Good Tuesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

It's chilly here this morning-just 15 degrees. :cold: They are predicting another 2-4 inches of snow late this afternoon-it's supposed to be the light fluffy stuff rather than the heavy, wet stuff we just received. That on top of the icy roads we still have will make for some interesting driving. easy child will not be happy to have to miss her club today after school but if it is snowing we are heading home early.

Tonight difficult child has wrestling-if the weather isn't too bad and I really need to go to the health club. Last night we just didn't get there so hopefully tonight we will. :treadmill:

I hope everyone's difficult children lets them enjoy a peaceful day. :snowman:

happymomof2

Good Morning, chilly here as well this morning but nowhere near 15 degrees.

I am relatively new to this site - where do all of you get those adorable smiley's?

Hope everyone has a great day.

Marguerite

G'day Sharon, and all to follow.

Fifteen degrees - that's colder than I've ever been! And at that temperature, it darn well SHOULD be the light fluffy snow, how on earth can it get warm enough to turn into ice? I hope you've got your snow tyres on the car. Looking at the little figure on the treadmill - if the roads are that icy, do you NEED to get to the health club? Surely walking on ice is much the same?

difficult child 3 & I had a day in Sydney at the Maritime Museum for a school excursion to see Ótzi, the ice mummy. Fascinating. I managed the place on my mobility scooter, caught the train to the city and back with the scooter and then did some shopping before difficult child 3's drama class.
Another big afternoon/evening storm - the Sydney southerly buster is back, but not much rain in it for us. Yesterday the storm drenched the city but barely a splash for us. It's a warm rain, no raincoats or umbrellas needed because after the heat of the day we just want to cool off. Afterwards you can see the steam rising from the roads, and the bushland. The smell of damp bushland is pure heaven, I wish we had more of it.
The news tonight - the wheat crop is a disaster, the rice crop is vastly reduced. Australia is going to have to import the foods we used to export. Crops are failing because expected rains just don't turn up. Even forecast rain - the clouds may form, rumble overhead but nothing falls.

A quiet day tomorrow, thank goodness, although difficult child 3 is going to have to complete a lot of work so we can take it in to school on Thursday - a NASA excursion. Satellite link for the top students, difficult child 3 has done well enough to get an invitation. And as his home supervisor, I get to go too! Wacko! Bewdy bottler, for a typical Aussie expression of delight.

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone. I'm sitting here, a small grease spot in a puddle of sweat, carrying a towel wherever I go. Crikey, it's hot here!

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:snowman: Good Morning Sharon and all to follow :snowman:

:cold: Sounds cold Sharon! We are about double your temps. Hope the weather doesn't change your schedule up too much.

All my wrapping is done :xgift:! But, I realized I need one more thing for easy child and one thing for mother in law. I picked her up something cool from that movie sale I went back to a couple months ago, but I need to get her a little something personal. Other than that, all the shopping and wrapping is done! The kids' teachers will be getting packages of fudge and cookies :gingerbread: and I have already starting the making and baking.

Need to hit Cosco before the office today. I'm hoping your day is not overscheduled or overstressing. Have a good one :sled:

Happymom and Marg - you guys snuck in while I was typing!

Happymom, when you are typing your post (you must hit the reply button not the quickreply), look above the text box and you will see a smiley face. Click on that and all the little gremlins will appear. Click on the one you want.

Marg, when easy child was younger she was obsessed with the ice mummy!

Sharon

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Sharon - hope your day goes as planned. I would much rather have the light fluffy snow than the ice we got over the weekend. Hope not too many things have to be cancelled and if they do I hope everyone cooperates.

Happy - hope you have a good day.

Marg - the amount of things that fill your day always just blows me away. Glad difficult child will get to go to something special.

Sharon - I still can't believe you have all the presents etc done. I am just excited I have almost all my cards mailed. Only 14 left and those are the ones the addresses have seemed to walk away for. I don't understand how that happens year to year.

Again I will be trying to get some things done around the house. Work on some "homework" from several places. Maybe get my candy made that I had to post pone last week. We shall see. Then tonight to church for a class.

Hope everyone to follow has a good day.

Beth

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, the snow is already starting here - I expect you'll see it later on this morning. Hope difficult child gets out to wrestling & can burn off some steam tonight.

happy, hope your day goes smoothly.

Sharon, I've yet to start any holiday shopping. My list is ready - just have to get online once husband gets paid this week. Happily, my list is relatively short this year.

Beth, candy, hmmmmmm...... I have a recipe for fudge that my mother made each year - takes something like 4 types of chocolate. May have to dig that out for a holiday project for kt & PCA to work on tomorrow.

Nothing scheduled today other than a quick run to the pharmacy to pick up kt's medications for the month. Being that my pharmacy is in Target I'll pick up any pop that's on sale, a few paper & cleaning products (Fran I use Target for those items), salt for the sidewalks & seed for my bird feeders.

I'm about to put a chicken stew in the crockpot to cook all day. Should taste good come dinner time with 5 inches of newly fallen snow on the ground (at least that's what's being predicted).

Have a calm day all - hope all your difficult children are on their best behaviors & you accomplish all you set out to do today.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning on this chilly morning!!

Sharon - stay warm! I think we're at about 25 degrees this morning.

Happymom - press the reply button when you want to post and in the upper right hand corner you will see a smiley face. Click on it and a drop down box will show you all the smileys.

Marg - enjoy your quiet day.

Sharon, I cannot believe you are done wrapping, I feel SO behind!!

Beth - have a nice day making candy, that sounds yummy.

Linda, have a relaxing, pain free day. The chicken stew sounds oh so yummy. I have some chicken...hmmm...

I am feeling miserable today physically. I have a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), which turned into a yeast thing (ew) and then on top of that Aunt Flo showed up, my shoulder and back have a pulled muscle and I can't seem to get to sleep before midnight and then I'm up at 6:30 for work. I'm beat. I just want to come home at the end of the day and get into fleecey pants and curl up on the couch and watch mindless television - something I NEVER do.

It's freezing weather here again today but difficult child is hitting the pavement for a job. She has an application in at 2 banks for a bank teller - I'm really hoping one of these goes through. That would be perfect, no nights or Sundays. And the stalker can't hang around a bank all day, right?? Please keep a good thought for us today. Thanks!

Hope you all have a lovely, warm day. And hello to anyone who follows~♥