Good Tuesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

I do love this time of the year. Sleeping and waking up with the windows open, a cool breeze, it is awesome!

Another day with another appointment after work (it's o.k. I keep thinking, only 9 more days of school). Tonight we are suppose to finish difficult child's iep-with his recent behaviors this should be interesting.

For dinner I'm trying a new recipe from one of my ww cookbooks. It is a pork tenderloin sliced and made in a skillet along with green peppers and some other veggies. I'll serve some brown rice on the side.

Hopefully we'll squeeze in a visit to the healgh club.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Sharon and all to Follow!!

Two with allergies (difficult child and newly myself) so no open windows here! Well, you wouldn't want to open the windows here today - 93 degrees today and 91 tomorrow! Dinner sounds good Sharon...hope the iep writing goes smoothly - keep repeating the end of school matra!

Office today then out to run some errands before picking up difficult child. It's a busy week ahead for me as my mom arrives tomorrow! She now qualifies for the frequent sleeper discount at my house!!!!!

Have a great day all.

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/WO, I hope the IEP meeting goes well and something useful comes out of it. Dinner sounds good - we buy whole pork scotch fillet and slice it into individual medallions, we then do something similar to you.

Sharon/LDM, what with the weather and the allergies, it sounds like you need to batten down the hatches at your place. I hope it all eases soon.

I spent most of the day resting in bed but headed out late afternoon to get to the pathologist before difficult child 3's drama class. I missed the pathologist - they must have left a few minutes early, the place was closed up and dark when they should have been just leaving. So I left my sample with the GP's receptionist, they'll hand it over to pathology for me in the morning.

I'm still running a fever and coughing up copious quantities of gunk. I'll need to call the doctor tomorrow and make an appointment for Friday, to get my blood test results etc. Here's hoping this bug continues to improve. in my opinion this is definitely flu. Not swine flu though, I'm fairly sure.

I'm going to crawl into bed soon. We have a few quiet days coming up, Friday is likely to be busy. Hopefully I'll be well enough by then.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
A very good morning all.

Sharon, I love this time of year as well. 9 more days.....9 more days!

Sharon (ldm), enjoy your visit with Mom.

Marg, I sincerely hope you get some treatment for this flu quickly.

I still have company though one of my two nieces spent the night in the new apartment. My niece K forgot to pack my old bedframe I gave her & she decided to sleep on my couch versus the floor in her apartment. The more the merrier,

My sister & I got to play yesterday. By play I mean we went out to spend money. I've had my eye on a wooden rocker at a local furniture store ~ I finally decided the decrease in price meant a new rocker for my living room. The rocker in my living room now will fit perfectly in my bedroom. A quiet place for me that I haven't had for 20 plus years. Almost sinful.

My sis & I pick up the rocker today; I then have a mtg with kt's in home therapist ~ she wants a mom's update. Head over to the girls apartment for dinner.

Busy but fun day. Hope your's is the same.

Sharon (WO), I hope the IEP meeting goes smoothly. What time should I arrive for dinner? Sounds delicious! by the way, awhile ago, you mentioned you were trying a new crispy cod recipe. I kept meaning to ask you how it was but never got around to it. If it was good, I would appreciate it if you would post it. Thanks!

Sharon (LDM), I hope you get everything accomplished that needs to get done today quickly. I hope you get a bit of time to yourself before your mother arrives tomorrow.

Marg, I hope you feel lots better soon!!! Take advantage of the quiet days you have to get lots of rest.

Linda, I like rockers too. I wish I had space for one in my bedroom. I love decorating! Enjoy shopping with your sister and dinner at your nieces' apartment. It's nice to hear you're having some fun!!!

This morning I'm going to go for a quick jog. The sun is out!!!:sunny:!!! It is a pleasant surprise as it was supposed to rain. I don't have much work today so I'm going to take some time to try to find something to wear to difficult child 2's hearing. Unfortunately, all I own are casual clothes - Lots of jeans, tees, etc... and evening dresses - Not good choices for a hearing.

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today...:sunny::coffee: WFEN

therese005us

Good evening everyone

I have not long returned from Day 1 of 4 ballet days. Well, usually I would have been home earlier, but i got chatting to another mum.
DD11 is in bed hopefully sleeping by now. We have a HS excursion tomorrow to an historical house. It should be lovely, but two large families have pulled out and if it rains, we might be the only ones there!! We also have to fit in a private lesson, some schooling and then more classes in the evening as well as music practise.... hmmm I'm feeling stressed already!

Took DS to dr for needle and I went to the female dr for a little problem. Because of my medication I am prone to fungal infections. I have an unpleasant one in a place I wouldn't want my male DR to examine.. Anyway, I have it in 3 places actually, armpits, feet (tinea) and xXXX.. very strange. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

Then i had supper with an elderly lady who is getting rather forgetful. So we had supper, I supervised her medications and then it was almost time to pick up daughter.

Well Marg, if your bug is like mine, you will hopefully feel a lot better by Friday. Of course, I don't know your situation, you may be better for having some antibiotics. I probably am not fully over it, myself, with residual extra coughing... Take it easy, plenty of garlic, horseradith, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and crushed vitamin C and honey, with some hot water. it tastes awful, but it really will chase it away fast.

Greetings to everyone else.
It is a pleasant 17 degrees here (celsius) and I have the stove crackling away.

God Bless till tomorrow

Andy

GOOD MORNING ALL!
:D:D:D
Wiped - 9 more days - you can do it! One at a time and a weekend in to recharge.

Little Dude's Mom - Too hot there for me! I hope your air conditioning works.

Marg - I hope you start to feel better very soon.

Timer - You just keep on keeping busy these days don't you? The rocker sounds like a very nice addition to your home.

Wishing - I hope you are able to find an outfit.

Theres - You are very busy. Just the thought of that schedule leaves me a little tired. I would love to join you on the tour.

Yesterday's first night of VBS went very well. We had 33 kids attend last night with 3 more registered who didn't make it and another 3 that we have heard through the grapevine will be registering. The 5 groups are very managable with room for growth.

difficult child's bowling buddy did not come over in the morning and while difficult child was bowling, the buddy's mom called to have difficult child go over there. difficult child went into a very mini panic attack, "Mom, I have felt weird all day. Now the 'angel thing' is happening." He knows these people but have never spent anytime at their home. I gave him a Xanax and told him he will be fine. After the Xanax started to work, I told him that he can not hide away from fears. He answered, "But I like to avoid fears" I assured him that so do I but some we just have to face. His buddy took him to baseball practice where husband met him and brought him home. When I got home he told me that the afternoon/evening/night went well.

Buddy should be here for a few hours this morning. difficult child has a ball game tonight that I asked husband to take him to. That means husband will need to come home tonight. If husband does not make it back to town on time, I will take difficult child to the game. VBS registration should be over and well on its way before I have to get difficult child to the ball park.