Good Tuesday Morning!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by tiredmommy, May 4, 2010.

  1. tiredmommy

    tiredmommy Site Moderator

    :Good morning! :coffee:

    I was up a little late because I had a meeting with a school board candidate that went until 9:30 pm. Kinda wiped out this morning! Today is my weigh-in... I really struggled this week. :(

    Other than that, I'm trying to figure out if Duckie is having break-through allergy symptoms due to switch her to the chewable medication or if she has a cold. Six or one half dozen, I guess.

    Have a great day! :salute:
  2. Marguerite

    Marguerite Active Member

    G'day for Tuesday.

    TM, I hope your weigh-in still shows good progress for you.

    We just got home from difficult child 3's Tuesday night drama class. Again very warm weather - I spent most of the day in a sleeveless t-shirt, only needing my cardigan after sunset.

    It's been a busy day today. We were supposed to go in to school for an English lesson but difficult child 3's teacher rang in sick yesterday, so we stayed home. He got a fair bit of work done but we still had to do out - I'd promised to take mother in law out to collect her hearing aids, and I'd also scheduled my GP appointment to follow on after a day at the school. So we piled in to the car at 2 pm and headed out to the mainland.

    I dropped off mother in law and difficult child 3 and headed to my doctor appointment. Got there to find a crowded waiting room so I took ten minutes out and got some grocery shopping done. Got back to only a five minute wait. I LIKE using waiting time efficiently!

    After my doctor's appointment I headed back to the mall and collected mother in law & difficult child 3. We got to drama class in plenty of time, dropped difficult child 3 off and then bought our meat from the butcher. Back to the class to sit and chat for half an hour or so, then we headed to our restaurant. As usual difficult child 3 wanted money for pizza, he took himself off to buy it while mother in law did the last of our grocery shopping while we waited for husband to arrive on the train. Again - using waiting time to good purpose.

    husband finally arrived so we headed in to the restaurant and after our busy day, enjoyed a lovely dinner together. I know it sounds like we had a horrendously busy day, but all these places are very close to one another - our last bit of shopping was done right next door to the restaurant.

    My X-ray results - I do not have a frozen shoulder. But it is still painful. The radiology advice was, "organise physiotherapy, put the patient on NSAIDS to deal with the inflammation/impingement and if that doesn't work, order ultrasound-guided steroid injection."
    I've been on physio already, this is as good as I can get even with physio. I can't take NSAIDS, so the injection has been organised for Thursday.

    So Thursday is filling up fast. I got a reminder in the mail today - my fasting bloods are due again. So I'll get those done on the way out on Thursday, then husband & I see the pain specialist at 9 am. From there we go to the radiology clinic (thankfully only a kilometre away from the pain specialist) and I get my first (long) appointment, MRI, photos, the lot. Breast care nurse, research trial... busy. They haven't mentioned the tiny tattoos which other friends have told me to expect, so maybe there's a new technique now. But if tattoos are still done for radiation therapy for breast cancer, Thursday is when I get them.
    And if we finish there in time, I'll head to the X-ray place near our local mall and get the cortisone shot into the shoulder. Here's hoping I get at least a few days' relief.
    After that I have an appointment with my neurologist. And it will still only be mid-afternoon!

    Thankfully husband will be with me. Because if I had to do all that driving, I'd be wrecked!

    So tomorrow (Wednesday) I will rest as much as I can, to build up my reserves for Thursday.

    Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone.