Good Wednesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

So peaceful right now as everyone is still sleeping, in fact I may catch a few extra Zsss in a bit before beginning my day.

Today will be busy but mostly fun. After we drop off difficult child at camp we have what I hope is a short meeting with our insurance agent. They want us to carry more life insurance, probably a good thing. However, what irritates me is we will get more on husband and I usually don't qualify because of my Addison's Disease.

Then we'll head to the health club and I'm hoping after that to squeeze in a quick nap before heading to the pool to meet my bff and my god son. After that I need to hurry home shower (while husband picks up difficult child from camp) and then we are headed to a late afternoon showing of the new Harry Potter movie-I can't wait!!

Wishing everyone a peaceful summer day:beach:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Enjoy the show, Sharon!

I am up VERY early after just a few hours' sleep since easy child got sick in her bed tonight. I may go back to bed, but right now, I'm just up. :(

She'll probably stay home from day camp today -- unless her tummy is appreciably better. I have to submit difficult child 1's sports camp application later today, then start packing for Cleveland :)

The kids want go see Harry Potter, but I don't feel like going when I know how crowded it will be on the first day... we'll see what happens!

Have a great day, everyone!

therese005us

Well, good morning Sharon and i hope you do have a lovely summer day.
We had a rather frosty and cold beginning to our day, and it was cool and breezy most of the day.
I did manage to get the washng machine going and get some washing done, but most of the day was spent trying to establish some help for cherub.
She disclosed to me this morning that daddy had been interferring with her just a fortnight ago, after the first disclosure and disastrous interview with the police. Anally!!!!
so, I was back on the phoen to the Community Worker and also tried to ring the social worker as well. Once I got on to her i very quickly learned that there is no file on the cherub because the police told them that she wouldn't disclose. I said, but she disclosed to me, isn't that enough? she just kept quoting this or that ...xyz Act. There are no further concerns because bio mum has cooperated with them and has agreed to keep the children well supervised from the daddy... no she doesn't! She has protected her child by sending her to me - but i have to let her go back on weekends - oh, she didn't know that! But even so, they're not taking any action because there is no matter for concern - we just went round in circles. How I held my tongue and patience, I don't know. I did suggest she go and cut his hands off!
I did ask her why it wasn't enough that a child spoke up and asked for help in a serious matter, why she still has to repeat it to someone else before it is investigated. She quoted the privacy Act and this Act etc. etc. i told her I was taking her to the police again, and she said that's fine, they would contact the Dept. and the Dept would act in due process..... Ho hum!! pray I don't have to return her on friday, and that the other two stay safe. i wish I had gone to get them now yesterday, even though it would have been hard to settle cherub to school with the extras. At least they would have been safe...
I can feel my asthma getting worse already.
the house is gettign messy again before my eyes.
i can't sleep or settle.

the community worker who came out yesterday is on to it though, he's gone to the top regarding her safety. And his wife is a community worker also, she's starting at the bottom. and sicne I've now told them about a further disclosure they are really getting serious about it. So, hopefully, something will happen.

I'm thinking the encopresis might disappear without further medical assistance after this is sorted. Poor little cherub.

Any suggestions?

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Wiped Out - Good luck with the insurance decisions. Enjoy the movie - I won't be able to go until Sunday at the earliest.

Gcvmom - I hope easy child feels better soon. I also like quieter movie theators and this first night will be wild at ours.

Therese - I understand the importance of rights and innocent until proven guilty but there has got to be some change in the legal system to protect the children. Cherub is too scared to disclose to the police and people she does not know. Your information should be enough to take her out of the situation while the investigation is going on. Maybe some day the legislature will figure something out to protect these kids.

Today I will try to work about 6 hours again. I then work the fair from 4:00 - 10:00 pm selling admission tickets.

difficult child has been invited to the Harry Potter movie tonight so I need to call the mom who is taking him to work out the transportation. I hope this will work out so he doesn't have to hang out for 6 hours with me tonight.

Diva's "He is not my boyfriend, he has a girlfriend but he spends more time with me than her" showed up in town last night (from several states away). She saw him for 2 minutes at a friends house where she said he acted like a jerk. I assured her he would come looking for her which he did and she spent time with him late last night (or should I say early morning?) Wonder what will come about? I think they are good friends that should NOT take it to the next level. That would not be good for her in the long run but she is young and in love.

doctor told me to wait on the shoulder to see if it clears up on its own. He gave me medication for an infection in another area. I hate how antibiotics make me feel. They kind of zap me. I am really questioning if I will be able to work the long boring hours of the fair this year. Tonight 4:00 - 10:00 am, and 11:00 am - 10:00 pm on Friday and Saturday. I hope it does not get too hot - not suppose to get too much sun when on antibiotics.

I am going to get going - Sooner to work, sooner home!

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh. If you are going to a county or state fair, be extra nice to the ticket takers, they do get jerks coming through once in awhile and love their job because of the good people who willingly pay and are looking forward to a good time at the fair.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Wednesday morning folks.
I am at mom's house outside of Pittsburgh. The weather is pleasant and that's refreshing. Mom and I go to the doctor's this afternoon. In between I'll see friends and relatives.
I look forward to my visit with the other members in Cleveland.

Wiped out, sounds like a nice day for you. It's frustrating to know you have penalties on you with your pre existing conditions.

gvcmom, I'm sure you are exhausted. Lack of sleep is not a good thing.
I don't like big crowds either. Hope your easy child feels better.

terese, poor cherub! We adults are supposed to protect children.

Andy, good luck at the fair. You are a patient, tolerant warrior mom.

difficult child is watching the 3 pups. It's a busy job. He is doing well so far. He has a job interview on Sunday. Hopefully he will have a little confidence.

Hope you all have a good day.

Marguerite

G'day folks.

Sharon/WO, sounds like you have a busy day planned. Enjoy the movie.

Gcvmom, sorry easy child is sick. I hope it doesn't cause too much inconvenience for the day and I hope she feels better soon.

Trish, no wonder the pook kid has encopresis. I hope you can get something in place before the weekend. Honestly! Some people!

Andy, I hope your shoulder feels better soon. Diva's boyfriend sounds a bit of a worry.

Fran, I hope difficult child's job interview goes well on Sunday. And I hope you all enjoy the get-together.

difficult child 1 turned up today to mow our friend's lawn (after I reminded him last night). I spent some time at friend's place also andleft loaded with some new recipes. difficult child 3 meanwhile was doing more work on his overdue assessment task. Hopefully he will get more done tomorrow.

I had some practice with the choir tonight, they're sounding tolerable. If only our sole soprano doesn't lose her voice by performance time on Saturday... and can learn to stay in pitch... do you have any idea how difficult it is to sing a three part round with two people?

I've got my cleaning guy tomorrow, I plan to do some cooking before the family drop in on us on Friday night.

I have been trying to type this while watching an episode of "Family Guy" with difficult child 3 watching over my shoulder. He has been asking me why this, why that, why did they have a live action segment in a cartoon, what did they mean by this. Finally he said, "Why did I like tihs?"
I was feeling quite exasperated by this stage and said, "How should I know? It's YOUR mind!"
He replied, Well, you do know me better than me!"

I tihnk I need to go to bed now. I'm too tired - that was actually starting to make sense!

Marg

Stop Press - we had a tsunami alert tonight. Apparently there was an eatchquake on te southern tip of NZ 9.30 pm local time, 7.9 on ther Richter scale. The alert came through at 9.30 pm our time (two hours later) which gave us about another 60-90 minutes. Our news just said the tsunami came though, it's not too big and no reports of damage although it's early. There may be more waves plus they've forecast surges and strong currents and warned peopleto stay out of the water for the next day or so.

I'm sure people will be whinging that we got warned for what turned out to be little problem. It is still preferable to not getting warned when it turns out to be deadly. But you don't know until it hits, if it's nasty or not.

Last edited: