Good Wednesday morning, my friends.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm up too early - sleep patterns are way messed up. I'm off to the doctor today to discuss one of the factors in my sleep - the prednisone. We are to begin tapering it down dose wise & discontinuing this medication all together.

I'm so very happy :smile: - while this medication can be a life saver, it's heck on the system long term.

We've gone from a/c weather on Sunday & Monday to the need for the furnace to be running this very early morning.

kt & her PCA are off to the humane society after school to walk the dogs & help clean the kennels. (kt hates that last part :thumbsdown: )

Enjoy your day - hope it's calm. Remember to breath deeply & give your loved ones a hug as they leave for the day.

Marguerite

G'day Linda, and all to follow.

Linda, I'm glad you're getting off the prednisone. It's been a while and it's not good for your bones. Maybe it will help you get more sleep.

easy child 2/difficult child 2 got a clean scan today - her abdominal ultrasound was NAD. So whatever is causing the ongoing spotting sounds like it's hormonal. No tantrum so far tonight. I'm exhausted, from walking the length of the suburban Chinatown twice, but difficult child 1 carried my bags back to the car for me (lovely boy). It's amusing seeing the way people react to him in a shopping mall - he was walking along, black bandanna over waist-length hair, black sunglasses, large black and metal biker boots and heavy overcoat as if from "The Matrix" and he sees a baby drop its bottle. He picks it up, hands it to the mother politely, and moves on. The mother stands open-mouthed, wondering what THAT was. Grateful, but still wondering. The Aspie in him means he forgets to smile, he's mostly expressionless.

I did buy some barbecued pork belly AND some custard tarts, but I also got talked into buying a barbecued quail. The kids won't try it, even though it's tasty. I'm still very tired despite an afternoon nap, I'm wondering what to do about dinner tonight. I had planned another stir-fry with all my freshly-purchased ingredients, but I don't know where to start. husband will be home in a few minutes (with BF2) so I'll ask him then. meanwhile I can at least cut up some meat, even if I re-freeze it.

Tomorrow is my washing day, my cooking day and also tomorrow the Dept of Health are making a personal call to collect that rat molar we found in a shop-bought lasagne two weeks ago. I need to print the photos...

Life in our household is never dull!

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:ghost: :jack: :frankenstein: Good Wednesday Morning Linda, Marg and all to follow......

Linda, hope you do get off the predisone - it's so necessary in many cases, but a difficult drug because of all the side effects. Hope the weaning goes well and you go back to a more traditional sleep pattern.

Marg, PLEASE don't share those pics here :picture: :surprise:!!!!! Neat description of your son and folk's reaction to him - I remember when my brother was here in college and was a real Punk - he used to get such looks! But he was the most sensative, sweetest boy :pet: Great lessons in not judging a book by a cover huh?

I was totally pleased with difficult child and his homeowrk last night. He had a lot. The math teacher made an announcement on the pa in the afternoon about a last minute homework assignment (he usually has two days for his homework since he's on an even/odd block schedule) due tomorrow. He finished a report for his tech class on Henry Ford, did 30 LCM problems (the most impressive), and completed little booklet comparing the Native Americans and his family - complete with pictures! There were no complaints even though he worked for just about 2 hours :geek:! Now that is a mommy brag!

easy child going in early this morning - her DECA club is having a bake sale and she made blue and gold cupcakes last night :lipstick:!!!

Me, well, Wednesday is house day. Got some laundry to do and a few errands. Should be a smooth one.

Wishing everyone a great day. Smile :smile:

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-I'm glad to hear the Prednisone will be tapered off, now I hope you'll be sleeping more regular hours! I'm with-kt. I would hate cleaning the kennels too! :goo:

Marguerite-I'm glad there have been no tantrums so far. I love the picture you paint of difficult child 1. :smile:

Sharon-Great for difficult child and his homework! :bravo:How cool that easy child made the blue and yellow cupcakes for DECA. Way back when I was in high school I was in DECA too. I was a state officer and really loved it. In fact, my first career I was a marketing teacher and ran a DECA club. :smile:

Book club was fun last night.

I've already got my workout in for the day! Weights and cardio. After school is going to be really busy. easy child has stuff, I have to run quick to the mall, and I may or may not attend a meeting about possibly adding another part time job to my schedule-teaching a master's level program.

Gotta run, WWIII is breaking out with the kids right now. :sword:

I hope everyone has a peaceful day and finds reason to smile. :flower: Hi if you snuck in! :ghost:

Good Morning Everyone :coffee:,

I'm in a major RUSH this morning so if I forget anyone, I'm sorry!

Linda, I'm glad you're getting off prednisone. I've only had to take it for two weeks straight once and that was enough!!! I think it's great that kt is volunteering at the local humane society.

Marg, I'm so happy easy child 2/difficult child 2 is ok!!! A rat molar in lasagna - How disgusting!!! I don't think I'll eating Italian food any time this week!!!

Sharon, It's great that difficult child did all of his homework without any problems. easy child's cupcakes sound good right about now!!!

Sharon, I hope WWIII is very short-lived!!! I think working out in the morning is alot easier than at night. You're always so BUSY!!! Make sure you get in a bit of quiet time for yourself.

Well, I've got to go - An early a.m. meeting, followed by a trip to the vet, followed by another meeting, followed by a trip to the SPED department, etc... I need a gallon of :coffee:!!!

Hope eveyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... :flower: :autumn: WFEN :goo: :ghost: :frankenstein: :autumn: (I LOVE this season!!! :autumn:)

mum2JK&TH

Good morning everyone! My head is spinning today (see Watercooler, I could use all the opinions I can get) but all is good. We were away for a hockey tournament with difficult child this weekend (our thanksgiving here) and I'm trying to get caught up with life, lol! He played amazing and is feeling pretty good about himself.

Today I hopefully will finish getting caught up. difficult child has hockey again tonight and our hockey team (the Sens) play so that's our plans.

It's another rainy day so not much can be done outside.

Happy Wednesday everyone!