take photos of them.

I'm not supposed to be saying anything yet, but I figure you're hardly likely to be able to tip off girlfriend now, are you?

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-I bet the tweedles will love the cards you are painting for them. The fleece idea is a good one! We haven't even done anything for Valentines this year yet. We forgot, until last night, that difficult child needs cards for his class-don't know where our minds have been.

Marg-How exciting he is popping the questions-I promise not to tell!!

It's snowing again here-just a few inches I think but enough to push us to a new record. We officially will have experienced the snowiest winter ever in Madison.:snowing:

I have work today but I have a meeting at a different meeting so it's a bit of a change from the norm-to be honest I'd rather be teaching. I do get to go to lunch today which should be nice.

After work we have to take difficult child wrestling and then get his Valentine's cards for his class. I'm hoping to fit in the health club but it might be difficult.

I hope everyone has a peaceful day.:kisses:

LittleDudesMom

:frostbite: Good Tuesday Morning! :coldday:

Good Morning Linda, it's cold here too - not like your temps but around 21 or so which is pretty cold for us. But, tomorrow we will be in the mid 50's. It's winter in the midatlantic! I just pulled the bag out yesterday that had the kids valentines in it. They are neither "chocolates" kids so they got conversation hearts, one reeces peanut butter heart, and a candy necklace - along with a card from mom of course :cupid:. You are doing your spring cleaning a litter early! Take it easy.

Marg, how sweet - a Valentines Day proposal :couple:. I hope everything goes smoothly and as planned. Too bad you and difficult child didn't do a beach lesson earlier in the day! Hope your weather brings your wishes today!

So, mom called last night and said they were expecting a wintery mix up her way today and she doesn't want me driving on the interstate if that is the case. Well, I checked the weather and they are having some light snow showers this morning and a little wintery mix late this afternoon. I'm heading up! I don't have a big 'ole Mercury Mountaineer for nothing! I really want to be there when mom wakes up from her surgery. She doesn't want to worry about me I know, but it doesn't sound too bad.

Wishing everyone a great day! Stay warm :2cold:.

Sharon

house of cards

Morning all,
Linda, enjoy your Valintine shopping, hope kt nudges husband to do something special for you.
Marg, lo0ve the Valintine proposal as well, my oldest is engaged too, congrats.
Sharon/WO, perfer teaching?/ you must not have my son in your class LOL.
Sharon/LDM, drive careful, mom is in my prayers for her surgery.

My day is just Early Intervention and housecleaning...always housecleaning. Did I mention I hate housecleaning? Oh well, I'll put on some rocking music to help it go faster.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning everyone. It is crisp and clear but nothing like frigid compared to those folks in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Brrrrrrr. I did have to wear gloves to walk the dogs yesterday. :2cold:
Today is the car wash, errands and meeting someone for lunch. I don't know what to eat considering I have been so incredibly disciplined on my healthy lifestyle. I guess I'll just have to try to be subtle.
Lots of house work to do but I seem to be doing bits and pieces as I go along.
My sibs are coming for a long weekend and bringing mom. It should be fun and they don't really care about the house. They do care about food so I need to place a large order at the grocery store.
difficult child called for the recipe for soup. He wants to make it soon. This is a good sign. Life when happening too fast still overwhelms him.
I hope to go up in March for a long weekend visit. I miss my boys. Not to the point of pining for them. Just enough to want to spend some time together.

Hope your day is wonderful.

tammyjh

Good morning,
Its about 10 degrees here this morning too and we're suppposed to get to a high of 26. I was thinking about how cold that was until I saw the news and saw it was 40below elsewhere....yikes...thats cold!!

Yesterday was my errand day and today is my stay home with my 2 yr. old day. I like stay at home days:D

KTMom91

It's supposed to be in the mid 60's here in beautiful CA! I have Valentine's baking to do, banana bread and white chocolate chip cookies.