Good Tuesday morning....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
A very good Tuesday morning friends.... :good_morning::puppet:

Haven't been around much ~ a little of this & that going on in the tweedle home. The kind of stuff that keeps you away from the computer, telephone, etc, etc, etc.

Today is a day of no appts. kt & her PCA are going to tour PCAs college & check out the library there. (kt wants to check out the "college men" to which PCA just rolled her eyes. :D)

I have another boatload of paperwork to complete in between naps & emails.

Believe with the heat & humidity forecast for today I'll whip up a pasta salad of some sort this morning to go with BLTs for dinner.

Have a good day ~ hope you have a day filled with smiles & cooperative difficult children.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Yeah to a day with no appointments!:D BLTs are one of my favorites this time of the year-we just had some Sunday with tomatoes from my garden.

I had a really nice visit with my boyfriend last night.:friendsforever: We met at a Qdoba for dinner, I ate way too much, but we visited for three hours. We were both shocked when we decided it was time to go and it was 8:00. We made an agreement to try and get together for dinner once a month during the school year. We talk every week but she lives about 40 minutes away-she only teaches about 15 minutes away.

I'm not sure what's on the agenda for the day other than getting in my workout-especially needed after last night's dinner.:exercisebike: I'm thinking of at least trying to stop in at work to meet the new principal and see if I can get some kind of answer about when I can finally get in my room.

I'd also like to hit the pool :beach:but we'll see as easy child has cheer practice-I think husband will take her.

Wishing everyone a day filled with many reasons to smile.:beach_ball:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all.
Linda, pasta salad sounds yummy. Good idea about laying low in the heat.

Wiped out, how fun that you and bff spent some nice time together. Good idea about dropping into school and meeting the principal.

My sweet nephews arrived from Minneapolis last night. They were so proud of themselves that they traveled as "unaccompanied minors". They seem quite tickled with that title. We have a week of fun activities. Hope Aunt "Fam" can keep up. We are planning, zoo, Children's museum, baseball game and a water park in between making a rope swing, taking the puppies for trail walks and doing kid stuff at home. A lot depends on the weather.

difficult child and his buddy headed into town to check out the new museum of Natural History yesterday. Gotta love a GPS system for my difficult child. It is a huge help. My difficult child picked up an application to work there. We will see. That's usually the end of his initiative.

It's a busy week. Meanwhile easy child is in Florida and wondering about the storm. Poor guy is a little nervous. Welcome to the adult world of self sufficiency. LOL. Needless to say I'm a bit concerned myself but I'm sure he will be fine.

Have a good tuesday everyone.

Hopefully we will have nice

Marguerite

G'day, friends.

Linda, I hope you get the paperwork dealt with in time to have a sound nap. Pasta salad sounds like a good idea to deal with the heat.

Sharon/WO, sounds like you had a wonderful evening with your friend. We need to give ourselves times like this.

Fran, sounds like you have a wonderful week lined up for your nephews. I hope OC is safe in Florida.

We had a fun day today. Although it was technically a school day, because husband had the day off we decided to go see "Mama Mia" with mother in law. difficult child 3 didn't want to go, he wanted to stay home. He really isn't good with seeing a movie he hasn't seen before. But I told him "Mama Mia" is fun, like a big beach party with toe-tapping music. We had to compromise - he sat on the aisle so he could 'escape' if he felt he needed to, and we brought his schoolwork so he could get some work done afterwards.
He stayed through the movie. An achievement! Afterwards he did get more work done than I thought he would. He said the movie was "OK," but I think he liked it.

Then we did a brilliant thing - we bought the "Cooking Guide" for Nintendo DS. We'd been talking about it for a while and I thought it was something that would help difficult child 3 learn to cook and to do a number of other things. So this evening I had difficult child 3 helping me in the kitchen. We worked together and followed some of the recipes, adapting as we went (amazingly, he coped with this) and we've put more stuff in place for a recipe to cook tomorrow for dinner.
After he did the bulk of the work, including organising the timing, for "bangers & mash" for dinner tonight, difficult child 3 said he felt a sense of achievement. And no nagging, no hassles - I loved it!

I'm thinking of getting one of these for difficult child 1 as a wedding present. Certainly, I want him to have a practice run on difficult child 3's 'game'.

So today for difficult child 3 - we have had two big, new things in one day. A new movie, and the chance to really do well with a new skill.

A good day, for us.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING TO ALL!
Timer - I hope KT enjoys her college tour and you are able to get your work done.

Wiped - What a great time with your boyfriend.

Fran - Have fun with those nephews. I hope difficult child follows through with that app and easy child stays safe in FL.

Marg - What a great day. I am looking forward to a chance to see Mama Mia. The cooking project is a brillant idea - glad difficult child 3 is enjoying learning.

Today is my 1st day back to work after an amazingly busy week. On Thursday night, I gave my resignation for Sunday School Superintendent to the church council. I told the two Board of Christian Education members that came to last night's meeting. I am already feeling the burden lifted even though I still have until May 2009. I will be off the board in January and will not take on anything that requires once a month night meetings - they are way too hard on difficult child. I need to wait a few years before getting back in the swing of volunteering.

Have a great day everyone - find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

MoonDancer

Good Morning all!

It's so fantastic seeing all the familar faces again! Why didn't I take advantage of the resources this group provides last year is beyond me. I guess I was just so overwhelmed and I think I had sunk into a little bit of the blues myself. Just learning about the wrightslaw yesterday for IEP's......I wish I'd known sooner! *sigh* Well, I'm "armed and dangerous" now for the SD! Try me now!

Today is the last day of summer for the kids. I've got that little skip in my walk today! :D

I'm off! Have a fantastic day!