Good Tuesday Morning!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning All :salute:

Another hot and humid day here in the south...what's new...at least we have had some rain the last couple days...on the way to the 100 degree mark for the week :hot:

I'll be at the office most of the day today. Tonight I'm having three over for dinner - it will be a late one since easy child will join us after work and she doesn't get off until 8:30. Our schedule will be more European as we won't eat until 9! I made a huge pot of spagetti sauce from scratch yesterday - been years since I've don't that. But I'm dong the GI thing so I wanted to control what went in the sauce! A large tossed salad on the side and dinner is done!

My sciatica is definitely improving - although it's remained about the same the last three days but there is no acute pain, just dull ache. I've got five more days to mend before our beach trip......

Hope your Tuesday is a good one - stay cool :peaceful:

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning Sharon, glad to hear that your pain has reduced to a dull ache. The beach is calling your name. Dinner with friends tonight sounds like a fun summer thing to do.
The heat is a little more bearable than June and 1/2 of July. We have had some rain almost every day. The tomatoes are loving it. LOL. Now, I have to figure out a better way to keep
all the critters out of the garden. They have chewed through the thinner fencing to munch on plant leaves.
difficult child returned from his weekend away. He had a good time. I sure wish he was closer to his friends. It's a lonely life here despite social groups and attempts to get guys to hang out.
We will move forward and keep applying for jobs but not much for someone with little experience. He can't apply for anything since some jobs are just a recipe for disaster. (like McD's)
It has to happen eventually doesn't it?
I woke up with a headache. Hopefully some caffeine and an Advil will nip it in the bud.
Have a happy morning.

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- I'm glad you're on the mend... hopefully you'll continue to improve. :thumbsup:

Fran- I hope the headache is gone by now. :)

I have to get Duckie up and moving so we can go to my weight watchers meeting. She's still tired from last weekend and her first play rehearsal last night. It looks like it'll be a cute production. Other than that... Duckie has vacation bible school this evening and we will try to find a small fire pit for the back yard. :beach:

Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends!

Sharon-So glad your down to a dull ache-hope even the dull ache is gone soon. Enjoy dinner with your friends. Homemade tomato sauce sounds delicious. I haven't done that in a very long time either!

Fran-Hope your headache is gone. So glad to hear difficult child enjoyed his visit with his friends! It must be hard for him with them living so far away. I'm glad your tomatoes are doing well. I'm very bummed that I didn't get mine planted this year! Oh well, there's always next year.

TM-Enjoy your day. A fire pit sounds perfect! We have thought about getting one for our yard.

husband and I went to see "Inception" last night with our niece and her husband. I thought it was good in parts but the others really liked it a lot.

Leaving in a bit to drop easy child/difficult child off at summer school and husband will take difficult child to a therapist appointment and then to camp.

I'm hoping to finish my book today!:reading:

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone!

Sharon, it's good to hear that your pain is improving. It sounds like you know the ways to treat it. Your planned dinner sounds yummy. We usually eat later in the evening as well. It takes the early evening pressure off...

Fran, good luck keeping the critters out of the garden. The squirrels here like to take a nibble out of one tomato and then move on to the next. Arggh..
I think it is wonderful that difficult child had a weekend with his friends! No question about it. Job hunting is a bear right now. I wish difficult child luck in his search, and I know exactly what you mean about the job needing to be just the right kind of job.

TM, it sounds like you have a very full day and evening ahead. Hope the WW meeting goes well.

It looks like we are in for another sunny, steamy day here - just a typical July day. It's primary voting day here, and difficult child and husband just went off to vote today on their way to work. I'm so proud of difficult child, he spent some time last night studying the election guide with me. This is his second time voting, and he takes it seriously. I'm going to wait till later in the afternoon, when the lines aren't so long.

We finally got a "good call" from easy child. He was staying at a hostel along the AT trying to recover from Lyme Disease. He started feeling better on his third day of antibiotics and got back on the trail, gradually working on improving his speed. He's passed over into Pennsylvania now, and I'm much less worried about him. It doesn't help that he and his girlfriend just broke up. When it rains, it pours!

I'm in for a nice , cool day inside , teleworking. I just love working at home - it's so much less stressful. I hope to go the Y for a mid-day workout.

Everyone have a peaceful day, work in some quiet moments just for yourselves!

Valerie

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning all! Another day at the office, in cool AC. My house is like an oven this morning.

easy child is moving out August 1st - bittersweet for me and I think she's having a hard time with the fact that we're not upset about it. LOL.

difficult child is going to see our reg doctor to get Chantix. She's almost ready to quit smoking, yeah!

Have a great one!