Good Wednesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

I had a very nice evening last night. husband and I went out for dinner while easy child watched difficult child. We then headed to the bookstore (I didn't make it there the other day). By the time we came home, a bit after 8, difficult child was sleeping. I was in bed by 9:15! Other than the fact that I missed the health club for the second day in a row it was such a relaxing night!

I have an initial IEP at work today for a student and after work have to get easy child to the pediatrician by 4:00. I can't imagine how we'll get there on time but we'll try!

I am truly needing to get to the club tonight after two nights off and not a healthy, but delicious, dinner last night!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:flowers:

jannie

trying to survive....
Good Morning All

Sharon--It's so nice to hear that easy child and difficult child can stay home together while you and husband get a night out...and to think difficult child was asleep when you got home !! I hope you can find time for your workout tonight.

As usual today is jam packed...both of the boys have appointments with their therapists...I just hope all of this running around make a difference. However, difficult child 2 certainly is in great need these days of help....

I have one more week left to finish the on-line graduate course I'm currently taking. I will be very happy when it's over because it's been pretty busy taking a class on top of working full time....

I hope everyone has a delightful day...

LittleDudesMom

:lady:Good Wednesday Morning Everyone!!!!

Sharon, wonderful that you and husband got to spend the evening together. I love browsing the bookstore with a cup of coffee! I wouldn't feel guilty about not getting to the gym; sometimes our emotional health and our relationship health takes priority! Hope you fit everything in today :beautiful-female:!

Jannie, all that running - hopefully it has a good outcome! Good luck on your last week of class :teethy:.

Gym for me first thing (extra hard work out since I was up one pound at WW last night :dissapointed:), then my cousin and I will tackle Costco. We will go together because there are some things we split. With prices inching ever higher, the buying in bulk looks better and better. Nice to have a buddy to half stuff with.

difficult child's first day as manager of the girls softball team was kinda a bust! Only two girls showed up, he said it was because of a conflict with track. But he hung out with the teacher, his 1:1, and his buddy for 30 minutes before calling me to pick him up. I look at his voluntarily staying at school for 30 mintues as a good thing!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful day :flirting:,

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:coffee::good_morning:

Good morning friends & fellow warrior parents!

Half way through the week. kt has early release today - ugh! Homemaker will be here when kt gets home & that's never pretty.

I have a doctor's appointment this morning to check various blood levels, yada, yada, yada....... most boring.

A few items at my desk need cleaning up & then I'm sure it will be nap time.

Sharon (with-o), it doesn't matter that you missed the gym - you had healing time with husband. That is better than any workout imaginable. You'll get back on track with the gym when things aren't so stressful. It will happen.

jannie, hope the appts for your difficult children is fruitful.

Sharon (LDM), while you're at Costco if you wouldn't mind picking up a few paper products for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. :bow: It would be one less trip for me.

Here's to a picture perfect day. No meltdowns from difficult children, no more snow! Have a good one!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- I'm glad last night was so relaxing, you've needed that.

Jannie- My fingers are crossed that you have smooth sailing this week. Good luck with today's appointments.

LDM- I hope more girls show for the next practice. I don't want difficult child to become discouraged!

Linda- What is it with these kid's school schedules? It seems that mine is seldom there for five full days in a row. It can't be easy to develop a routine that way!

Today is a quick cuppa coffee with a dear friend, volunteering at the school then Brownies tonight. Duckie is trying very hard to be respectful and pleasant so far. Of course, I took away her HSM cds as incentive so she definitely has some added motivation. I just hope for a better day than yesterday!

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Andy

:loveforever: 20 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TODAY!!! :)

Always get flowers on birthday and anniversary IF husband will be gone that night. husband has meeting in town several hours away so will not be home tonight. So, I got beautiful roses. :)

difficult child and I went to a concert last night. Sinatra type music with big band. difficult child liked the singer's voice and the band (except, "sometimes they do too many high C's and hurt my ears). husband came and got him at intermission - he was way too tired to enjoy much of the concert.

difficult child sees psychiatrist this afternoon an hour away driving time. I need to shop for disposable camera for difficult child's overnight class field trip tomorrow. Suppose to rain both Thursday and Friday - hope they get that wrong - may put a damper on the field trip. (but I suppose better than snow?)

I have decided to take easy child to a prom at her cousin's on Saturday. I just wasn't feeling good about her driving up there (4 hours away) and driving back after being up all night (and what makes me think I will get any sleep? We are getting a hotel room). I haven't seen my sister in forever and have never been to her home since she moved a few years ago. That means some substitutes for Sunday School. husband will take my class (4th - 6th grades), I will ask 1st grade teacher to add PK - K to her class and find someone to "Lead" kids from snack to music and make sure they get to their class after music (a superintendent duty). husband can unlock classroom doors.

I better get going, gotta let puppy out, line up medications (didn't do last night as usual), and get difficult child going for the day.

It is going to be a good day! (Maybe husband and I can go for supper tommorrow night when he gets back home)

Marguerite

G'day people.

Sharon/Wiped, it sounds like you had a lovely, relaxing evening. Don't feel guilty about missing the gym two nights in a row - you'll get there tonight, and feel all the better for having accomplished so much in the meantime.

Jannie, good to see you on the morning thread. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead. By this time next week you're going to be enjoying the spare time, with the course finishing.

Sharon/LDM, buying in bulk is good, if you have someone to help you make use of it all. husband & I used to buy a lot of stuff in bulk, but we no longer have places like Costco.

Linda, I hope the blood levels are all OK, nothing too scary.

TM, I hope Duckie can keep working on her manners for you. Here's to a better day!

Adrianne, happy anniversary! I hope the field trip doesn't get rained out.

We had a quiet day here today. difficult child 3 didn't get a vast amount of work done, but he put in some good effort and actually did more after he came home from his after-school walk. I'm hoping he can finish this work tomorrow morning, because I've arranged an assessment tomorrow afternoon. I might post separately about it in more detail.

I haven't been well enough to go for my evening walks, since Saturday. I'm hoping to be back on the beat tonight or tomorrow.

TV tonight is screening the first Indiana Jones movie. We actually got difficult child 3 to watch the beginning of it, and a bit more later on. He finds the level of tension too stressful, but is getting better with it.

I've been working on an old tapestry I'd forgotten about, while my mind is busy helping difficult child 3 with schoolwork (or merely being available). easy child 2/difficult child 2 spotted me doing it and asked if I have any spares she can work on; challenging ones, not "little kiddie ones", she said. It's yet another de-stress option for her. And probably a cheaper, more productive one than those 3-D puzzles she keeps buying. Maybe I can get her into embroidery? I can just picture her as a girl of the past, daintily embroidering her sampler...

Enjoy your Wednesday, everyone.

Marg