Good Wednesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Happy middle of the week! We have decided to send difficult child back to school today. Other than his cough he appears to be feeling fine. He may cough for a long time to come and he needs to be back at school.

This morning we are taking our students on our first field trip of the year. This is such a good group and I have lots of parent help along with student teacher help that I'm anticipating a great first outing. Still, I'll need to review behavior expectations to be sure everyone is on the same page.

No appointments after school! Hopefully husband and I will make it to the health club tonight.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Rabbit

Good Morning All! Hope everyone has a good stress free day!
Mine has begun with a flat tire! Ugh!

Sharon- Enjoy your field trip!

Sending Hugs Rabbit

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, keeping fingers crossed that difficult child makes it thru the day ~ this virus going around is a tough one to beat & it's not even the "official" flu. Have fun on your field trip.

Not much going on here today. I had PT yesterday; today I have a treatment mtg for kt @ Residential Treatment Center (RTC) with mental health CM. This ought to be a hoot ~ it come's down to a full year @ Residential Treatment Center (RTC) & losing CADI waiver of services or not.

Mental health CM believes kt is making big strides as she usually does. Hmmmmm

My niece T & kt's former PCA are coming for dinner & scrabble tonight. Something fun to end the day.

Here's to a peaceful calm day.

LittleDudesMom

:fall: Good Morning!!! I think the weather is finally turning for good here in Viriginia! The cool mornings/evenings and cloud-free 70's during the day are heavenly.

Sharon, glad difficult child feels good enough to go back to school. My difficult child was out for 2.5 days and I hate when they are out at the beginning of the year. He needed help on his math last night - my head was spinning with rational, irrational, integers, whole, real numbers, etc...... He missed two days of math so I had to help him by reviewing the chapter. Thanks goodness I'm not taking algebra!!! Hope you and husband get to the club tonight. Have fun on the field trip.

Today I will spend the morning shipping off a couple packages and then taking the final pics for a truck selection I am placing on ebay for a friend. I had to check the new flat price boxes from the post office to see how many trucks I could fit in a box. 95% of these trucks are metal (winros model carrier trucks) so the shipping cost is a real issue. Since I am selling them in lots, I wanted to see how many would go in each box before taking a final picture of the lot.

I spent a little time last week, but was overwhelmed when unpacking truck, after truck, after truck and sorting them into catagories. I have a little over 160 trucks to sell! My florida room looks like a toy store!

Wishing everyone a great day. We are halfway there! :whew:

Sharon

LittleDudesMom

Good morning Linda and Rabbit - I lost connection just as I was hitting the post button - took a couple minutes for me to get back online - you all arrived while I was "in the dark"! Linda, sounds like a great way to end the day! Sorry about the flat tire Rabbit....

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Sharon/WO, enjoy your field trip. I hope difficult child begins to feel better. Maybe being back at school will help him feel better.

Rabbit, sorry about the flat tire.

Linda, I hope the day goes well and kt gets the right services in place, nothing cut too soon.

Sharon/LDM, broken connections - very frustrating!

Wedding countdown getting close now.

Today I woke after a really bad night - head full of cotton wool and I've been feelnig feverish for days. Finally saw the doctor, she's put me on antibiotics (not done lightly). husband had to drive to the mainland to get the antibiotics, our local pharmacy didn't have it. So we took the opportunity to cut back our ivy and take it to the florist - we were going to do that tomorrow, but why make two trips where one will do?

While easy child 2/difficult child 2 & I were working on putting the sleeves on her wedding dress, my friend finished off the bridemaids dresses and the boys' cravats/handkerchieves. But we ran out of gold, the groom is missing his hankie! I rang my sister who made the flowergirl dress, she's got a spare suare foot of gold fabric and is gonig to make a hankie for us. But I left a message for easy child 2/difficult child 2 (headed back home by this time) to get a bit more gold fabric tomorrow if she can.

Tomorrow she heads to the country town where the wedding will be. It's only an hour's drive away, but they want to be there to get ready. They've booked a manicurist for 11 am, then they check in to their hotel.

difficult child 3 was supposed to go to tennis this afternoon, but his teacher had a couple of cancellations so when she rang to let me know I suggested we cancel it for the day, no point with just one student. Tomorrow he's supposed to go to school (we were gonig to drop the ivy at the florist's tomorrow on the way) but frankly, I'm too ill. If I stay home we can finish burning any extra music CDs (although I think we've just about got that done this afternoon) and I can make a few more calls on easy child 2/difficult child 2's behalf re the unemployment situation.

I had to catnap a lot today, my family were lovely and let me sleep (I got about 2 hours' sleep) but we finally had to get moving. husband needed my help to choose how much ivy to cut and whhile we were pulling at the strands of it everywhere, we discuvered which creature has been sleeping there for a long time - a very large and very male Brushtail Possum! He clambered out then sat very still with his head hidden in the leaves, trying to pretend he wasn't there.

I'd had a casserole cooking all day, when mother in law & sis-in-law got home (saw "Wicked" in Sydney this afternoon), we were to take the food down to have dinner there. But I was still busy with easy child 2/difficult child 2 and finalising the problems, so I took out my serve and stayed put, making more calls etc while husband & difficult child 3 ate with family at mother in law's. I finally finished and went down, didn't stay long.

We've finally got easy child 2/difficult child 2's government paperwork completed. We'll post it tomorrow, after which she will have crossed the Rubicon, I think. But things should all begin to happen while she's away.

I hope I can shake this sinus infection before the wedding.

Tomorrow should be a physically easy day. Just phone calls to make and maybe music to choose. My friend is making the wedding cake tonight, icing it tomorrow. We're going to cut more ivy to put around it. I have to make a wreath of ivy for the flowergirl, I'll need to sew some combs onto the wreath too so it will stay put in her hair.

I'd made myself a hat to wear - my friend thinks it looks tacky. I wasn't sure, myself. Oh well, I can always wear it to a Melbourne Cup lunch (November).

I mightn't get to post for a few days, things are busy.

Enjoy your Thursday, Friday & Saturday, if I don't get back to you all.

Marg

TPaul

Idecor8
And a good morning to all,

Seems to be a nice clear cool day here, though we might get some thunderstorms from the front coming our way tomorrow, could have a few severe storm, though. Will have to wait and see.

Have had little ones with a stomach virus this week, only the oldest girl home today so that will be behind us hopefully soon. Wife was not feeling well when she went to work last night though, hope she feels better this morning.

Levi is still doing really well on these medications, though I am cautious to get my hopes up to much. I have taken what others have said about medications to heart and just take it one day at a time and enjoy the peace while I can, :peaceful:!

A good day for all, and strength to us all
T. Paul