Good Wednesday Morning!

tiredmommy

:bloodshot:Good morning.

I woke up a little while ago with joint pain. It's not as bad as it has been in the past but it is making it hard to fall back asleep. Ugh. And I have a very busy day from 9am until 8pm. Double Ugh.

husband will be waking in a few hours to leave for Cleveland, so I'm going to try to get back to sleep. Have a great day! :salute:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning TM & all who follow,

TM, I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain. Wish I had some suggestion that would help ~ I take pain medications in huge doses. That most likely will not help you at this point. Warm bath???? I hope you can carve our some alone time tomorrow or at least carve back some of the stuff you have going on today.

I'm up for the night ~ pain & a busy mind have got me pacing the house; I used the carpet sweeper on my area rugs & have cleaned the bathroom. I think that's it for the night. I'm just finishing up a painting & I'm sketching a drawing of kt & wm. Hoping to catch them & be able to paint them as a Christmas gift for husband.

There's an inch or two of snow on the ground even as we speak with ice underneath. Should prove to be a fun commute. Schools were canceling classes yesterday - today should be prove to be interesting. Winter hasn't even started yet.

I'll be doing that accountant thing today if my mind stays clear. I have a checkbook to balance & bills to pay. I'm hoping to get a menu put together tonight for next week so I can order groceries tomorrow for Thursday delivery.

OR.....I might just spend the day sleeping. We'll see. ;)

Have a good day, friends. Here's to a reason to smile - don't forget to hug your loved ones.

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning: Good Morning Early Birds (and all those who will folllow)

TM, I cetainly hope you are back to sleep and found some pain relief. How many times have I told you to slow down?????? This is your board mama talking now - you are heading into a busy time with your activities at school and church - Think about taking on only what you have committed to so far. I don't want you to get sick and run down for the holidays. Take care of yourself, please!

Linda, well you are not up early, you just haven't gone to sleep yet! The drawing of kt and wm sounds interesting - this is a new subject matter for you, yes? You have mostly done "wildlife" in the past haven't you? When easy child started drawing "humans" she spent weeks drawing individual parts of the body - ears, eyes, hands, etc. I can't believe you have snow :sled:! Where's mine? Take care friend.

Today is, well, just another day! Took difficult child for his psychiatrist appointment after school yesterday. The receptionist recognized us. She said, "are you sure you have an appointment today?" Seems I messed up - difficult child's appointment was Monday!! i asked her if she could speak to psychiatrist about waiving the missed appointment fee 'cause it's pretty steep. She said she would talk to him, we'll see at the end of the month when the bills go out!

Marg, you asked about finning yesterday. Finning is, quite simply, putting on swim fins and doing cardio for one hour in the pool. Basically you put on the fins and then get in the deeper water. You position our body as if you were sitting in an imaginary chair - shoulders out of the water, torso bent at waist, legs out front. Then, you do different types of leg movements and go up and down the pool for an hour. You may do 2 laps of short quick kicks, then 3 laps of butterfly kicks, then 4 laps of crunches (while kicking, you bend back and touch the water with your head and then sit back up while moving down the lane) - whatever program the instructor has planned. It requires a lot of stretching at first because it totally focuses on the legs and abs. It's something that is fairly new, but catching on in clubs with aquatic depts.

So, I did that last night and there happened to only be three of us. easy child joined us in the water since there were so few attendees. Normally she instructs from the deck during finning. When the weather starts to cool, some of the folks stop coming the pool. More room for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, have a great day everyone :peaceful:

Sharon

Rabbit

Good Morning Friends! Hope everyone has a good day!
TM hope your joints feel better soon!
Linda The drawing sounds wonderful
You must be very talented
Sharon hope they wave the fee
The kitten , named Bob(bobcat) , is going to the vet today. He is growing on me.
Time to get difficult child 2 ready for the bus.
PS the therapist is going to talk to difficult child 3
(daughter who brought home the kitten)
about going back to high school
one can hope can't they
Sending good thoughts and hugs your way
Rabbit

Marguerite

G'day folks.

Talking of chronic pain - I probably don't have to tell you that the best thing you can do is hit it hard with a stronger dose of pain killers and then maintain with a lower dose. Overall you end up taking less and your pain should be better controlled. If you wait until the pain is tapping you on the shoulder, you often end up in more pain even though you take more painkillers.

TM, I hope you can manage to get back to sleep.

Linda, the picture of kt & wm sounds lovely. Do you have photos of them to help? Sometimes the easiest time to create, is the middle of the night.

Sharon/LDM, thanks for the info on finning. It sounds interesting - I'll share that with easy child, she's always looking for different ways to exercise in the water. I might even try it myself once I get back into the water at the beach. It's an estuary beach, it's easy to get past the breaker line into calmer water and still not be out of my depth.

Rabbit, I hope Bob gets a clean bill of health from the vet. Maybe you can link Bob into going back to school somehow? There can be something relaxing about doing your homework with your pet cat curled up beside you.

I'm having busy days at the moment, with the wedding coming up and all. Today it was a later start but we still had to leave home by 11.15 am to get mother in law out to the doctor's in time. I told her we were going out and asked her if she wanted to come, so she was lucky to get the doctor's appointment right before difficult child 3's. The doctor did the necessary Health care Plan for difficult child 3 so we can get the free psychology sessions but also wanted bloods done on him. difficult child 3 was NOT happy about this but accepted it, as long as I got emla cream. We buy it over the counter now, so I got some for him and calculated the best time to put it on him. I had X-rays and ultrasound to have done, so I organised the cream so we could get difficult child 3's blood draw done afterwards, giving the cream time to numb his elbow crease. He had wanted more time to get used to the idea but we explained to him that a week of getting anxious about it was not good, it was much better to have it over with.

As it turned out, the blood draw went off well (although he was still stressing a lot). The technician got it first go and although she was a bit testy at first, seemed to drop the attitude quickly and this helped also.

By then my results were almost ready, so we headed back to the shops (where I'd left mother in law) and sent difficult child 3 to get a haircut (needed for the wedding). By this time I was running out of time to shop so I grabbed the bare essentials, managed to have a quick word to easy child 2/difficult child 2 about HER wedding plans in the meantime, and then we headed off to arrive at difficult child 3's drama class just in time.

A busy day. Home late, just in time to turn around and begin dinner, I still need to make another litre of bearnaise sauce before bedtime tonight and I'm rapidly running out of time.

Tomorrow is house cleaning morning (and cooking) then by mid afternoon difficult child 3 & I head back to the city to see the psychologist. We'll meet up with husband and come home together, then we've got dinner with difficult child 1 & girlfriend before we go down for her dress fitting.

Phew!

Hopefully we don't have to go anywhere or do anything on Friday.

But then again, easy child 2/difficult child 2 is wanting to check out more wedding places, it seems we could do even better but we HAVE to know within a week.

Never a dull moment, as I keep saying...

Enjoy your - what day is it today? Wednesday?

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-I hope you are feeling better soon.

Linda-I hope you find some time to sleep today.

Sharon-Sorry about the mix up in appts. Finning sounds like fun-they don't have anything like that at our club as far as I know but it's been awhile since I've checked into the pool classes.

Rabbit-Sounds like a busy day ahead of you.

Marg-Wow, you are busy! I hope you find some time to relax.

Sorry I haven't been posting much on the board lately. Things have been really busy and I've been so tired. Today it's therapist appts for difficult child, easy child, and me. husband will take easy child to hers after school and difficult child and I have ours at the same location. We should get home by about 6:30 tonight. Don't know if we'll make it to the club or not.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:peaceful:

Good Morning Everyone:coffee2:,

I was ready to post my response and hit a wrong key - It is probably floating in cyberspace somewhere... So, if I miss anyone while I try this again, sorry.

Tired Mommy, I hope you get a bit extra sleep:sleeping:this morning and you feel better soon!!!

Linda, Sorry you're in pain too. I hope you feel better soon too!!! SNOW!!!:frostbite::snowing:I'm not ready for any yet!!!

Rabbit, I hope the therapist can talk difficult child 3 into going back to school. I hope Bob is healthy - I LOVE kittens!!!

Marg, You're always so BUSY!!! It seems like you've been making bernaise sauce forever... Time flies!!! Glad the blood draw went well for difficult child 3. I understand how difficult this can be - difficult child 1 is 171/2 yrs. old and still has major issues regarding blood draws. I hope after the first wedding, you're able to get a bit of much needed rest!!!:beach:

Sharon (LDM), Finning sounds like an excellent way to get in shape. Sorry about difficult child's missed appointment - I think lots of us have done this at one time or another - We're just too busy with too much on our minds!!! I hope you don't get charged for it.

Sharon (WO), I hope you get to catch up on your sleep!!! I hope you make it to the club too... Take it easy though - Don't do anything to aggrevate your back.

Today, I'm tired too. It must be something about this time of year... difficult children didn't have school Monday or Tuesday - They had a four day weekend. While they were thrilled, I was miserable. No matter what, today is a good day because they're back in school.:jumphappy:

I'm still waiting for the test results from my biobsy, ultrasound and internal. I was told it could take up to two weeks and the doctor's office was closed yesterday. I know I shouldn't be stressing over this - As Fran said, when you hear hoofs think horses and not zebras - but I would be lying if I said this wasn't weighing a bit too heavy on my mind...

Lots going on the rest of this week. difficult children have therapist appointments, after school activities, health insurance claims need to be straightened out, calls need to be made for difficult child 2 - I received a letter recently that he is eligible for state services through vocational rehab, etc... Most important, I need to find a part time job - Our business is just too slow and it is scary:( Living in a small town can be difficult when you need to find work...

I hope everyone has at least one reason to smile today...:D WFEN:

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Tired - I hope you were able to get back to sleep.

Timer - I hope you can find some rest. We had snow yesterday and my friend D asked if PTL would be cancelled last night. I stated that I didn't think so because we would probably have snowy weather for the next several PTL meetings. It ended up that it was not as nasty outside as it looked. The painting of KT and WM sounds wonderful - what a great gift it will be.

Little Dude's Mom - I am sorry about the missed appointment. Finning sounds like a good workout.

Rabbit - It would be wonderful if your difficult child 3 goes back to school!

Marg - I feel for difficult child 3. I also have a hard time with needles. I am glad it work out for him. You certainly had a busy day.

Wiped Out - Good morning! I hope you find some time to get a nap in today.

Back to work for me today. I will work 6 hrs just in case I am able to take Friday off. difficult child has a therapist appointment in Fargo on Friday so I am planning on taking him out of school for the day so we can get some work done on the van also. However, the weather Thursday and Friday is not looking good - rain/ice/snow/wind. I may cancel this appointment.

difficult child has a large part in the school Christmas program. I heard a lot about the program from my friend D and also the teacher who is leading it. I am getting excited about it - sounds like something very different than normal.

easy child has a new drama. She asked if I had talked to S lately. No, Why? The rumor is going around that I called S and told her that I caught easy child and J in bed. Now J is mad also. I said, "easy child, if that happened, do you really think I would be calling S about it? I do not operate like that." (S is the mother of J's baby) I once again reminded her that this is the kind of garbage that her "friends" create and she needs to remove herself from it. Amazing that she would even think that I would behave in that matter! Just shows that she is still not looking clearly at things when rumors come around.

I get to be home tonight! I think difficult child is due for another early to bed night.

Everyone have a great day! Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

Andy

WFEN - I loose lots of posts and it gets frustrating since it is always after I have typed a long one. I think for most of us, being tired this time of the year is our bodies trying to hibernate. For you, you also add your schedule for today and I would be out for a week. I hope you get everything done. Have a good day.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all. I'm running late but wanted to say hello.
I did read everyone's post and wishing you all a productive peaceful day.