Good Tuesday morning, my friends.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I know it's a bit early, but I'm unable to sleep & thought & get on & check the board; offer you all a good day.

Yesterday I was off to another doctor's appointment. Even the docs are frustrated now. They cannot find out what is going on - feel that Guillian Barre's is the best "fit". However, the rheumatologist, neurologist & GP really want to follow the right treatment plan. I've lost so much over the last few months - the doctor's are in agreement that they don't want to go in the wrong direction. The search is still on.

In the meantime, I've been discharged from home care PT to out patient. :bravo: It will seem a bit more normal than now.

kt had a good day at school. She earned her first ever 100% on a math test. She & I had been doing some extra math work 2x a week while husband has been teaching in the evening. "Mom, we did it - I got 100!" What a heartwarming scream of joy. :smile:

Cheryl, loving the new emoticons! Thanks

Enjoy your day - keep it calm. I hope you can find one reason to smile or even laugh out loud today. :cool-dog:

Marguerite

G'day, Linda. I've been wondering how you were getting on.

Great news about kt's maths test - absolutely wonderful! I received difficult child 3's upcoming maths test in the mail - I've got to give it to him next term. I think I'll get him to do some extra study in the meantime. This is the last week of term, plus we're going to Canberra for the upcoming weekend. Floriade is on, I really want to see it. We might even stop in on Bowral on the way down, if their spring tulips are still on display.

I LOVE spring!

I didn't say G'day last night, I had bought a lot of strawberries ($1 a punnet - couldn't pass it up) and knew I would need to get cooking fast. I cooked 5 batches of strawberry sauce/jam in the microwave, I was still cooking at midnight! I estimate I cooked about 3 Kg of strawberries. And in between, I was cutting up and freezing strawberries, I got them all done. I just printed out my labels, so now we can put the bottles away in the cupboard for a strawberry famine. This time of the year is strawberry glut time, all the strawberries in Queensland, it seems, come south to make us happy. After the strawberries finish, it's mango time.

Did I mention I love spring?

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:sleeping: Good Morning Linda, Marg, and all to Follow!

Linda, it's good the doctors are working together and you feel a little more normal being released from home pt. Great news on kt's math test :bravo:

Marg, mmmmmm...stawberries! We are strawberry fans at our house too - we go picking every early summer. You can eat as much as you want in the field. There is nothing better than fresh picked strawberry :thumb:

difficult child had a good day at school yesterday - if you were following the 1:1 saga - he said she was "good" yesterday!

I'm going to clean out my closet this morning! I do much better work in the morning....... so instead of going to the office first, I'll stay here and work on my closet, then go to the office until it's time to pick up difficult child.

Wishing everyone a great day! :pet:

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-I'm glad the docs are working hard to understand what is going on-hopefully they'll have it figured out soon. It's great you are now out patient for PT. Great for kt receiving a 100 on her math test! :bravo:

Marguerite-The strawberries sound delicious! We too love strawberries here!

Sharon- I'm glad difficult child's day went well. The 1:1 darn well ought to be nice! When you are done with-your closet you could skip the office and head to my house I have lots that needs to be done! :wink:

I love the new emoticons too! Especially all the fall and Halloween ones! :ghost:

I'm extremely tired this morning. :sleeping:Didn't get to sleep til almost 11:30 then difficult child was up at 1:30. Probably it is just too darn hot. I really should have turned on the ac yesterday but geesh it's almost the end of September and the forecast is for a bit cooler today! Please let us have some fall temps soon to go with the season! At least the trees are starting to turn! :autumn:

Just work and the health club today-maybe I'll get to bed early today!

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day! :cool-dog:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Morning

Linda it is good to hear they are still working hard for you. So exciting for KT and her 100%.

Marg not strawberry love here. That leaves more for everyone else that does like them.

Sharon hoping for the most positve outcome on the 1:1 issue.

Sharon sorry you didn't get to sleep.

We have a permanancy hearing for difficult child 1. I am tired of carrying my armor. I need a squire to help me with this I think. Ah well another day another battle.

Beth

Marguerite

Just an update - because I was so busy cooking last night and because I've been cooking a lot of stir-fries over the last week and I wanted a change (and something easy) I bought some family-sized lasagnes from a well-known outlet. difficult child 1 & GF2 especially love these and will demolish most of one between them.

While I was busy working on labels for my bottled strawberries, husband was getting the lasagne out of the oven. As he scraped away a blob of cheese on the edge of the foil tray, he noticed what appeared to be a sliver of ivory. Thanks to the palaeontology he's studied, he recognised it instantly - a rat molar! The whole thing, too, right to the root. This wasn't a rat wandering into the cardboard box on shipping, the only way a rat could lose a molar so thoroughly is if the rest of the jawbone has been removed (by erosion, or cooking).

So I'm sitting here looking at my piece of lasagne and thinking - can I ever eat lasagne again? difficult child 1 happily ate his, so did husband. "Any rat in it is clean now, it's all been thoroughly cooked." And I'm remembering Magnus Pyke, English scientist and eccentric who in the 80s was advocating that people should eat more rat because it is nutritious and would solve the pest problems of a number of the world's cities... but I don't think I can live like Magnus Pyke, thank you very much.

I'm off to cook more strawberries (from the freezer) and maybe find something vegetarian for dinner.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
I'd address everyone individually, but Duckie is being a pain-in-the-you-know-what today! I'll be trying to stay inside until cheer tonight as we're supposed to have record breaking heat. I'm also ready for autumn. :sleeping:
Have a great day! :thumb:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all. It is still in the 90's in N.C. I am looking forward to some heat relief. The march to being moved in continues but every week we are a step closer.

difficult child has been a nice help. He is bonding with the pups. They are not hyper and are fairly needy. The more of difficult child's attention he gives, the more receptive they are to him. difficult child is enjoying this positive attention.

Last night I watched a new sitcom. It's called The Big Bang Theory. I don't know if it will be good or if they can sustain the premise for a whole season but.... I laughed and laughed. Listening to the "nerds" was like taking difficult child and his friends out to lunch. I was howling with laughter. If your difficult child tends toward nerdom, give the show a look see. I don't think I have ever seen my difficult child and his friends portrayed on tv. This is a first.

:geek: