Good Tuesday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

I've survived the church pageant, children's holiday party, and today is the last day of my seasonal job. All that's left to do is wrap 3 gifts, do a quick clean up on the house, and make a batch of cookies with Duckie.:christmasgift:

The holiday will be here whether I'm ready or not....:christmaslights:

Have a great day! :salute:

Jena

Good morning:coffee:

Tiredmommy I hope your last day of work goes well. I hope whatever customers your dealing with are nice to you!! :)

You have survived alot this week, lol. I hope you have fun making cookies later you have a full day!!

Me, well i was up and down last night kids,two little ones were up and asking to use laptops at 3 a.m. LOL!!!! yea ok!

I have alot of wrapping to do, so much it's scaring me!!!!!! I have umm kind of neglected that part of this holiday. So, I gotta get moving as soon as I drop difficult child to school. :crazy2:

I hope everyone has a great day today, stay warm it's absolutely freezing!!! Ho Ho Ho..........:jumphappy:it's almost christmas!!!

Marguerite

G'day, family.

TM, you sound like you've had a busy, productive day. I hope work is without hitch for you today.

Jen, I hope you can get your wrapping done without too many interruptions.

We had a shopping day today, food mostly. I took mother in law & sister in law out to the mall. While there I spoke to easy child 2/difficult child 2 at her job. She said, "I think I had my drink spiked on Sunday night."
Turned out that she was at a Christmas party at a bar in the city (tourist hot spot) and the large group they were with was spread out, so it could have looked like she wasn't with anyone in particular. She remembers being slightly tipsy, then nothing at all until waking up in bed Monday morning. BF2 told her he almost had to carry her home, she had been throwing up a lot, security had to get her out of the toilets because she was raving and hallucinating about monsters. The top of her dress had lost a strap and she had been walking around with half her bra showing - all of this very unlike her.

She was still feeling sick so I took her to the hospital when her shift finished. Tonight I made her call the police, I also rang them to reinforce it. I was very annoyed with the police at first (at one station - our local cops were wonderful). The cop shop in easy child 2/difficult child 2's area were saying thing like, "It's no big deal, we can't do anything anyway."
I pointed out what the first cop shop had said to me - the bar where it happened will have CCTV of what happened, they may even have pictures of the drink being spiked. And they shouldn't be dismissive of the girl - she is a victim of assault and I said I wanted her treated with compassion and respect.

We were having dinner at mother in law's tonight, I was wishing I could go back to see easy child 2/difficult child 2 at her flat, to be with her. But she rang after the police had been, they had been very kind she said.

I was too agitated to sit still after dinner, I got busy and made a dozen mince pies. I'm feeling a bit calmer now, I need to get some sleep tonight so I can be busy tomorrow. I have some biscotti to bake (stage 1) and some more pastry for mince pies. And maybe some biscuits. Oh, and pickled octopus. I was going to do it tonight, but I was busy on the phone sorting things out for easy child 2/difficult child 2 with the cops.

As I said to easy child 2/difficult child 2 at the hospital, whoever tried to spike her drink lost an expensive dose of GHB with nothing to show for it (ie they didn't get the girl). If they hadn't used it on her, they might have had more success with someone else.

It worries me to know there are such nasty people in this world.

Enjoy your Tuesday, may it be happier than ours. Although I am very happy to know that easy child 2/difficult child 2 was not molested. She is still feeling very sick and it has caused her some problems with her regular medications. A blasted nuisance. Thankfully nothing more.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING!
:D:D:D
Tired - It sounds like you are about as ready as the most organized person. Have fun cooking with Duckie.

Jennifer - Those kids are practicing for tomorrow night when they will be up and down all night wondering if morning is here yet. Wrapping marathon! I do all my wrapping sitting on the floor. My legs can't do that as much anymore so I have to ration out wrapping time. Have fun!

Marg - I am sorry about easy child 2/difficult child 2. How awful. I am glad she is recovering and the police were respectful with her.

Today is difficult child's last day of school before Christmas break. We have classroom gifts and party gifts to pack in the van. We have to stop somewhere to get a treat for the classroom party. difficult child wanted to make something but we were not home last night. I love the Dollar Store. Got stuffed monkey's for the 4th grade girls (3 girls), a dog statue for the one 6th grade girl, and nutcrackers for the boys (3 boys). The three teachers each get a penguin or snowman cup with hot cocoa.

difficult child has a swimming party with the boys after school. He got them a box of candy, a hangman book, and an individual gift. We go to pizza buffet after swimming.

Last night I went to an AED training. They really are easy to use! I seem to be one to take charge of a situation. I have learned in first aide classes that many times the big problem is that people don't get involved - mostly because they don't know what to do or are afraid they may do something wrong. I did start the help for someone who collapsed at a grocery store. It was right in the entry so when I ran in to ask the customer service desk to call 911, I noticed someone I knew was a Red Cross teacher so I instructed her to come out and take over the direct care. She later asked why I did that when I could have handled it and I replied that I believe the best care should be given and knowing her background I knew she could do a better job than I would be able to. I stayed and watched and learned and kept people at bay and calmed the person's friends who were not at her side when she collapsed.

I better get going. Everyone have a great day. Find a way to make your difficult child laugh. Learn to use an AED!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-Is it wrong of me to be jealous you are almost done with everything?;) Just kidding-glad you are so far along. I have much left to do...

Jennifer-I haven't even started wrapping-I'm not even done shopping. I never shop this late! Sorry you were up so late!

Marg-How scary! How awful the police were so dismissive.

We didn't get in til very late-I think I'll do a separate post in the wc. LOTS to do today. Picking up our furball, shopping, grocery shopping, somehow keeping difficult child awake (not that he is sleeping now but he has his sleep study tonight and can't sleep after 10:00 a.m. and with not getting home til late I'm guessing he'll be tired), gift wrapping, I'm sure there is more but don't want to think about it. I'd like to get to the health club!!

Wishing everyone a calm day.:peaceful:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hi Andy-you snuck in on me-you sound like the calm in the middle of the storm. Sounds like a busy day ahead.

LittleDudesMom

:forchristmas: Good Morning Friends!

I'm still in Charlotte - the kids are still alseep and I'm enjoying a little quiet time before I rouse them to go down for breakfast. I have had a wonderful time with my brothers!!!!

TM, glad you have almost wrapped up the preholiday stuff. I'm done everything else but the children's nativity proecession at church on Christmas Eve. But I have everything done for that, it's just the "pulling it off" that is left. Enjoy the cookie making!

Jennifer, hope you get all the wrapping done while difficult child is in school. My sister's kids don't get off until today as well. Mine have been off since Friday. Hope your day is a smooth one and you get more sleep tongiht that it sounds like you got last night!!!!

Marg, how scary for easy child 2. I hope the hospital was able to do a blood draw - although I guess it could be out of her system by now? It definatley shows there are some awful folks in the world. I'm glad she is ok.

My sister had a gift she sent down with my mother that she wanted my two brothers and mom and I to open at the same time. We were all at my aunt's house last night and the four of us opened them at the same time. Inside was a framed picture of the four of us kids when I was about 12, my sister about 6 and the two boys inbetween. We were out in the back yard in out bathing suits and my brothers were pouring a bucket of water over my head. It was so sweet. But it didn't stop there. Each of us got a disk. She had taken my dad's old slides, scanned them into the computer, converted them to jpg and made us each a disk - it was catagorized like "dad", "vacations", "holidays", "extended families", etc.! We sat and watched it last night and just laughed and laughed. We loved the 70's styles!!

We head back to Virginia today, just in time for a family gathering at bonehead's tonight. We will go over there for an hour or two. easy child is teaching the 6am water fitness class tomorrow morning and I'll be going for that - I've been having a feast down south here!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone! Don't think of all the preperations as work - do them with a smile and some love! :santa:

Sharon

Good morning everyone!

Tired Mommy, you have been really busy! I hope that you can work in a little r&r amongst all of your chores today. It's such a busy time of year.

Jennifer, sorry to hear about the late night. I don't envy you all of the wrapping. That's my least favorite chore of the year. Thank goodness for gift bags.... LOL

Marg, I'm just so sorry to hear about easy child 2/difficult child 2 . I understand your response and I'm so glad to hear that you are insisting that the police pay attention and do something about this. The police here respond to certain types of crimes in exactly the same way, just a type of resignation. In my mind, that affords a certain type of tacit approval to the crimes in question. If we are all outraged by outrageous behavior it will become less common in our cultures. I hope that easy child 2/difficult child 2 feels better soon - so that you can all enjoy the upcoming holiday.

easy child came home last night bringing his usual rush of energy in our house! He had difficult child up on his feet , laughing and playing guitar hero. Only easy child can do this , and I really appreciate this quality that he has.

We had our yearly neighborhood Christmas progressive dinner night before last. Every year I am more and more thankful for the wonderful neighbors we have. The sad news we heard is that our neighbors across the street who have a bed and breakfast are moving. We don't know what will happen to the business, but it's hard to imagine the lovely home in any other use. They will be missed.

One of our neighbors has an adult son who is further along the spectrum than difficult child. He is an amazing classical guitar player. In fact, his father recently passed ,and he played a selection at his father's memorial . He is making progress ,as he walked up to one of the guests, stuck out his hand for a handshake, and introduced himself! It was most impressive and I give kudos to his Mom. This gives me much hope for difficult child.

Everyone try to stay warm and enjoy a few moments of peace and serenity in this holiday season.

Valerie