Good Wednesday morning....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all, :good_morning:

It's a balmy 2 degrees this morning :2cold:- eight degrees warmer than yesterday morning.

I had an annual followed by a quarterly staffing for wm yesterday. Same thing different quarter. He's made some improvements - such baby steps in the big picture of life.

Today I have an appointment. with a physciatrist (rehab doctor) followed a few hours later by family therapy with kt.

Piano lessons went beautifully yesterday; today between appts. I hope to paint a bit more before I lose all energy for the day.

I need to get out to the art supply store for kt's Christmas gift & then my holiday shopping will be complete. I'm hoping to get some baking done this weekend with kt.

Have a good day all - stay warm.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-We are starting out at the same temp as you are-brrrr! I'm glad you enjoyed your piano lesson yesterday! Enjoy painting this morning:painter: Hope you get in an extra long nap-catch some z's for me!:sleeping:

After work today I need to take difficult child to his therapist appointment. As much as I'd like to get to the health club it probably won't happen again tonight; there seems to be so much to do right now. Of course, with not exercising you would think I should be trying not to eat so much; this year the sweets are getting to me and usually I'm such a salt loving person. I think for too many years I abstained from many of my favorites at this time of the year and usually I don't do a lot of baking. Think I'll have to go back to that next year!;)

At least dinner will be done when we get home tonight; I'm putting a pork roast in the crock pot before we leave this morning!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Linda, 2 degrees F still sounds mighty cold to me. I hope you get your painting done, before you lose your energy and the light. Like you, I'm doing a fair bit of baking at the moment.

Sharon/WO, I hope you can satisfy your need for exercise. I've got more baking to do tomorrow also, I do find that I don't eat a lot of what I'm baking, when I'm trying to lose weight I tend to cook a lot more (rtying to make everyone else fat!).

I didn't get any baking done today but I did some digging on recipes I need and then went shopping this afternoon with mother in law so I could stock up on ingredients. difficult child 3 came too, he did some running around for us and bought SIL1's present from us all. Meanwhile I had some running around to do, driving to another store I don't often go to so I could buy bulk bread flour. Twenty kilos of it!

We got home with less than an hour before I had to go out again, for the rehearsal for our upcoming village carols night. The run-through happened very quickly, my choir was standing there with a "what now" attitude so we grabbed the chance to do a little more practice before sending them home. Then I took myself off home - I'd gone down on my mobility scooter so it was like walking home, in terms of meeting people etc. I dropped in on my friend to find out how her neighbour is going - he's still with us, amazingly.
It was lovely coming home in the warm evening air looking at the Christmas lights around the various homes. I'm not usually out at dusk, usually it's either much later, or I'm home well before dark. But tonight I was watching the dusk settle and hearing noises from the wildlife. A couple of dark shapes flew overhead, looking too big to be the usual magpies. Then I heard the screechy, squeaky noises - I think we have flying foxes in the village! I haven't heard them near our home, but we do have the right sort of trees for flying foxes, down near the shops. So next time I'm down there, I'll look up in the trees and see if I can see them roosting.

Tomorrow is my regular cleaning/housekeeping day. I've got a lot of cooking to do, some washing, and then after he's gone (if I have any energy left) I'll get busy with my Christmas baking - biscuits, brioche, pannetone. Somewhere in there we have to do a regular loaf of white bread, but I might make some savoury rolls for the various parties we're going to over the next few days. Our bread machine is going to be working overtime tomorrow!

difficult child 3 & I did manage to get to the beach today - it was in the middle of the day (not generally advisable) and difficult child 3's shoulders were a bit pink. Mine are OK though. If things work out, we might get to the beach again tomorrow, but a stormy change is due through and I want to go for a swim before that happens. I'll have washing to get off the clothes line, plus I'll be between various bread batches, so I'll have to watch the clock.

I've got a party to go to tomorrow evening, girls night out with the drama class mothers. Here's hoping I have the energy! The storms will be hovering about then.

Friday is another baking day with easy child 2/difficult child 2 and her friend, followed by our church Christmas party in the evening.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:frostbite: That's for Linda and Sharon! Good Morning All!

We are getting ready to have a cold snap - coldest weather of the year so far - but we will be 20 degrees warmer than you two!

Linda, good to hear your piano went well yesterday - I know you love it. Hope you get to the art store today - then you'll be done except the baking!! Have a great day - take a good nap...

Sharon, I hear you about the sweets - I'm struggling girl. I added an extra day at the gym last week and I feel a long walk with the dog on the agenda today! I'm doing a WW crock pot chicken tonight!

Marg, sounds like preparation for the holidays is in full swing at your house! I would love to just come and smell the baking! Hope you get all on your list done and still enjoy the evening gathering.

Today is all about the house! Going to give some some deep attention to a few neglected areas. I don't weekly dust and vacuum the living and dining rooms and the two extra bedrooms. But today I will detail those areas......

Wishing everyone a good middle of the week :snowman:

Sharon

crazymama30

Linda, here's hoping you get your shopping done. Sounds like you have a busy day and a cold one also!

Sharon--Hopefully you can get to the health club tommorrow. Sometimes there just are not enough hours in the day.

Marg--that is a heck of a lot of flour! I usually buy a 25lb sack at Costco, but that is almost double what I get. Wow!

Sharon--when your are done cleaning your house do you want to cross the country and come clean mine?

It has warmed up here, it is 41 degrees, last week it was -10. Our snow melted and now we have mud. I hate mud. Today it is off to work, super busy day but it will go by fast and be interesting. difficult child has his last basketball practice today, and his last game tommorrow. I am so proud of him, he has done so well playing on a team. Last year he did not do team sports as he was just not stable enough. It is so nice to see him do well. After Christmas break he will start wrestling.

Hope you all have a good Wednesday!

TerryJ2

I guess I live closest to Sharon. It's chilly but sunny.

In regard to today, all I can say is AAAAAARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

There just isn't enough chocolate or wine on this planet.

:stopglass::highvoltage::coffee2::2dissapointed: