Good Tuesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

We are due for a lot of rain today which isn't fun but I'll take it over snow!! Tonight we have a high wind advisory, I don't know why but I've always liked windy nights, once I'm inside.

Still not feeling great (posted in wc) but I did buy myself one of those pads that you heat in the microwave and used it on my neck yesterday, was very relaxing.

After work today I have a therapist appointment and then I have to attend a wrestling meeting. I would love to have husband go but I know we both need to be their this week because of the regional tournament coming up on Saturday which our club hosts plus he still isn't feeling well either.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:peaceful:

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleDudesMom

:holymoly: This time change is killing me!!!!!

Good Morning Sharon and all to follow. Sorry to hear your neck is still sore - have you ever thought about icing it rather than heat? Sometimes heat is a temporary fix, it will keep the muscles swollen. Ice, on the other hand, can really reduce the swelling.

:doctor: I'm trying to follow the doctor's orders regarding my pinched nerve. I did feel it was getting better Sunday, but Sunday night and last night were fitful sleeps, waking with pain, even thought I had the night medications she gave me. I don't like this........

Quiet afternoon and evening here with no plans other than helping easy child get her clothing ready for the state DECA conference she is attending end of the week into the weekend and keeping difficult child reading his WWII biography for his history assignment!

Have a great Tuesday!

Sharon

artana

Good morning!

WO/Sharon - Hope you feel better for the conference

LDM/Sharon - Take advantage of your quiet day and be good to the pinched nerve. Ouch.:/

I'm working frantically on projects at work. DS7 is having some minor tantrums at school. They changed the lunch menu, so I think that the smells at lunch are affecting him. DS6 did really well yesterday, except that at the end of the day he locked himself in his locker. I asked him why he did it, and he said he was just curious what it was like. o.0

Janna

Good morning ladies,

Sharon, I hope you feel better. I'll take the rain over snow too LOL!

Sharon, it's hard to follow doctor's orders, but you know what to do. Have fun on the WWII stuff, sounds interesting!

Artana, gotta laugh at difficult child. D would do the same. Too funny!

Sorry I haven't been around but I've been very busy getting D ready for Residential Treatment Facility (RTF). Took him yesterday, I'll post. It was heartbreaking.

Otherwise, things are OK. J was sick Mon/Tue last week and off school, D Wed/Thur, so it's going around. Of course I woke up with it this morning. Throat is killing me.

Getting ready to do my 3 miles. Hope everyone has a good day!

Marguerite

Just a very quick post, it's late and I need to get to bed. I've got a busy day tomorrow - I see the rheumatologist, then after a longish gap (I'll probably hit the mall with mother in law) we both see the GP, then hot-foot it across Sydney to the funeral of mother in law's sister in law (husband's aunt). I'm leaving difficult child 3 at home to work on his own (I hope).

A can't greet you all individually - but I did want to say, on the subject of hot packs:
I had a fall while on holidays some years ago, the GP told me the holiday version of hot pack. YOu get a hotel hand towel, wet it, wring it out, fold it netly, put it inside a crinkly plastic shopping bag and microwave it until it's hot. Then use it like a hot pack (be careful - they can get VERY hot!). When it cools, microwave it again.

If you keep microwaving those wheat/lavender packs, they can dry out an I've heard than they can eventually burn. So go carefully.

Janna, I'm sorry you've had to place D in Residential Treatment Facility (RTF). I'll watch for the separate posts.

Have a good Tuesday. Catch you all tomorrow. I'm heading for bed, I have a big day coming up.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING
ARE YOU SURE IT IS THURSDAY?
I MUST HAVE SLEPT THROUGH TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY?
Wiped Out - I am glad the pad brought some relief.

Little Dude's Mom - I hope you find some rest today.

Artana - No clastraphobia for DS6! I would have been freaking out if I was locked in a small locker.

We are stressing here. Diva's very stupid friends are pressuring her to babysit so that they can drive in the blizzard warning to get to school. DeJeVue of December for sure. No travel but because there are finals, professors are telling students to get their butts to school regardless of no travel advised. Her friend's mom even called, "Can't you go over for a little bit?" I would say she better be after her daughter to stay home and stay safe. So, I am trying to reach anyone (radio stations, the school, ect.) to see if they are closing but I can not find anything. The school will not make the announcement until after the round classes of kids are out in the blizzard. Ugh big time - EVERYTHING is closed - freeways and roads are closed - STAY HOME!!!!!

Andy

Good morning Janna and Marg - I am on my search for the State University of Science closing to assure my Diva's stupid friends to stay off the road so no time to do individual greetings. Have a great day!

Andy

O.K. I just called the ND State College of Science in Wahpeton (30 miles trip one way for Diva's stupid friends) - There is no travel advised, blizzard warning (not watch but warning) until tomorrow morning, and everything is closed EXCEPT this stupid idiotic school. Totally totally stupid! Dumb dumb dumb!

I just don't get this! So dangerous and many of these students are young 18 - 22 year olds who don't have the sense to stand up for their own safety. Where is the adult decision in this?

I think Diva is smart enough to stay home and put the problem back in their lap. She is not going to be part of them being out in this dangerous weather. I told her that her friend is now a mom which means baby comes first which means she needs to stay home and stay safe.