Good Tuesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

We're starting off very cold this morning at 11 degrees with a windchill of minus one! Marg-I'm hoping it's warm and sunny by you because it always makes me feel better to hear that you are enjoying the beach!!

Just a regular day ahead of work and maybe getting to the health club. I went back to boot camp yesterday after a week off due to husband not feeling well. Let's say it was a great workout but I'm very sore this morning!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:rudolph:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, we've the same weather here. Have a good day @ work.

Nothing much (maybe too much to mention) going on here in tweedleland. My home phone line is dead & here I thought I was having a few quiet days. Nope ~ got online to check messages & there were 15 or more.

Lenny is going in for neutering this morning; I'm off to the grocery store for a few necessities after that. Will pick him up around 5:30 this afternoon - a sore little boy, I mean "it". :)

Have a good day friends.

Marguerite

G'day people.

Sharon/WO, it sounds really cold where you are. I hope your boot camp is indoors - I can't imagine what it would be like having to work out in such cold weather! I'd have on so many layers of warm clothes, my body wouldn't bend.

Linda, poor Lenny. He will still be a boy. Just unable to do anything about it.

I didn't get to the beach today but I did go visit a friend I needed to catch up with. It was hot and sunny today (not too hot) and the beach would have been good, but I needed to keep difficult child 3's nose to the grindstone when I got back. My only beach time would have been when I was at my friend's. i had to make a choice. But I still got plenty of sun. As for the b each - maybe tomorrow.

Today was when the Oprah audience arrived in Sydney. I'm glad we had summer summer weather for them. I don't know what their itinerary is. It would be sensible for them to have a couple of quiet days just getting used to the time zone, but I suspect that's not going to happen. The hotel is brilliantly located - a short walk from anywhere important in the city. difficult child 3's school is only five minutes' walk away, but we're not due back there until Friday - difficult child 3's class end of year presentation.

If you know anyone on that tour, they will be having a ball. Right over the road is Sydney's Botanic Gardens. About now they will be able to see the city's bats (Flying Foxes) taking off and going in search of fruit to eat. Well, maybe two hours ago. The Opera House (sorry - Oprah House!) will be lit up and welcoming, about two minutes' walk away. The Harbour - a minute away. Lots of ferries to take you on a very cheap tour of the place. I'm betting a Harbour cruise is on the agenda. I've been told a Bridge climb definitely is! The Rocks (the site of the original Sydney Cove settlement) is five minutes away in the opposite direction to the gardens and difficult child 3's school. There are a thousand good restaurants and cafes in the area covering a wide range of cuisines. Street theatre, buskers, lots of wonderful shops - it's all there. It's one of my favourite parts of Sydney. The Mitchell Library is worth a visit, and so is the Art Gallery (through the Botanic Gardens). difficult child 3's school is on the other side of the Art Gallery.

I hope they're all having fun.

Marg

H

HaoZi

More cold here, starting off with a 2 hour delay that I hope doesn't turn into a cancellation. Kiddo is up early and working on her homework some more. This one involves her taking notes on a story, so we're going through the story yet again. I think I end up with more homework than she does at times, and I've been out of school for years.

Hope you ladies are having a nice day!

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Sharon (WO), Compared to the weather you're having, it's a "balmy" 25 degrees here, lol...!!! Glad you made it to the club.

Linda, It's nice to "see" you this morning. Hope it doesn't take Lenny long to recover from his vet experience this morning! Hope all stays quiet in "tweedleland!!!"

Marg, Sydney sounds like an absolutely fantastic place to visit!!! If husband and I are ever fortunate enough to be able to do some serious traveling, we are both in agreement that Australia is on the top of our list!!! Hope you get some beach time in tomorrow...

HaoZi, Keeping my fingers crossed school is in session today!!! In spite of the delay, hope you manage to have a good day!!! STAY WARM!!!

difficult child 2 and his life coach went to a store where I frequently shop yesterday afternoon. difficult child 2 was very excited when he handed me a sheet of coupons he picked up there - Said he thought I could use them. Too bad they're expired, lol...!!!:hammer: At least he understands the value of shopping with coupons...

I'm so happy difficult child 2 is finally able to walk from the high school to the library on his own. It makes such a big difference now that I don't have to worry about being at the high school to pick him up every day. I can even call him last minute (even though he still isn't happy about this) and have him walk to the library if something comes up in the afternoon that I need/want to do. Not being on such a rigid schedule with difficult child 2 almost makes me feel like a "free" woman, lol...!!!:jumphappy:

As always, hope everyone has a good day... SFR

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning ladies,

Tough morning here - very cold and my mom is not settling in as well as we had hoped. She seemed okay but the last two days she's not been feeling well, has been very uncooperative and seems fairly depressed. I'm worried about her - there are some other health matters and we're addressing them, but it still just keeps me up at night worrying. I just wish God would take her already. I know that sounds horrible to say, but at 88, two marriages and a large loving family, I think she's had a full life and she wouldn't want to live like this.

So, on that depressing note (sorry), I hope you all have a good day. Marg enjoy your warmer weather and the rest of us - stay warm! Puppy hugs to Lenny, poor little guy.