**Good Tuesday Morning**

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all.

Early Tuesday morning; sleep is beyond reach. Nothing other than my mind will not stop racing about this or that.

Yesterday was my day to answer & make phone calls, pay bills & clean up the house a bit. Scheduled the final phase of my "remodel" - painting & the floor refinishing in my living/dining room. Dining room now however being used as my office/art/music room. Way cooler use of the space in my humble opinion.

Today is the only day, according to weather, that won't be rainy so I will be heading out to spread mulch. I'm looking for an light electric lawn mower that I can use with my cane as well as an trimmer. I think I found what I'm looking for & will be heading out early this morning to purchase them. (Everything is on sale - end of summer sales).

These are all things that I need to accomplish with-o husband. I can no longer use the gas mower or weed trimmer. Too heavy. Makes me sad but I will be putting them up for sale on Craig's list. Just getting things that I can use given some of my limitations.

Anyway, looking forward to working in the yard. If I can find a cheap boombox to take out with me all the better. I feel a bit of Heart coming out of me this morning.

Have a good one, ladies. Keep it calm.

Marguerite

G'day for Tuesday.

Linda, rather than a cheap boombox, why not get yourself an iPod? You then either listen to it vie earbuds, or you can plug it in to a set of speakers. They plug into so many different things, we take ours in the car and plug it into the car radio. And I put on anything I want, including radio shows, interviews, talking books - as well as movies if I want. Love it!

We've had another fabulously warm spring day here (even though it's still winter). It gets cold again in the evenings, but the middle of the days are sunny and warm. husband has been home today working on the front fence and also on a side gate. He took mother in law to the doctor this morning - it looks like she just needs medications adjusted.

easy child emailed - the wedding invitaiton printouts only arrived today (not good) because we had the wrong address for her. I'm going to dig and find out where we got the wrong address from - I suspect it was from her, she emailed her new contact details to people. Oh well, no use crying over spilt milk...

Enjoy your Yuesday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:bigsmile:Good Morning Linda, Marg, and all to follow!

Linda, is there a young teen in the area that can be "contracted" to take care of the grass cutting and trimming? I know that stuff is on he end of season sale, but.... I enjoy music while I'm working both in and out too :D! I have a little cheap boombox I got from Target that I use outside - Barracuda!!!!

Marg, sorry the address is wrong on the invites :mad:. The weather that you are describing is my fav - cool nights and warm days. Enjoy your early spring.

I'm on the way to the gym - easy child should be here in about 5 minutes. The it's to the office and then to a local farmer's market for some fresh produce. Mom is coming tomorrow and I'm cooking fish tacos tomorrow night!

Have a great Tuesday :peaceful:

Sharon

trinityroyal

Good morning everyone,

Linda--I hope you enjoy your gardening. I agree that bringing in a neighbourhood teen to do the heavy lifting in the garden might be a good idea. Then you can focus on the parts you enjoy without worrying. I second the MP3 player suggestion.

Marg--Your weather sounds lovely, especially for winter. Hope you're able to sort out the wedding invitation error without too much trouble.

Sharon--enjoy the gym AND the farmer's market. I love farmer's markets, but the City workers were on strike for most of the summer, and most of them are on city property so they've been closed.

I am officially on tenterhooks. The OB doctor is supposed to come in and see me at around 8 am today, to tell me about the schedule. At that point I might (MIGHT) know what time of day they're planning to do the C-section. In any case, today's the big day and I'm so excited.

I can't wait to find out whether we're having boys, girls, or one of each. husband and difficult child have been frantically trying to get the nursery together. I told them to slow down. We have one crib and the change table built, the big comfy chair is ready, and high shelves have been secured to the wall. The babies can share a crib for the first little while, and everything else can happen in its own good time.

I don't want husband to be in such a mad scramble that he misses out on the little moments. It's funny...this is husband's 4th round with newborn babies, and my second, but he seems as nervous as if these are his first children, rather than 4th and 5th.

I'm feeling pretty serene at the moment. However, when both babies are here in my arms, squalling to be fed/changed/burped etc., that might change in a big hurry.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!

Trinity

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all. It looks to be another warm day but not unbearable.
Linda, sounds like you have a good plan for the lawn but I'm with LDM, have someone do the heavy stuff and you can do the garden. Of course, if you love it then it works for you to do it.

Marguerite, I'm with you, an IPOD is so much lighter. husband must have 1000 songs downloaded. It's his favorite gift- I tunes gift cards. I'm boring and stick to the same 75. Nice to know your spring is promising and pleasant. After winter, nothing like spring.
How unfortunate about the wrong address. Hope things get sorted out.

LDM, you go girl! get to that early morning exercise. I did a bit more of a run with the pups yesterday in prep for boot camp. LOL. It was good and I am having some muscle ache but not too bad. How is easy child enjoying life on her own?

difficult child went for interview No.2 last night at 11PM. :bigsmile:His job coach attended with him. It went well and they will do some checks but if everything turns out, he may be on the way. Unfortunately, he is on a prescheduled vacation next week to help baby sis drive from Minn to Pitts. Rattle worry beads for difficult child. He needed a confidence boost. Job coach related that difficult child was very appropriate and enthusiastic. :bravo:He has come a long way in the last year.

Today will be a routine day. Nothing exciting planned.

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:faint::D
Timer - I hope that sleep finds you soon. I hope the new equipment is just what you need. Enjoy today.

Marg - Glad you are enjoy good weather. Hope the invites get straightened out.

Little Dude's Mom - Have a great work out and a great day!

Trinity - Enjoy the quiet moments - they will be harder to find when the babies arrive home. What a great day for you!

I must have overdone it yesterday? It is a great day as predicted. The weather was perfect! I took difficult child and the neighbor boy to Brainerd, MN. I didn't know Pirate's Cove had a race track so we stopped at the small one just South of the Cove. The boys took one ride and then to the cove. We played both 18 hole courses and the boys rode the cars at the cove. We then had a late lunch and visited with my parents. I gave difficult child his bowling ball shirt gift.

Last night, difficult child and I had a bowling meeting regarding High School bowling team and difficult child got to bowl for free. He is doing very poorly and broke down on the way home tearing off his shirt saying he was ashamed of himself and didn't deserve the shirt. We have no idea why he is going down hill this Summer. He is lucky to get 100 these days. I can't wait until the coaching sessions start again.

Anyway, this morning my left shoulder is sore along with my left neck. I think it is the 36 holes of minature golf catching up to me.

I am starting to wonder about the 1st day of school. I think he may just refuse to go? We get to visit the school two more times so that will help.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Sounds like a busy day ahead-be sure to squeeze in enough down time for yours and mine favorite thing-napping:)

Marg-Glad you are getting some nice warm days, they always feel so good after winter or better yet during winter!

Sharon-Enjoy that workout! Everyone seems to love fish tacos so much, I can't bring myself to try them. I like fish and tacos but the two in my mind don't mix. I need to get over it and give them a try because I've heard so many good things about them.

Trinity-I can't wait for you! I think it's fun that you don't know yet whether they are boys or girls! Looking forward to hearing about the little angels!

Fran-I love hearing how difficult child has made so much progress this past year:) I'm rattling those beads for difficult child!

Busy morning ahead, dropping off difficult child at camp and then home for a bit before driving husband to his eye appointment and easy child to driver's ed. Long story, better saved for wc but we are temporarily down to one car because the other is stuck in the garage-can't get the garage door open so that is why I have to drive husband to his appointment.

husband and I will get in a workout while easy child is at driver's ed. I was planning on going into school today but now I may hear a nap calling my name!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Wiped Out

Staff member
A quick hello Andy, you snuck in on me! Gotta get up now and get difficult child ready for his day. Hope your arm is feeling better.

LittleDudesMom

Hey Fran,

I know the pups enjoyed the extra exercise - what great partners! I just love those pups! I remember when you did the boot camp when in Texas! easy child is loving her new place. She missed having a pet so she went and got one of those fighting fish that can live in a bowl - she named it fish! She starts classes on Thursday.

Trinity - can't wait to hear....

Sharon, I saw a recipe yesteday that looked so good I have to try it. Rather than making salsa from scratch, you just chop a mango and some fresh corn and add it to store bought salsa verde. Then you marinate your fish (I'm using Talapia) in Mojo sauce (I'm sure you know what that is!) for about 30 minutes. Just saute the fish 3-4 min per side then remove and chunk up. Rather than the sour cream and stuff, you just put some chunks of fish, a little shredded greens, and the salsa and roll up in a flour tortilla. I'll let you know....

Sharon

Andy

Fran - you snuck in on me. Good job to difficult child! I send good traveling vibes for the kids as little sis moves.

Wiped Out - you also snuck in. I hope you get the garage door open soon. I went through that one day last winter when ours broke so even unplugging and going the manual route wouldn't work for me either.

therese005us

Morning everyone!

We have had a lovely day today. DD12 and I had the day to ourselves and she is working furiously towards doing her Gr6 piano exam Sept 11 and Int. Foundation (Classical Ballet) next Friday 28th August! So, busy! busy!

today we had a great meeting with 3 key people for cherub for school regarding her toileting problems (more later)

then several hours of ballet for daughter this evening.
DS 19 made 5 phone calls to make appts for hadnign in his resume at butchers locally and we are going to 2 tomorrow who said yes.

Marg, am I allowed to say, I'm NOT enjoying the unseasonal warm winter :anxious::anxious:weather? As at 29.9C yesterday, that's more summer than almost spring and I'm NOT looking forward to a long, long summer starting BEFORE the end of winter. But, I would like more rain if He would provide some:D, as we've already had to buy water...:(

Have a lovely day everyone.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Andy, how sad about the bowling team and difficult child feeling so bad. Everyone has slumps and maybe some coaching will make the difference.

Wiped out- Oh No! about the car being locked in the garage. What a pain! A nap sounds good.

LDM, if my two young pups don't settle down soon, your easy child may have 2 new dogs. LOL. I'm kidding but they have taken to leaving messes when I'm not around. So all of us are fenced in the kitchen. Not how I imagined it should be. They are getting good exercise but I'm thinking I may have to do it twice a day. We are hearing more barking than we have experienced before. I'm hoping things will settle down after all the summer hoopla that is going on around here.

Life is good for difficult child. It's been a good week. Thanks for the bead rattling and good thoughts.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
You're all right ~ I have someone come into shovel each winter; I need someone to do my lawn & I can play with the flowers & such. I wasn't looking forward to spending that amount of money. My niece "T" had been coming is but is taking a small vacation between the end of her summer job @ the humane society & before college starts.

The rest of you each have a good day. Need to get my behind in gear & run my errands.