Good Tuesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

We are supposed to have sunshine and 60 today-a perfect Fall day :autumn: Just the usual here today-work and the health club. :treadmill:I'm feeling might tired this morning so I'm hoping to sneak in a bit more sleep! :sleeping:

Instead of working today I'd like to be sitting on the beach on an island somewhere reading a good book :reading: . What would you rather be doing today (that is unless you are already doing what you'd like to be doing)?

I hope everyone has a peaceful day and finds reasons to smile! :ghost:

LittleDudesMom

:coffee: Good Tuesday Sharon and all to follow!

Hey Sharon, I would always rather be sitting on the beach!! :smile: Although, I could also go for sitting by the fire in the middle of a snow storm, sipping brandy with Raoul by my side :nonono:

I'll be at the office this morning. If things are looking good, I'll slip out with enough time to hit one of our local craft stores and look for a new fall wreath :autumn:.

It's still warm here - right now it's the same temp Sharon had yesterday! However, they assure us we will return to more fall temps by thursday :ghost: :vampire: :frankenstein:

Wishing everyone a great day :jack:

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, I'd rather be out on the golf course with a my sisters & SILs or a few good friends. It looks to be a good day to golf.

Sharon, or a day at the beach doesn't sound bad either.

Rather today is a day of household chores & physical therapy. Gotta do that PT to golf.

I did a watercolor painting of an Eastern Water dragon for wm yesterday - he loves these kind of things. Not sure that it works with watercolor though. husband feels I should do it again in acrylics - it would be much cooler for a boys room. I've never worked with acrylic paints. I'll see.

Enjoy your Tuesday - I hope it's safe, calm & you feel the love of family in your home.

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.

Sharon I, why don't you make a virtual visit to our 'island'? Today was a lovely day for lying around on the beach reading a book, although tomorrow some times the rain will begin - a few drops at least, we've been promised.

Sharon II, what are you going to decorate your wreath with? I'm going to plan ahead for Christmas this year and maybe make something with shells. I've collected a lot over the years.

Linda, what sort of Eastern Water Dragon? One of ours? difficult child 3 has been commenting on how many of these "weird lizards" he's seen on his walks. We have another smaller related lizard called a jacky lizard. Lots of both on the headland.

What a day today! No chance for beach, I was rushing around trying to organise doctor's appointments for kids. I've finally got easy child 2/difficult child 2 an appointment with the gynaecologist and she's worried about taking a few hours off college. She's got a cancellation, if she refuses it she may not see the guy until next year and I'm really concerned - abnormal cells in the Pap smear. I've also been ringing college to try to square away her taking a couple of hours off.
Then I tried to get an appointment for difficult child 1 (he woke with conjunctivitis). No local doctor (again). So I rang the GP we've been increasingly seeing, got an appointment for difficult child 1 and was then asked, "Did easy child 2/difficult child 2 get our message yesterday? Doctor wants to see her urgently." Sounds like MORE test results have come back abnormal. I finally got her an appointment for tomorrow morning.
BF2 was home today - more dental problems. He's seeing the dentist tomorrow (probably another extraction - I'm not happy about this).
Lunchtime class - we got overloaded. Not enough chess sets, not enough chairs. Most of them beginners with no clue, but all of them enthusiastic. I worked up a sweat, just trying to play chess!
Then time for difficult child 3's drama class - a drive to the mainland. difficult child 1 came along for his doctor's appointment. We got to drama to find a classmate had taken a tumble and gashed her leg badly. This is a drama class for kids with disabilities, so they're difficult children, all. The girl with the gash (a bad one) was white and in shock, her best friend was in hysterics and people were trying to drag her away from the blood, another mother was calling the ambulance while the injured girl's mother was desperately applying pressure. The ambulance took about fifteen minutes to arrive, during which time I got the hysterical friend to help me make lots of cold compresses in the bathroom for her friend's forehead. Meanwhile I talked to her to reassure her.
The ambulance arrived and the friend's mother dragged her daughter away, which triggered wilder hysterics. (A mistake to pull her away at that stage, I think - she needed to see her friend was being looked after). The ambulance men said, "Why the tears?" and the girl sobbed, "Because she's my bestest friend in the whole wide world."
Meanwhile the drama teacher was inside, trying to run her class, with difficult child 3 wanting to keep checking on things and probably obsessing about proper first aid procedures (he's memorised the book). Other kids upset by blood.

I drove difficult child 1 to the doctor, almost tossed him out of the car because I had run out of time to get things done.
Once the ambulance collected the girl (and her entire family) another parent & I cleaned off as much blood as we could to avoid the older students getting upset - they were about to arrive.

After that I had to get a small amount of shopping done then drive to collect difficult child 1 from the doctor. We went back to the station, waited for husband while difficult child 1 got his prescription filled, then drove home.

Tonight I'm waiting for my fire outside to die down a bit so I can roast some tomatoes and make my southern alps roasted tomato relish - barbecue version. I'm still developing it and it's a dead night on TV.

Sitting by the fire outside is relaxing. I need to relax. Breathe...

Enjoy your Tuesday. I hope yours is calmer than mine.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all. It's a glorious day with not much sign of more rain or a dip in temps. It is beautiful,I must say.

difficult child made it to his friends in Long Island. He and easy child took the train. An adventure of sorts. Sounds like they really enjoyed it. difficult child will visit with friends and have a Halloween party. easy child will go to school. I was glad to see them doing something together again.

Wiped out, I would love to be at the beach place or even in this house with leisure time, husband, good food and good conversation. Anywhere that encourages calm works for me.

Hope you have a good day. I'm going to be opening more boxes. :hammer:

Marguerite

Linda, that's a great photo - try and get hold of one that shows the tail, as well - they have an amazingly long tail. Any lizard in the Agamid family does, actually.

Chrissy

Good Morning all.

It is really rainy and dreary today so I don't think we will be doing anything. I do need to buy some milk though. I sure could use a cow in my back yard,lol.

I didn't sleep well again, but hey that is nothing new here. Zack got up and got ready without any fights today ( a good sign). I hope he has a good day and comes home happy.

Catch you all later.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning all.

difficult child came to work with me today so she could walk to local places and apply for a job (some more).

The weatherwoman said 'rain' but the sun keeps popping through. Maybe it will hold off till later, I hope.

Big meetings at my office all day, ugh. I have to be nice. Haha!

Have a great day all!

Laelee

Good Morning All:)
I'm just enjoying my last cip o joe before starting
school with the girl child. We're supposed to get up to +20C today,wooohoo! That's great for October..
Have a great day!