Good Wednesday morning....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
A very good Wednesday morning to all my board friends & family! :bloodshot::coffee2: Definitely time for a good strong cuppa coffee. I'm brewing my first pot of hmj even as we speak.

It's been a very busy couple of days. Today isn't quite as bad but the agenda just isn't letting up. Good thing kt is off to respite this coming weekend.

I've Occupational Therapist (OT) & PT coming in this morning; one for initial intake, the other for whatever Occupational Therapist (OT) plans. Haven't a clue as of yet. kt has a therapist coming out to re-evaluate & do an intake diagnostic evaluation for her upcoming stay in Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

I should be able to sleep a few hours after kt leaves for school before everything hits the fan.

Have a good day, friends. Keep it calm out there.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-I feel like I need a good strong cup of coffee. Too bad I don't like the stuff-but do love that smell. Sounds like another busy day for you. I'm glad you'll get a few hours of napping in first!

Long day ahead for me. We are going on a field trip this afternoon and it is outside' the temps are not as pleasant as th last few days. I'm hoping the kids do well. After school we have a staffing for difficult child. Maybe we'll make it to the health club.

I'm trying a new WW recipe tonight. It's an oven fried chcken involving bread crumbs and crushed almonds. The almond thin sounded good so I'm going to give it a try.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

K

Kjs

Good morning all,

Linda - hope you get your nap in before your busy day picks up.

I will get home from work about 1pm. difficult child starts scuba diving tonight. I am nervous, afraid he will have an anxiety attack. I did not mention the anxiety to him. He read the pamphlet and was really excited about doing this. Holding my breath and crossing my fingers all goes well for him.

Weather was extremely wonderful on Tuesday. Way above normal. I sat outside next to my Chloe. We try to keep her down, calm. Kenzie is getting jipped. We try to keep her away so she doesn't excite Chloe or step on her.

Rain today. Maybe I'll nap after work, before scuba diving.

K

Kjs

Good morning sharon. You should post your recipe. I love to try new things. Especially WW.

trinityroyal

Good morning everyone!

Linda--sounds like you have a full plate ahead of you. I too hope that you get a chance to have a nap.

Sharon (WO)--Hope the field trip goes well, and the weather cooperates for you. That recipe does sound delicious.

Kjs--Glad to hear that you're getting some time outside to just sit and enjoy the weather with Chloe. Hope scuba diving goes well with difficult child.

Well, I promised myself I would get up WITH the first alarm this morning, and by golly I did it! I have been having so much trouble dragging myself out of bed lately. I've fallen a little bit behind at work, so I'm planning to just catch up today. I have only one meeting this morning, so I'm going to block off the rest of the day to just get it done.

husband has been fighting a nasty sinus/lung infection for the last 2 months or so, and it's finally showing signs of clearing up. And right on schedule, I'm starting to have that snuffly face-ache-y feeling that tells me I might have succumbed after all these weeks of not catching it. husband has a doctor appointment tomorrow, so I think I'll sneak in with him and get myself checked for it.

Weather was glorious yesterday, and we're expecting another one just like it today. It was the first time since last fall that I'was able to go out and about without a coat on, and it was lovely. I can't wait for it to get warm enough for short sleeves!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Trinity

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Linda- I hope your nap refreshes you for a busy day ahead.

Sharon- Have fun on the field trip and please post that recipe in WC!

Kjs-I have my fingers crossed about scuba diving.

Trinity- I hope you're just getting a touch of allergies or a mild cold. I'm finally over the 2 month sinus thing like your husband had. I really hope you don't have have it.

Today is a busy day. I'm continuing to sort and clear out our basement storage room and I have some light cleaning that I must attend to because I won't have a chance the rest of the week. Then all the Brownie's meet up to go to a book store for a writing try-it this evening. Duckie is looking forward to that.

Today is also pink slip day at husband's work... we'll know by the end of the day whether he still has a job or not. Little stressed here as you can imagine.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Marguerite

Linda, I hope you can get some rest before things get exciting.

Sharon/WO, I hope the field trip goes well and it's warmer than you expect. I remember a field trip to the Blue Mountains west of Sydney, in August 2000 - we had some Japanese exchange students, all wearing those cute little sailor suit uniforms they wear; and it snowed. The poor girls all had bare legs and were so cold! And only a month later, husband & I were getting sunburned in the scorching heat of the Olympics equestrian event, only a few miles away from where it had snowed. Weather can do weird and surprising things during season changeover.

Kjs, I hope difficult child does OK with his scuba diving Hopefully he will be so excited that he won't have time to panic.

Trinity, I hope you haven't got the bug; or at least not got it too badly. Enjoy your weather.

TM, spring cleaning already? Here's hoping husband isn't getting pink slipped. Times are rough right now.

difficult child 3 spent a lot of today finishing off the practical part of his science experiment. He chose to work on a Physics experiment and I think has done a good job. But he needed my help to manage the equipment and to help record data. It got us outside - we did the experiment in my vegetable garden, it's fallow at the moment while I go get seedlings for winter.

Tonight I went to my first choir practice, I've been asked to help lead/train a local choir. It's done on a shoestring budget (ie toss in a gold coin to cover photocopying costs and coffee). It wasn't too bad, I need to find some rounds for them to learn, because they all really need to learn to listen to one another, to hold a part and to be able to stay in tempo and on key. I think I must be crazy to take this on, but they're nice people, it's local, and for some of them at least, it is a vital diversion to a very rough and lonely time in life.

Tomorrow I'm leaving difficult child 3 at home to work on his own, while I go into the school for some interviews. I'm on a selection panel (parent rep) for a new teacher position. I've got a couple more of these coming up in the next few weeks. I might grab the chance to ask the music department for help with some sheet music, possibly. I'm also hoping to talk to difficult child 3's maths teacher, I have some more work of his to hand in. Depending on what time I finish, I'll stop off at the garden centre for those seedlings. I need to put some mulch on the garden as well. A fair bit of work to do, probably on Friday. I've also got my housework day shifted to Friday, so I'm going to be busy and tired.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:yawn::yawn::yawn:
Timer - I hope you can find some sleep before the scheduled events for today begin.

Wiped Out - I hope the weather warms up today. My difficult child has his field trip on Friday. Very chancy to plan stuff in March. However, his teacher will be having a baby the middle/end of May so need to do traveling now. He has all indoor activities and the temps are suppose to be up to a very high 50 degree F.

KJS - Good luck with the scuba class. I visited one with a friend a few years ago. As with everything, it is not as easy as it looks and lots to know and be aware of for safety.

Trinity - I hope that nasty stuff stays away. We had a brisk day yesterday. I wasn't the only one who sent my kid to school in short sleeves. I arrived on the play ground to lots and lots of kids who took their coats off and were running around with short sleeves, snow pants, and boots. Bad enough for the older kids to do so but then the little kids copy them. I told the teacher difficult child will be wearing long sleeves today. If I would have known he was going to be taking off his jacket outside, he would have been wearing long sleeves yesterday.

Tired - Try-its are so much fun. I remember those days well. Good luck that your husband does not get a pink slip today.

difficult child was up early today. So of course, he is afraid that something is wrong because he is wide awake! He also is so concerned because he can't tell if his stomach is a stomach ache or an indication of being hungry. He finally decided it was hunger pains so is super afraid because he didn't figure it out earlier. I think it would have been easier if he slept another hour!

difficult child will go to school for 1 1/2 hour today. I have to get going and get him there early so I can talk to the teacher a bit before getting to work hopefully on time for a change. I had a management level person ask me if I am setting my own hours now to come and go as I please (2nd management person to ask me this since I left when the blizzard started and came in two hours late with schools opening late the next day). I explained that I was late yesterday because of difficult child's anxiety kicking up. Apparently he was not aware of difficult child's anxiety issues. I wasn't as late as he thought I was because as I stopped in up front to gather mail and the papers for the co-worker job I am covering, I had a few people ask some questions.

difficult child has a therapist appointment today. He did very well yesterday afternoon (see my post about update) and so far this morning is also doing well. The only way I know how to explain to you about his behaviors when anxiety is very high is like an abused puppy. No life in him, whimpering, can not face anything without fear. Very heartwrenching for me. So far he is not behaving like that this morning. He has some fears going on, but is not as despaired as yesterday morning.

Everyone have a great day today and find a way to make your kids laugh.

Andy

Good Evening Marg - I always expect someone to sneak in and as soon as I hit submit I thought of you and there you were.

I hope tomorrow is a great day for you and your family.