Good Wednesday morning, friends.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:coffee: it's almost too early for the hmj to be brewing however I believe I'm up for the rest of the night. Might as well start getting a few things accomplished now & I can nap later before kt gets home from school. :bloodshot:

I have one last doctor appointment today & that's it until the end of the year. Hopefully by then we'll know the date for Mayo Clinic - keep your fingers crossed.

Our dog Sally seems to have a cold - she's sounding bad this morning. I think I may end up taking her in to the vet. She's almost 13 y/o & a good old girl. Want to keep her going for as long as possible. :cool-dog:

Really not much other than getting finished (started???? :nonono: not really :smile:) with holiday stuff. A few tweedle gifts to pick up & wrap. On the lookout for a tabletop Christmas tree this year. For the life of me, I can't remember where I stored the ornaments last year (not in the usual spot :slap:) . I'll pick up a box for this year & figure it out when I take down the decorations after the first of the year. No biggie to me - everyone else here is panicking. Geez - get a grip! :smile:

Enjoy your Wednesday. I hope your day is calm & your difficult children are cooperative & meltdown free.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Crossing my fingers, rattling beads that the mayo appointment is set soon!!! I hope your dog is feeling better soon. Last week ours went almost a whole week with barely eating or drinking. I was all set to bring her to the vet last Saturday when whatever was bothering her went away :pet: I hope you find your table top tree today!

I never did make it to the club last night. It was around 9:00 before difficult child fell asleep and I had cards to address and presents to wrap! Today after school I will definitely be going to the health club! :smile: I was very excited yesterday when I stepped on the scale to see I had reached a mark I haven't seen in a long time!

After the club not much planned-maybe take difficult child or easy child shopping for one more gift for husband. Maybe, I'll just hang out and read. I'm enjoying my new book, The Space Between Us. :reading:

I hope everyone enjoys a day where there are many reasons for smiles and laughter :rudolph:

Marguerite

G'day Linda, and all to follow.

I hope your dog is OK, it's a bad time of year with the weather you're getting, especially for an older dog.

If you can't find a table top Christmas tree, you can always manage - I'll look out some ideas for you. Usually involving polystyrene foam, oasis or similar. Or you could always do a small version of the original idea - just bringing in some greenery from some sort of evergreen tree, to brighten up the house midwinter. Or just a block of oasis as a base for a floral arrangement (using what you've got) and arranged into a sort of conifer shape in miniature, as a table centrepiece. It will be a one-off, for sure.
Another one I've seen - use small apples, pears or similar small colourful fruit (miniatures work well but not stone fruit, the stone gets in the way) and poke a wooden skewer into each small apple or pear, then push them into the oasis to form a tree shape with the fruit. An edible centrepiece!
Or for my favourite - arrange chocolate truffles into a tree shape as a table centrepiece. Definitely edible! Doesn't work well for us, Christmas Day is too warm and the chocolate gets too soft.

We had a busy day today. The kids saw the pediatrician for the 6 month check-up. The doctor seemed to be in a cheeky mood, unless it was my kids setting him off. The doctor was teasing me, most of the time (although he was serious when we needed to be). He ended up talking to me in Hebrew then pretending to be surprised when I didn't understand Hebrew. "I'm not perfect," I told him.
"You aren't?" he replied, eyebrows raised.
"Cheeky!" I muttered.
"You or me?" he asked.
He's changed difficult child 3 over to Concerta, we try it tomorrow. Two more days of difficult child 3 doing schoolwork, so I can see how he goes on a normal school day.

Then I had to drop our medical files over to our new primary GP (SHE got a shock - not expecting it, and certainly not expecting us to be carrying our own files) then on to do more shopping, and finally home to collapse.

BF2 has a crisis suddenly to deal with which is upsetting easy child 2/difficult child 2 - his car registration has expired. This means it should not be driven until this is sorted. To get the situation resolved could take a lot of time and money which we're hoping some fast intervention in the morning (BF2 dealing with paperwork, plus me organising an emergency registration inspection) can fix things. Not his fault, more his father's.

Never a dull moment in the Marg household!

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning :skate: Christmas elves. We are frosty here but not as bad as yesterday.
We are in the throes of preparations as most of you are. My easy child arrives home tomorrow morning. We are all excited to have some time together before in laws arrive on Sat.
The pups are going to get a major scrub down today so they smell sweet for Santa. They are way too big for me to manage in the shower.

Linda, hope Sally feels better soon and same for you.

Sharon, congrats on the scale telling you good stuff. My hat's off to you.

Marguerite, sounds like a fun Dr. visit. I know what you mean about registrations expiring and insurance. It's a never ending cycle of catch up around here.

difficult child is doing ok but little is asked of him. Sigh. I'll save that for another post.

Hope your day is a good one.

LittleDudesMom

:xmasdancers: Good Middle of the Week :xmasdancers:

Linda, why don't you get a prelit, predecoated tree for the table top. My mother actually has a couple that she places in the living room, family room and dining room! They really are lovely and then next year, when you set up the big tree, the small one can go in another room. That way you don't have to buy ornaments or lights :xmasdec: Don't overdue today - hugs.

Sharon, congrats on the scale reading!!!!! What an accomplishment this time of the year! I finally got my Christmas cards out yesterday as well. I had been waiting to get a picture of the kids in front of the tree to stick in the envelopes, but something always came up! Yesterday morning before school, easy child just grabbed my camera and her brother and sat down in front of the tree and took their own pics by holding the camera out in front of them!!!! So, I used it, the are in the mail :sled: Done!

Marg, hope bf2 gets the car mess straightened out. You say "kids" saw the peddoc, around here most kids stop seeing peddoc by at least 18 and go to a "regular" doctor. Hope your evening is relaxing :bath: and tomorrow is not so hectic!

My cousin, the children, and I had a wonderful dinner at our favorite Japaneese Steak House. It is one place I know I can sit down, have a nice cocktail and a great meal and difficult child will be happy and pleasant the entire time! After dinner, we went to a very exclusive area of town and looked at the homes. Not much color, mostly white lights - very tasteful and conservative - but the homes - I'm talking huge brick Georgians, Tudors and such that are, at the minimum, 6,000 plus square feet. Even though I like the "tacky tour" at Christmas, I enjoy looking at these homes as well.

difficult child is "free" from school until after the New Year (those are his words) :xmasdancers:. easy child will be getting off at noon today then we will head to the beach to see the light display and kick off the Christmas Holiday! I'll take my laptop with me, but we'll be back by noon tomorrow since I still have payroll and tomorrow is also bonus day. Have to sit down with bonehead and discuss amounts for each employee tomorrow. They will get their paychecks and bonus envelopes on Friday and be off until the 3rd. Gives me a break as well!

Wishing everyone a productive but nonstressful day :rudolph:

Sharon

happymomof2

Good Morning Everyone,
A little warmer here today looks like it might rain. Typical Florida winter. Warms up, Rains, Gets Cold.

easy child wants me to come have lunch with her today. Hopefully I can run through McD's to get us something - cafeteria food :thumbsdown:
Hope it's warm enough to eat outside - right now my nerves can't handle actually eating in the cafeteria with over 100 very loud kids.

Have appointment for myself with Hospice bereavement counselor today. Sure hope she can help me get a grip. I have lost 5 lbs, all that is good and fine because I wanted to lose 10 but not this way!

Turning in sons school work today for the last 2 weeks. He's done! and I am soooooo glad. :whew:

Called the school yesterday and since the adjudication was withheld he will get to go back to his regular school after the Christmas break. I am praying he also gets a grip and doesn't get into trouble. He has had a taste of what home school would be like and he doesn't like or want it.

Hope all of you have a meltdown free day!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Good Hump Day Everyone!

I'm sitting here chugging coffee in an attempt to stay awake. :coffee: Picking up Travis from work so early in the morning with my chronic insomnia is killing me. I keep hoping I'll get used to it and start falling alseep before 3 am. :rolleyes:

Today is going to be a busy one, which is why I need the early start. Laundry and cleaning this morning. Nichole and easy child will be fixing up Rowdy's kennel with bales of hay. They spent the morning yesterday cleaning it out for him. Poor old dog, it's a nice xmas gift for him.

Off to mother in law's to celebrate her 94th birthday. Then on to Darrin Christmas pageant at the pre-school this evening. Ought to be adorable watching all those 3 yr olds singing xmas songs. lol

Then tomorrow more cleaning, wrapping presents (why do I always put it off?), and I have to take my friend in for surgery. Fri and Sat will be cookie baking days. Busy Busy Busy. lol

Hope everyone has a meltdown free and pleasant hump day!

Hugs

:elf: