Good Tuesday Morning!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:D Good Morning Friends!

Up early this morning because the kids and I are heading to the beach shortly.

easy child is teaching class this morning and I decided to stay home and get some last minute details taken care of before the trip. I'm not taking my computer because I just want to escape! It's been a crazy summer and our annual trip to the beach in June resulted in rain, rain, and more rain. Nare a toe touched the ocean!

Oh, here comes easy child - the other instructor showed up by mistake thinking she was teaching this morning. easy child said, "go ahead!" She worked 8 hours yesterday as well as a night out with friends...she's looking forward to a nap in the car!

difficult child is having a great summer! He's been cat sitting for neighbors all summer and we are noticing some great maturity kicking in!

Take care everyone - think of my toes in the sand in a few hours :peaceful:

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-ENJOY!!!! I am crossing all body parts that you have a ton of sunshine at the beach:sunny::beach: Good for difficult child's maturity kicking in:)

Feeling very tired this morning. Last night easy child and I sat up watching reruns of Law and Order til midnight.

After dropping off difficult child at camp we will head to the health club and then, if time, home for a quick nap. Our niece is coming over to do husband's monthly hair coloring. He really doesn't like his gray!

Tonight we are headed to some friends for dinner. I'm going to make a salad to bring along. I'm crossing my fingers difficult child will behave as he has been in quite the mood lately. Luckily our friends are very understanding about difficult child. These people have even watched difficult child when he was at his worse. I always feel a bit sorry for the husband as difficult child always begs him to hang out.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

therese005us

Hi everyone!
My computer was playing tricks yesterday and I gave up in despair. I am very computer challenged. So I was pleasantly surprised when i gotup this morning intending to start her up and ring my provider for help - I'm sure they think I'm VERY blonde - and it worked!!

Not a bad day really. I was happy to drop cherub off, and DS (who is still being a tad challenging) and the GS (German student) and come home. I feel depressed. I'm not sure if it's coming off teh prednisone and being FAT again, or just coming off the prednisone. Or everything that's going on around me. So, pass the tissues please.

I did lots of paperwork and feel a little more orderly. No housework done though. Try tomorrow.
I'm a bit snappy, so BEWARE!

Maybe I should go to bed now....

have a lovely Tuesday everyone.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, enjoy the beach - what a wonderful break for you & the kids.

Sharon (with-o), seems as though you've had a calm summer thus far ~ keeping difficult child in structured settings has to help.

Therese, hope you get the housework done you have on your list.

My kitchen is, for the most part, complete. Carpenter & plumber will be in today & tomorrow (on their time) to complete things that need to be done. The final walk thru is Thursday: my brother in law will be here ~ my other brother in law is an architect & will be in constant phone contact with 1st brother in law. I love this.

I head out to take care of legal work today ~ then I'm going to pick up a few plants for the house & for my shade garden on the east side of the house.

Have a good one.

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Sharon/LDM, I hope easy child enjoys her unexpected day off. Have fun together.

Sharon/WO, I hope you enjoy your dinner tonight with friends. And your rejuvenated husband!

Trish, I'm glad your computer is behaving itself again for you. Hang in there, the blues will pass. I'm in the last week of prednisone myself and I can't wait. Already my pain is back to its full strength but I know I'm still losing calcium (which I can ill-afford). My neurologist told me last week that increasingly it's being realised that prednisone is NOT good.

Linda, renovations inside and gardening outside - your place will be sparkling like new when it's all done.

Erin, have a productive but not too challenging day at work.

I'm feeling a bit stressed right this moment. I had planned to drive mother in law out today and at the same time get easy child 2/difficult child 2 to fill in the paperwork for her audition so I can post it off - it has to be there by Friday night. I had emailed her to find out if she was working or not - no reply. I rang her last night - no reply.
THis morning - difficult child 3 was monopolising the computer but as it was schoolwork, I let him. I told mother in law when she rang me, that I would go to the local school at lunchtime then we would go out. I rang easy child 2/difficult child 2 again - no answer. So she must be at work, I figured. A while later I was just heading down to the school when easy child 2/difficult child 2 drove up. She hadn't answered her phone because she was already on the way to our place.

So I didn't go to the local school. Instead, we stayed home while she finished the paperwork I'd printed out for her, then I drove mother in law out. easy child 2/difficult child 2 was still at our place when we got back (she came to do washing and also more sewing). I also got her to send off an email job application for a child care traineeship (where she eventually wants to work, it would get her out from being a checkout chick and she has just filed a complaint about her boss with head office so she may find she needs to get another job in a hurry).

She left just after dark.

Tonight I got husband to help me print out easy child 2/difficult child 2's head shots etc on photographic paper. I prefer him to do it, he does a better job.

Then I began to compile all the pieces of paper this audition process wants. And the first thing on the list, "read the terms and conditions and sign it" - I had missed the "and sign it" because when I DID read the terms and conditions (I also emailed the link to her to read it) there was nowhere to sign.

So I went looking again on the website - no sign of the terms & conditions at all.
So I dug - finally found it, the website has been updated and I had to use the computer's history to backtrack - I've printed it out, I've emailed her that I'll bring it out for her to sign tomorrow.

I feel hassled. And annoyed to have to drive out (it's over an hour round trip) to get one signature on a piece of paper which I could have done today if I'd had my wits about me.

And it's a long shot. The photos are a bit rough, the colour looks wrong (and that's not good for head shots). husband printed a copy on plain paper which actually looks better, so I'm sending the double copy.

Oh, so frustrating.

But at least it's done and at least I got her to apply for the child care job. Thankfully I already had an older CV on the computer. She has a "work" one and a "performing" one.

Other news - difficult child 1 went for a job interview today, a cabinetmaker wants a labourer and there's a chance there could eventually be an apprenticeship in it. It's a job, it's local and it's in a field difficult child 3 really wants. He thinks the interview went well. Also it's via the disability employment agency, so the employer will already know about difficult child 1's Asperger's. He will find that for him, it will be an asset.

So I've got to get to bed, tomorrow is going to be busier than I had hoped.

Marg