Good wednesday morning

Hi Everyone,

It's definitely mid-week "slump/hump" around here:bloodshot::coffee2:... Another day of the usual - Rainy, damp, humid ... :( I think this is the worst summer weather I've seen so far...

Anyway, the good news is that I'm no longer dependent on the weather for my morning jog. As soon as the caffeine kicks in, I'm going to use my new treadmill:D. This fall I'm finally going to get back into the weights - I'm going to take a class at our local gym twice a week - Power Weights. I think I'll have to be carried to my car after the first few sessions, lol... Anyway, I know I need to get back into this.

Time for another cup of caffeine before I hit the treadmill and work.

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... SFR

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

SFR-We too are having a weird summer. Not so much on the rain end but the cool temps are a major switch. Enjoy the jog on the treadmill! I know you'll do great in the weights class.

It's suppose to be rainy here today. It rained quite a bit yesterday too and my lawn is actually turning green which the kids love but to me it means more mowing!! Before this it had been a relatively dry summer. I'm sure the mosquitoes will be happy as well.

Another day with not much on the agenda (summer is so nice). Will do the usual workout and take a nap, of course. After difficult child's camp today he has a psychiatrist appointment. I also have a bit of gift wrapping to do (or more likely husband will do it) for easy child's birthday which is tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning SFR and WO.
SFR, you seem so excited about getting back into your routine. It's wonderful that you got yourself a treadmill. It's important for you.

Wiped out, grass mowing seems like such a thankless chore. You cut, it grows, you cut some more. Of course, weeding the garden, washing dishes and laundry are sort of the same thing.

It's been humid and still but the temp isn't intolerable. I did get the pups out for a long walk. They did a nice visit with a young Bambi. LOL. Neither were particularly afraid. Guarded but more curious.

difficult child continues to show signs of improvement. He started to have a meltdown when I told him Brookstone was his kryptonite. He went upstairs cooled off and came down to agree with me. I keep trying to explain that he doesn't have an income for Brookstone's but for wal mart. Heck I seldom buy anything in Brookstones and neither should he. LOL. They do have a lot of gadgets though.

Today I'm still playing catch up to being gone last week. :hammer:Same old, same old.

therese005us

Hi everyone - happy wednesday morning
It wasn't so cold this morning, and we seem to be getting into a routine with all the extra children about. I don't know what our German students thinks about all the comings and goings/collection of children and helpers about the place - especially as we have so many special needs people about here. My maintenance man has a downs boy (19) and cherub and her siblings are a little challenging!
The school rang today and said that a guidance officer will be comign to the school monday for a meeting and I'm to go along.
That's great that she has been able to arrrange this so quickly. She is really on the ball (as we say).
Cherub remembered what those business cards/stickers were about - 'that's for ringing the girls if daddy touches my rude parts!' so, she is obviously comfortable about speaking about it at the moment. I say at the moment, as they are all going home to mom tomorrow for two nights.
The Dept has no intention of formalising an order to let the chidlren stay with me, as long as mom complies to the conditions of daddy not having contact.
Ho! hum! it's such a long process.
Well, my daughter is exhausted and went to bed early, I might go too, as it's been quite a traumatic week.
Have a lovely day everyone.

Marguerite

G'day, friends.

SFR, enjoy being independent of the weather and getting on to yourtreadmill. What about setting up a system with coffee mug and straw, then you can power walk AND drink your coffee!

Sharon/WO, I like rain in summer, at least enough to keep the garden watered.

Fran, I'm glad your dogs didn't over-react to the fawn. My main worry when meeting a fawn is, where are the parents? We have introduced deer in our area in plague proportions, they are quite big. Especially the stags. If one jumps out in front of your car, it's bad news for the deer AND the car. And they raid the rubbish bins!

Trish, more bodies in the house means more warmth. At least that's one way to look at it! I love having visitors from overseas staying with us, we love seeing our country through their eyes. I'm glad cherub admitted the touching at the interview. Now to try to ensure bio-mum really IS compliant!

We had unseasonally warm weather today, mid-20s (77 F). The storm clouds moved in mid-afternoon and it was time to pull the warm clothes back on. It's my washing day tomorrow, I need fine weather back again. It's forecast to get cooler again. I had to go out to have a bone density scan done (thanks to broken rib plus prednisone therapy) so we did our shopping while we were in the area.

We have a store that is having single-item sales at ridiculous prices - today I bought a fleecy coat for husband for A$22 (normally over A$60 or thereabouts). I've taken advantage of past sales - my favourite pair of very comfortable shoes were a bargain from this store. The sales last only for a few days, so I guess the idea is to get people into the store at regular intervals.

Wedding plans are moving on apace - we had a long talk to easy child 2/difficult child 2 today, wedding guest list is pretty much finalised now. She's picking up the dress in a week or so, we're meeting with the florist over the next week, the photographer is booked, she's coming over on Saturday to work on the bridesmaid's dresses a bit more. We need to get the fabric to my sister so she can work on te flowergirl's dress - the alternative is perhaps to drive up to visit my sister or coordinate a visit from her to the flowergirl (my sister's granddaughter) so perhaps we can all begin working on the dress together. So far, it's all on track.

difficult child 3 has only tomorrow plus the weekend to finish his assessment task. It will be interesting... I'm not allowed to help him other than reminding him to get it done. It's my cleaning day tomorrow which is also my cooking binge day, I'm hoping I can get difficult child 3 to treat tomorrow as a school day so we can get the work finally finished, then enjoy a non-school weekend. School holidays finish this weekend, the task has to be mailed to the school so they can have it early next week.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg