Good Tuesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

The countdown continues! 4 days left of school! Today will be a busy one. We're starting the morning meeting our 1st grade reading buddies for ice cream sandwiches. Then we are having a good bye part for my awesome student teacher-she will be here til the end of the year but I wanted to do a formal good bye.

Then we are going on our potluck picnic. I have about 14 parents joining us. Should be a good time. Then back to school and I have to get their memory books bound. The last hour of the day my class will play a game of Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader (teachers against students-should be fun).

It's also a friend's at work 50th birthday-I'll be celebrating that as well.

husband is taking difficult child to his haircut after school. No idea if I'll have the energy to make it to the health club!

I know it will be a fun day but I'm exhausted thinking about it and tomorrow we have an all day field trip!

Wishing everyone a day filled with laughter and smiles!:try2fly:

Marguerite

G'day for Tuesday.

Sharon, those ice cream sandwiches sound good. And the picnic, and the competition - it all sounds great! I hope you have a wonderful day. In Australia, the host of "Are You Smarter..." is Rove McManus (aka just Rove) who is one of our best and most entertaining show hosts/interviewers/stand-up comedians. He's also an all-round thoroughly nice bloke. He's been getting courted by some US networks; we're happy to let you try him out but we want to keep him ourselves.

husband was home today, but not obtrusive so difficult child 3 got a fair bit of work done for school. We finally got the maths exam done plus a unit of science. Tomorrow I'm hoping difficult child 3 can get a fair bit more work done before we leave at 3.30 pm. I've decided to see the GP about my sore leg (I'm concerned it could be a DVT) and then difficult child 3 has his 5 pm drama class. Then we're meeting husband, therapist and therapist's daughter to go see a special screening of "The Black Balloon". mother in law is coming with us as she has only seen it the once, at the preview.

I'm hoping to spread the word at drama class, since a lot of those kids were also in the film and might want another chance to see it.

Then the next day difficult child 3 has a science study day at his school, so we're going to be busy over the next few days.

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:water_happy: Good Morning Friends!

We are still in the throws of our heat wave, but they promise today is the last day of 100+ temps!

Sharon, sounds like a busy day but a really great one! Love all that fun activity at the end of the year. Hope you don't get too worn out.....

Marg, we love the game and difficult child got it for Christmas. easy child and I didn't know we were so, well, uniformed of first through fifth grade knowledge!!!!!! Enjoy the film this evening.

difficult child and I are delivering small gifts to each of his teachers this morning when I take him to school. Then I'll go and grab an ice coffee from starbucks that is about a block away from my hair salon. I'll probably have about 45 mintues to kill before my appointment., but with the price of gas, I'm not driving home and coming back! I'll head to the office for the remainder of the day after the hair gets beautiful!

When difficult child got in the car yesterday he said, "Don't go yet mom, I have something to show you in my backpack!" He proceeded to pull out a trophy that said "Scholar Award"!! He was so proud - so was I. What a great year it's been for him.

Stay cool and safe today everyone!:swimming:

Sharon

mstang67chic

Going Green
Morning all!

WO - The party and picnic sound fun! It will be busy but just keep picturing that countdown!

Marg - I'm still watching for anything here about the movie. It really sounds good. Enjoy the day and good luck to difficult child for his classes. I hated science! LOL

LDM - It's still hot here too. Not QUITE as hot as you but enough. Enjoy your "me" time and YAY! to difficult child for his award!

husband has to work today and difficult child is no longer in summer school. (loooong story that I may or may not post about) I've just got a few errands to run and some laundry. Hopefully the storm system is out of the area so I can use the clothes line. I'm still waiting to hear on a job. Hadn't heard anything so I figured I didn't get it. Turns out the lady is still waiting on the background checks to come back from their home office. Then if I have time, cause I REALLY have to make time to read (snort), I've got a number of ebooks to read for reviewing.

Morning to anyone who snuck in and have a good day!